Tottenham Hotspur 1 Chelsea 4

JaneB

I have to say - we started the game terribly but these last 25 or so minutes we've been really good IMO.

Lads have got stuck in - kept our heads enough and showed glimses of real quality.

Palmer literally has not put a foot wrong - been absolutely outstanding.

We should be winning this game now. However sod's law Son will be coming up with an 88th minute winner.

Hope Mudryk can come on and show something as it is the perfect game for him.

Come on boys! We can win this.

Also Maddison getting injured - warned all season that this would happen at some point.

Yes he has been great but that is the downside of signing him. Always injured.

2 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

Maybe replace Colwell in case he sees red. 

Definitely replace Colwill. He has been a liability so far and is obviously a loose cannon to react so petulantly to a relatively minor provocation.

• Agree 2

Spurs trying to make us win I think - maybe they took a look at the match odds and thought - why not

Romerio twice committing Red card offences, quite deliberately,
Colwill all wound up for a Red and a Spurs player actually keeps him away from Sarr (not sure what Sarr did to get booked, Jackson and Colwill deserved theirs).
If we set the first Romereo incident off against the almost h/t James one the ref, with VAR help, has got pretty much everything right - well done.  Refs can be more biased these days with VAR, but we will never see a Clattenberg performance again.

But most stupid by Spurs is the high line against Jackson and Sterling - plain stupidity.  Don't the have match scouts that know we can't threaten a deep defence?
I guess Mudryk comes on (who is so fast he starts in our half and is never offside) and they revert to a deep defence.

50 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Colwill shouldn’t have been turning his back there, that’s poor.

We’re in trouble here folks.

I don't think forwards have seen the No 26 before just after they shoot.  He was actually holding his jockstrap before the shot then turned.

4 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Cold bath for Colwill I think

1 minute ago, Blue Orca said:

Maybe replace Colwell in case he sees red. 

Indeed, I'd be very surprised if he is allowed back on by Poch.

Great penalty - hit it hard enough that the keeper can't save it (not too happy that a Spurs keeper looks this good though).

9 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

James just jumped with his arm up and no swing. It shouldn't have been a yellow. Romero didn't even get a yellow for his kick out!

Had a look, knew what he was doing, it only takes VAR to tell the ref to go view it which would imply he should go. We need to keep our heads and get 3 points, we have City next week; 1 point isn't enough.

• Like 1

We look so utterly brainless! They have more or less gifted us this game with their indiscipline and their failure to move away from their high defensive line having gone a man down, but so far we have lacked the wit to take advantage of the situation. I suspect half time will give them a chance to change their defensive tactics and we will have passed up this golden opportunity.

The commentary team will be delighted if we don't win this. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Get Mudryk on against this high line, please!

We have to go on and win this now.

Our players need to control their emotions and play their football, don’t get drawn into anything as Spurs are going to try and get us a player sent off.

Long way to go.

Yep, Mudryk doesn't only get in behind but with his pace he's able to come central and run direct on goal.

1 minute ago, RDCW said:

We look so utterly brainless! They have more or less gifted us this game with their indiscipline and their failure to move away from their high defensive line having gone a man down, but so far we have lacked the wit to take advantage of the situation. I suspect half time will give them a chance to change their defensive tactics and we will have passed up this golden opportunity.

The commentary team will be delighted if we don't win this. 

As will the entire media and world of football.