Tottenham Hotspur 1 Chelsea 4

JaneB

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

It just feels like he doesn't even really try to run past people. He runs into them and gives the foul away so often.

I wanna just see him boot it down the line and really show off his pace - it feels like he's holding back sometimes.

I actually think his ball striking is better than his close control which needs a bit of work.

Not always an easy thing to do in fairness, particularly the higher up the pitch you go. When he does have space in behind and requires a ball in behind we're often guilty of ignoring the situation, or not getting the pass right altogether.

He's also just coming back from a knock, so I don't know how much impact that's had on maybe really giving it 100%. 

That said, and I've said this before, he's far better starting and looks a lot more comfortable doing so. While I like Palmer and was a big advocate for his signing, the negative of him on the right is his lack of pace and always having to turn back or cut inside. Would be nice having speed in both wide areas that can stretch play, which for me benefits those through the middle that little bit more.

Spurs have a back 7.  We have 4 players off side.
Cucurella the only one with any common sense and running towards the offside line from his own half.

Spurs so vulnerable, us so blunt.

image.thumb.png.b099949b06c3b0a035c7729b215e0461.png

Edited by Dwmh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, chara said:

No down for me...having watched Chelsea drop points foolishly and unluckily I'll take a humiliating..in the circumstances defeat of Spurs...let their fans brag about how brave they were and how proud they are..I'll take 4-1 and three points with a finger up!

Me too. 

That is the football we want. I really like the way we played today. We were competitive. It was an amazing game. It was difficult for us to control the game, too many mistakes in possession. The defensive line was so high and we didn’t have the patience to find the right ball. 

Poch really liked the fact we made too many mistakes in possession and didn't have the patience to find the right ball?

I really liked the fact we won 4-1 but didn't enjoy us being sloppy and unintelligent when we had a huge numerical advantage.

Edited by Backbiter

14 hours ago, Dwmh said:

While you remind me of a defence solicitor who knows everything about justice but nothing about the law and even less about the judge.  There is only one person's world in which you are useful.

Well as a wise person said - 'I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy'.

2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

First half of that game was basically a punch up…good times.

Interesting read up there. The writer comments about arsenals title challenge withering but if memory serves didn’t they win the title that season?

6 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Hat trick. Sure, against 9  but still.  

I'll hold my hands up, he took his goals well. My issue with him, however, isn't these 90% probability goals, it's the lower probability ones - he just doesn't convert enough of them. Examples from \last night are the easy header right in front of goal, the 2 missed chances set up by Mudryk.

Might just be an unlucky run, but he needs to score more of these to instill confidence in everyone (including himself). Hope he uses this hat trick to go on a streak!

6 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Can anyone explain how Mudryk can consistently play so badly coming off the bench?

I am trying to be positive - happy for Poch and the lads - but Mudryk is so frustrating!!!

It's because he is genuinely one of the dumbest players we have ever seen play the game. If you watch any youth football you see youngsters with far better game understanding and how to utilise their abilities.

• Agree 1

What an absolutely bonkers game. We've done really well against the better teams so far - could've won at Liverpool, should've won at Arsenal and now we've won at Spurs. 

I don't think anyone gave us much of a chance against Spurs tonight but we got a fantastic 3 points - hope the same happens against City!

• Like 1

I can't understand the praise for Spurs' high line - it was suicidal football after going down to 9 men. Most of the praise has stemmed from how close Spurs came to equalising despite being down to 9 (Dier's offside goal, Son's chance at 2-1), but that was more down to our inability and poor game management.

A better team than us would have destroyed them and put the game to bed much earlier than we did; surely it would have been described as naive, at best? 

Edited by SideshowLuiz
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Bison said:

It's because he is genuinely one of the dumbest players we have ever seen play the game. If you watch any youth football you see youngsters with far better game understanding and how to utilise their abilities.

I reckon he is bamboozled  by tactics.He is a young lad that needs direction.

Maybe as a player like Sterling he should play right wing like robben as opposed to left wing like Sterling.

They are both very good at cutting inside like robben to score goals with their natural foot.

So much negativity on here after a 4-1 away against an unbeaten Spurs side… come on guys, just enjoy the win!

I was getting frustrated with our struggles to break 9 men down, but we did and once we did, we got a couple more as well! Ultimately, it’s a great result.

Spurs went all Spursy and completely imploded in spectacular style, even though we’re the far less experienced side. It’s hilarious! Then they continued to play a suicidal high line…. Bonkers.

Jackson hat trick, Palmer continuing to be our best player and no brain farts from the keeper… happy days!

Perfect performance? No. Win against Spurs away? Yes. Very happy!

The first 10/15 mins were horrific though, they came flying out and played at a pace we just could not live with and had it stayed like that, would have been a very long night, however, after the first red that wasn’t given, it seemed to wake us up and we started to get back into the game and probably deserved to draw level.

We’ll never know how it would have finished 11v11, but that isn’t for us to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I reckon he is bamboozled  by tactics.He is a young lad that needs direction.

Maybe as a player like Sterling he should play right wing like robben as opposed to left wing like Sterling.

They are both very good at cutting inside like robben to score goals with their natural foot.

Looks like he's bamboozled by a lot of things. It doesn't look like there's much going on upstairs based on his actions on the pitch and some of the stuff he's done off the pitch (taking unflattering picture of strangers in the gym and sharing on social media for instance).

He looks exactly the same as he did for most of last season. For every 10 actions you're lucky to get more than one positive contribution. 9/10 he is running the ball out of play, running into a defender, first touch leading him into a 50-50 tackle which he invariably loses and you can go on.

He is as bad as it gets at this level. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bison said:

Looks like he's bamboozled by a lot of things. It doesn't look like there's much going on upstairs based on his actions on the pitch and some of the stuff he's done off the pitch (taking unflattering picture of strangers in the gym and sharing on social media for instance).

He looks exactly the same as he did for most of last season. For every 10 actions you're lucky to get more than one positive contribution. 9/10 he is running the ball out of play, running into a defender, first touch leading him into a 50-50 tackle which he invariably loses and you can go on.

I see what you mean and you are right of course.I try to see any positive in a player.

21 minutes ago, Bison said:

I completely get where you're coming from, and I said the same thing about him a month ago. However, he's had a lot more of those positive contributions this season; he'd have a few more assists to his name if our squad had more productive finishers.

Worth remembering he's only played 400 minutes of football this season (around 4.5 games), and scored 2 and won a pen against Arsenal. In addition to those chances he's creating, that's satisfactory output for me to outweigh the negatives.

Edited by SideshowLuiz
  • Like 1