Khobar's Legacy

My Blood Is Blue

10 minutes ago, flllerywhereru2 said:

Please pray for the poor oppressed Andrew ''choirboy'' Robertson who was brutally attacked by a Linesman at the weekend. He was entirely innocent and merely questioned that the lino had not given the agreed quota of 99 percent of decisions in peoples clubs favour...

In fairness to him he was probably trying to complain about Arsenals incessant cheating .

In fairness to the linesman , all he was trying to do was shake him off his arm  , a weaker man may have spent the half time brake pummelling his face to mush. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I shouldn't say this (and I haven't studied the incident) but players spend so much time abusing officials that I'm not surprised one of them eventually retaliates.  

I know the standard of refereeing can be appalling, but what young person would want to even go there as a vocation/career?

More female officials need to be promoted.  That would put a stop to a lot of the nonsense.

War story for which I apologise..I remember with clarity the first game I played in with a female referee... not a high profile/level game and I was at a veterans stage,

I think we lost but I always made a point of shaking the ref's hand at any level and did so that day.... no special comment on the ref..competent if not spectacular game as I recall..all you can ask for but unfortunately one of our players decided to have a go at the ref ..unjustly.. basically I feel because she was a she... disgraceful to my mind and I voiced my displeasure..... bullies take any opportunity and weak minded choose to blame others for their lack of performance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chara said:

War story for which I apologise..I remember with clarity the first game I played in with a female referee... not a high profile/level game and I was at a veterans stage,

I think we lost but I always made a point of shaking the ref's hand at any level and did so that day.... no special comment on the ref..competent if not spectacular game as I recall..all you can ask for but unfortunately one of our players decided to have a go at the ref ..unjustly.. basically I feel because she was a she... disgraceful to my mind and I voiced my displeasure..... bullies take any opportunity and weak minded choose to blame others for their lack of performance.

In my naive, old fashioned way Chara, I was thinking that female officials would improve the players' behaviour!!!

Neither naive nor old-fashioned, Jane - some of the refs invite trouble, whereas the standard of reffing I've seen in ladies' football suggests someone like Stéphanie Frappart or Sian Massey-Ellis would sort out that lot of prima donnas in no time. I recall watching the first Cambridge eight with a lady cox practicing on the Granta (I worked in a factory near there) - the language was unbelievable, and the guys were silent and obedient. I seem to remember that they won that year. QED

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JaneB said:

In my naive, old fashioned way Chara, I was thinking that female officials would improve the players' behaviour!!!

Silk purse/pigs ear unfortunately Jane... it depends on the personality on both sides of the whistle!..I've had good bosses and bad bosses...gender was not part of the equation!

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I shouldn't say this (and I haven't studied the incident) but players spend so much time abusing officials that I'm not surprised one of them eventually retaliates.  

I know the standard of refereeing can be appalling, but what young person would want to even go there as a vocation/career?

More female officials need to be promoted.  That would put a stop to a lot of the nonsense.

While I agree that more women referees and assistants need to be introduced, I think this should ONLY be dome on the grounds of competence, not having women referees for the sake of having women referees.  The sex of the officials shouldn't be the reason why players do or don't behave. That's down to the players. Rugby (both codes) manages pretty well when it comes to player behaviour.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

While I agree that more women referees and assistants need to be introduced, I think this should ONLY be dome on the grounds of competence, not having women referees for the sake of having women referees.  The sex of the officials shouldn't be the reason why players do or don't behave. That's down to the players. Rugby (both codes) manages pretty well when it comes to player behaviour.

I completely agree, but they have to ensure the pathway is the same for both male and female. 

If the FA coaching is anything to go by then it still isn’t quite even, I’ve done some of my badges and a woman who helps out with my team every now and then has done many more badges than me, but she still gets treated as ‘second class’ when doing some of the courses, which is really awful. We still have quite a way to go.

• Angry 1

Just seen John Aldridge being interviewed on the ITV  news regarding the FA trying to stamp out chanting about tragedy.  The spotlight was mainly on Hillsborough. 

John thought it was disgusting, he was lost for words, I wonder why they didn't ask him about Liverpool supporters chanting about Munich then?  

Liverpool supporters are one of the worst offenders which is odd considering they never do anything wrong. 

Just to clarify it's all horrible and I agree that it should be tackled but yet again it is all about them and no mention of all of rent boys which last time it was brought up they genuinely tried to justify it  because we had a large loan army that we were "renting out". 

Oh and once again no mention of Heysel presumably because that was us. 

• Angry 7

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I completely agree, but they have to ensure the pathway is the same for both male and female. 

If the FA coaching is anything to go by then it still isn’t quite even, I’ve done some of my badges and a woman who helps out with my team every now and then has done many more badges than me, but she still gets treated as ‘second class’ when doing some of the courses, which is really awful. We still have quite a way to go.

100% agree. There has to be a level playing field and it's obvious that, while huge strides have been made in recent years, there's still a way to go.

There should be more officials like Sian Massey-Ellis; not because she's a woman, but because she is competent. If, as a by-product of her gender, players are less obnoxious, then that's a bonus... but the players should be less obnoxious in the first place.

I hope we don't have to wait too long before we have a woman referee officiating an FA Cup Final, having shown competence over several dozen PL games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

100% agree. There has to be a level playing field and it's obvious that, while huge strides have been made in recent years, there's still a way to go.

There should be more officials like Sian Massey-Ellis; not because she's a woman, but because she is competent. If, as a by-product of her gender, players are less obnoxious, then that's a bonus... but the players should be less obnoxious in the first place.

I hope we don't have to wait too long before we have a woman referee officiating an FA Cup Final, having shown competence over several dozen PL games.

Can only agree 100%....my only comment is as long as the dreaded "quota" pressure is not applied.

Competance should be the only defining factor plus slightly off the issue,,,some higher authority,,with authority and real knowledge... to judge job performance and hand down good and bad reports...as it stands now my unoriginal question is.."Who guards the guardians ?"

Slight detour off topic for a while but got OG memory strolling again into Khobar territory

For all I'm with Khobar all the way, I recalled a bad mid week night at SB against..I think Sunderland,,

Memory tells me it was Speedie sent off for a terrible tackle on ,,again maybe memory fog..Clive Walker...distasteful scenes and a fan on the pitch...terrible taste in the mouth as it were...the ugly side of the game in the raw.

The following weekend at SB,,abysmal crowd numbers, the real fans, comment from fellow Chelsea mate...:"Where are all the loudmouths from Wednesday?" Where? indeed.

It's always the entitled and befuddled who cause the problems and blame everyone but themselves. Although I hate to say it decent real Liverpool (and every club) fans understand the reality but get shouted down or don't want the unpleasant reaction if they try to balance an argument.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chara said:

Can only agree 100%....my only comment is as long as the dreaded "quota" pressure is not applied.

Competance should be the only defining factor plus slightly off the issue,,,some higher authority,,with authority and real knowledge... to judge job performance and hand down good and bad reports...as it stands now my unoriginal question is.."Who guards the guardians ?"

Yep! 

100% against quotas in any job/ profession, but feel equally strongly that every person should have equal rights and opportunity. 

Give everyone the same chance but then let the cream rise naturally to the top. Horse Racing has shown the way to go in sports and after many years of natural progress it now has women jockies getting top horses to ride based purely off the back of their performances.

• Agree 2

Just now, boratsbrother said:

Yep! 

100% against quotas in any job/ profession, but feel equally strongly that every person should have equal rights and opportunity. 

Give everyone the same chance but then let the cream rise naturally to the top. Horse Racing has shown the way to go in sports and after many years of natural progress it now has women jockies getting top horses to ride based purely off the back of their performances.

My point exactly...thank you bb for adding what I should have added!

On 14/04/2023 at 20:03, Mark Kelly said:

Just seen John Aldridge being interviewed on the ITV  news regarding the FA trying to stamp out chanting about tragedy.  The spotlight was mainly on Hillsborough. 

John thought it was disgusting, he was lost for words, I wonder why they didn't ask him about Liverpool supporters chanting about Munich then?  

Liverpool supporters are one of the worst offenders which is odd considering they never do anything wrong. 

Just to clarify it's all horrible and I agree that it should be tackled but yet again it is all about them and no mention of all of rent boys which last time it was brought up they genuinely tried to justify it  because we had a large loan army that we were "renting out". 

Oh and once again no mention of Heysel presumably because that was us. 

Aldridge is one of those professional promoters of his ex employers along with the likes of Phil Thompson and Carragher are the most one eyed of the never ending list of ex Liverpool pundits. Any focus on Hillsborough is now very careful and since the doctored legal case always lays absolutely no blame on the fans. You can now see the articles regarding last years events in Paris going the same way, suddenly the talk of forged tickets (the cause of the issues) has been buried and as with Hillborough we arte supposed to believe absolutely no misbehaviour or ticketless fans. Im not one for singing about tragedies myself but I also dont buy the airbrushing of history that has gone on either.

• Agree 3

So the Guardian are running a sensationalist '' How abramovich made his money'' artical, the clear suggestion being that Chelsea somehow cheated to win all the trophies under abramovich. However by stating it caused the football authorities to change the rules re owners/ regulation of clubs finance tells you that actually no rules were broken.

Dont let them fool you into thinking we didnt earn any of those trophies, given the media opposition to it which innevitably filtered down through the FA to the officials you could argue that we had to do even more to win what we did well domestically anyway...

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

On 14/04/2023 at 22:10, chara said:

Slight detour off topic for a while but got OG memory strolling again into Khobar territory

For all I'm with Khobar all the way, I recalled a bad mid week night at SB against..I think Sunderland,,

Memory tells me it was Speedie sent off for a terrible tackle on ,,again maybe memory fog..Clive Walker...distasteful scenes and a fan on the pitch...terrible taste in the mouth as it were...the ugly side of the game in the raw.

The following weekend at SB,,abysmal crowd numbers, the real fans, comment from fellow Chelsea mate...:"Where are all the loudmouths from Wednesday?" Where? indeed.

It's always the entitled and befuddled who cause the problems and blame everyone but themselves. Although I hate to say it decent real Liverpool (and every club) fans understand the reality but get shouted down or don't want the unpleasant reaction if they try to balance an argument.

This, right?

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2021/3/4/22311735/on-this-day-4-march-1985-sunderland-off-to-wembley-after-night-of-violence-at-stamford-bridge

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Yep...well done mate...All our 'istory wasn't good..... it was all on front of me as the Co I worked for had really good "guest" tickets that I got a fair share of,

I was on ‘the benches’ for that one - and for the record stayed on them. 

Walker scored for Sunderland that night, a fact he was reminded of when many years later he played for Woking and we played them in one of the non-league cups, still couldn’t keep up with him and he was 40+ at that time - so had to give him a kick as an equaliser.  “Why’d you do that”? Cause you scored for Sunderland in the semi was the reply.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, east lower said:

I was on ‘the benches’ for that one - and for the record stayed on them. 

Walker scored for Sunderland that night, a fact he was reminded of when many years later he played for Woking and we played them in one of the non-league cups, still couldn’t keep up with him and he was 40+ at that time - so had to give him a kick as an equaliser.  “Why’d you do that”? Cause you scored for Sunderland in the semi was the reply.

That is brilliant!....my memory says Speedie did the deed on the night but am I OG fuzzying?

3 minutes ago, chara said:

That is brilliant!....my memory says Speedie did the deed on the night but am I OG fuzzying?

I genuinely can’t remember, although it would have been typical of Speedie. Spiky little ******, but a great partner for Dixon - did all his running for him.

I can remember the trouble though, horses and dogs if I recall brought back some order.

4 hours ago, ROTG said:

These days it would be horses, dogs and animal protesters bring more chaos. 

The animal protesters would be there to stop the use of the dogs and the horses for the control.

In fact back in that day the perfect place for ‘Stop The Oil’ types would have been at matches - they’d  have been given a great ‘reception’ and shall we say moved on in an appropriate fashion.