Tottenham Hotspur 1 Chelsea 4

JaneB

Being honest, have to agree the performance when spurs were down to ten and especially nine men was worrying, we definitely got away with it with Diers disallowed goal and Son’s chance, could’ve been an embarrassing result. Having said that, look we beat spurs 4-1 and our striker got a hatrick, just gotta smile for once and be happy with that. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

But they didn't have 11 over 90 minutes. We won the penalty for 1-1 when it was 11 v 11 and the game was quite even at that point 

Maybe I’m just not making myself clear so I’ll try again.

If we were 11 v 11 for 90 mins in my opinion we would have been given an absolute hiding. 

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Maybe I’m just not making myself clear so I’ll try again.

If we were 11 v 11 for 90 mins in my opinion we would have been given an absolute hiding. 

Of course. You thought that before a ball was kicked. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

The sky pundits making some good points. You just don't prepare or ever play against a 9, particularly a 9 who play like that

The problem is Paul we were making similar mistakes as in other games. Misplacing passes, making silly fouls, losing confidence. Yes there are particular actions needed but some familiar themes. I think a lot of that comes from confidence.

What a game for the neutral though!

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

The problem is Paul we were making similar mistakes as in other games. Misplacing passes, making silly fouls, losing confidence. Yes there are particular actions needed but some familiar themes. I think a lot of that comes from confidence.

What a game for the neutral though!

Yes, lots of nativity 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

11 v 11 we get an absolute hiding. 

We were on top from the Udogie two footed challenge onwards.  We were inches away from being 2 or 3-1 up.  Then we equalised. 

The game had already changed. We sussed out the high line and Sterling was having the right back on toast. 

26 minutes ago, Bison said:

Never experienced a 4-1 win feeling like a defeat. Awful, brain dead football. We are a million miles away. 

Jesus.  This forum is a joke. 

Edited by Ham
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As much as we have ragged the players for their innate lack of football intelligence they really did get three really good goals where they actually learned on the job what to do so kudos for that. 

And, and this is the big one 

We put four past Spurs away, pissed on their chips saw two of their players sent off and another two crocked which will totally derail their season. 

Got to be a good thing eh? 

All very good points. 
….but Spurs could have got a result with 9 men.  That would have been stuff of nightmares. 
City next, but who knows . We are taking points off of the top 4 teams . 

• Agree 1

Very weird game.

• Pretty sure on one thing, Spurs will finish 20-25 points ahead of us.

Other obvious facts:

• On those chances a top CF would have 4.
  • Spurs are still wound up about beating us to the point of losing control.
  • Sanchez was the match winner with that late save from Son.  2-2 then and it finishes 2-2.
  • Colwill had a game to forget.  Look for a picture of a defender turning away from a shot and showing 26 on his back - not many in blue.
  • Posteglue is due a serious drubbing for that game - never mind the 2 Reds the high line was quite suicidal.  looks a crap manager to me
  • Not just 2 totally unnecessary Red cards, a totally unnecessary Penalty
  • I don't want to imagine a second half where we were actually losing till the 74th min
  • Nevermind Poch having a go at the performance - someone seriously has to question our tactics and inability to beat the high line.
  • Any of the bottom 5 teams would have gone ahead earlier and won by more if Spurs had played that high line with 10 men

15 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

VAR is destroying the game as we know it.

Just the opposite - compare the 2016 game with Clattenberg.  Just imagine how he would have reffed this game then - well in fact we know full well - Zero Red cards (well 1 red for James).

I thought the ref had a great game.  James's non-Red almost matches Romereo's non-Red.  There was a lot of falling over late on by Spurs to get the free kick which was their best route to goals, mostly waved on by the ref.  The second yellow was a tough call well made.  And i think all the offsides were correct calls  (if you play offside like Sterling and Jackson did there will be a lot of those).

16 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

3 points yes……but I hope Poch rips into them after this. This 2nd half has been dreadful and awful game management and stupidity.

See above - Poch rips into them or Silva and senior pros rip into Poch.  The High line made Spurs extremely vulnerable.  The high line of our front 3 let them off the hook.  The goals were precisely the say to beat the trap, yet we tried attacks from deeper runs only 4 or 5 times in the game.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

We have the better players in a lot of positions and have spent far more money. 

Not surprising we will dominate some areas with the talent we have.

But I also feel we would have lost this game if it was 11 vs 11. Only Spurs ill discipline cost them.

Yes.  On points we gain.  On an honest assessment, this was poor by us.  I think we can cross off bad luck and referees now from our list of excuses for the season.

If one is looking for a positive viewpoint I guess one says that we physically dominated them and Spurs really did not like that and over reacted.  We do have a lot of tough guys in our midfield, add two very tough FBs today.

• Like 3