JaneB

Matchday prediction  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/23 at 14:30

56 minutes ago, Original 21 said:
58 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I'm expecting some favours from Taylor this half.

Good luck with that.

95th min pen - does that count.

Quite happy with the reffing today - most of was right, the rest was balanced rather than bias.
Only thing that annoyed me today was the two footed challenge on Broja for the penalty.  At the very least that should have been reviewed for a Red by VAR.

Cole Palmer getting booked for roughing up the penalty spot H1, and then having to take one from the same sport H2 - thats irony.

Helluva a game to be moaning about the ref to my mind.

44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It should be a penalty as he was pushed twice as he was in on goal. 

If this is the incident I recall the foul or fouls were outside the box.  Playing on was the right decision but the should have been a booking - plenty of opportunities for booking were missed on both sides.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Credit to Pochettino, finally a game where he's not set the side up in a cowardly manner. 

On days like this you can see that we're going to be a decent side eventually. 

Yes.  Taking off Fernandez for Mudryk at 3-2 was brave and we scored soon after.  Then taking off Caicedo for Broja was very brave,and work.  Arguably we could have gone for a win but I'll accept Big Les for Jackson as discretion.

Was this a good weeks coaching or was this what happens when players who have vastly underperformed both price and ability get to play a big team and make an effort.
Not sure myself, but my h/t comment still applies, they all upped their game and I treat that as more a tribute to Pep than to Poch.

The key question is do they play like this against Brighton, Everton and Sheff U in games 2, 4 & 5 of forthcoming fixtures.
Doing it against Newcastle and Man U just confirms that the players are making an effort.

Just now, martin1905 said:

I take bake everything I've said.

Best we have played in years and years.

Absolutely should have beaten them, undeniably the better team.

Fucking brilliant performance from everyone, especially the manager.

UTC. 🍻🍻🍻🍻

I thought you'd be upset because we didn't win 4-0

• Haha 1

Just now, Dwmh said:

I thought you'd be upset because we didn't win 4-0.

Yo be fair I predicted we'd win, I very much thought we'd get something out of the game and that's because for all my criticism we have been very good in the big games.

We didn't win but I'd take that performance above a win with a lesser performance.

It was magical.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

Great game and one in which we fully deserved at least a point.

For me, what's even  better than the result and performance is knowing that over the next few years there's still so much room for improvement with this team/squad, whereas City are already about as good as they can be.🙂

Just need to get over this low block allergy. Then the World is our oyster. Even if we don't get into the CL by then, we have the 2025 Club World tournament to look forward to. 

Sky just said 2m43s elapsed between our pen being awarded and Palmer taking it. Then there was the Sterling scything foul and yellow that led to another long delay. But Taylor blew up with us in a position to counter after adding only 2 mins to the 8 that went up on the board. Explains why Poch was raging at the end 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

So pleased with that performance today, it’s been so long since I came away from a Chelsea match really proud and full of confidence for the future. It felt different today than it has for a while. I think, and whisper it quietly, we’re going to be ok.

Credit to Poch, he’s slowly turning this set of players into a proper side.

We will still have our down and frustrating days, but enough signs in this tough run of games that we’re going in the right direction. The Brentford result is incredibly annoying though.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So pleased with that performance today, it’s been so long since I came away from a Chelsea match really proud and full of confidence for the future. It felt different today than it has for a while. I think, and whisper it quietly, we’re going to be ok.

We will still have our down and frustrating days, but enough signs in this tough run of games that we’re going in the right direction. The Brentford result is incredibly annoying though.

It's reminiscent of the TT performances in the CL when we won; in those games, I rarely felt good about our chances going into the games, but we never looked like losing. It's definitely not there yet with this team (we have a bad habit of going behind first), but there is a resilience and bravery that's been too long absent. 

This will only do good things for our confidence, and I hope we continue to build on these performances.

Edited by SideshowLuiz
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Sky just said 2m43s elapsed between our pen being awarded and Palmer taking it. Then there was the Sterling scything foul and yellow that led to another long delay. But Taylor blew up with us in a position to counter after adding only 2 mins to the 8 that went up on the board. Explains why Poch was raging at the end 

There is a reason though. 

Because Chelsea 

24 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

While every team has to respect the quality of City, for far too long we've been going out to play them filled with the fear of being on the end of a thrashing, but not today! Along with no fear the lads never gave up which  is another positive to take from today. Much better atmosphere too btw.

• Agree 2

Everyone is talking “how exciting is to watch Chelsea games”. We are showing signs of brilliance, I guess Todd is finally in a happy place, if he manages to pull this project off, we all would need to apologize dragging his name through the mud. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Definitely does seem like we’ve turned the corner from an attacking point of view, brave football as well. Defensively at least two of their goals were a complete mess if we’re being honest, marking non existent at times, so that’s the area we really need to work on. 

If you think defensive drills are what this squad needs to work on you need a head wobble. Our issue for the last half a decade has been scoring goals while we Wenger it up in the final third.

Lucky to still be alive after this, good job I don't have a heart condition, I went through every emotion possible during this game, and I am immensely proud of the players  for their efforts, their heads never dropped after a setback.  Cole Palmer, what a player, absolutely different class., though all the players were excellent today.  The ref was a joke, if he's the best the PL has to offer,  what does that say about the standards of refereeing?  How was that dirty cheat Walker not booked?  And finally, I hope this also shuts up that stupid old fart Harry Redknapp, who belittles us again in his puerile column with his usual nonsensical piffle, his teams wouldn't have got anything from this game.