JaneB

Matchday prediction  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/23 at 14:30

So glad we got the penalty at the end as we really did not deserve to lose that game.

I reckon if the teams had swapped strikers before kickoff we would have won at a canter. City without KdB depends entirely on Haaland to avoid being an average side.

Perhaps we should ask every team we face that they wear light blue shirts as it seems to be the one thing that motivates Sterling.

Edited by Holymoly
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, johnnybozo said:

If you think defensive drills are what this squad needs to work on you need a head wobble. Our issue for the last half a decade has been scoring goals while we Wenger it up in the final third.

I agree with Floyd about the defence.

Of course, all teams, even the very best, give away sloppy goals, but it's the amount of them that we're giving away which has become a problem. We are giving away goals due to simple lapses of concentration and poor marking. Good thing is these problems should be fixed as time goes by.

Agree with your second point.

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Imagine this team with a fully fit James-Chilwell and Nkunku. We are going to tear this league apart. 

Very pleasing signs of real progress and hope for the future but let's not get too carried away too quickly. Let's be patient and accept there remains a lot of work to do before we get back to where we want to be and there will be still be lots of ups and downs along the way. 

All I wanted from this season is to see that real progress and hope for the future, so I'm well happy with the way things are starting to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, imperialblue_eyes said:

Hmmm. Good comebacks by Chelsea. The first penalty never was one (even over on the RefChat forum they say so).

Disappointed that we didn't take 3 points but the positive is that we've stood toe to toe with the Scousers, Arse, Spuds and City and none of them have beaten us.

It augurs well for the future.

Big H had already gone to ground  in his mind once  Cucu grabbed his shirt,,,straight down the second he could..far too quick but an easy con,,,like a believable lie there has to be something believable in the picture.

Just a comment...part of the game by Big H but Citeh looked disgraceful arguing the penalty or rather causing as much disruption as possible..old Pro Walker did just that.

Conor had the space for his shot because Mudryk took three players out of the mix before the lay off..

BUT,,fantastic result and performance...last weeks game was against the League Leaders  (I think) going into the weeked,,,same this week,,,and four points that seemed impossible just a short while back.

Citeh came to SB to win the game which made it such a spectacle...unlike the sides that come to SB and start of with a point they intend to keep with plan B to get a lucky break.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Just seen the goals. A soft penalty and a big deflection for them

Good character to come back 3 times

2nd game in a row that we've conceded an outrageously unlucky deflected goal.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

2nd game in a row that we've conceded an outrageously unlucky deflected goal.  

Don't think Sanchez was going to save that shot anyway, even though he had committed himself already.  
Which is why I don't think Carragher was right to blame Silva for putting his foot in the way.  No silverfoot and it is a rocket. 

31 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Don't think Sanchez was going to save that shot anyway, even though he had committed himself already.  

Incredibile supposition. We'll never know. The ball still had a way to travel so difficult to pin point (without hawkeye) exactly where it would have ended up 

Great performance today, could easily have won, almost lost, so a point is a decent result. It’s the performance that’s so encouraging though, we really gave as good as we got against City today and the whole team looked very good.

If we can continue to improve we might have a shot at a cup and let’s see where we get in the league. I think we will still have a lot of frustrating games against the teams that stick everyone behind the ball, so won’t get too carried away just yet.

How frustrating is that Brentford result though, we’ve played well in this current run of games and they were the least worthy of getting the points. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Perhaps a few on here will finally admit that they got it badly wrong in criticising TBSD in relation to recruitment.

Injuries was the killer for us. As options come back, we look better.

I hate to say I told you so about this squad but I told you so. 

I have to admit I never saw this performance coming! I had it as a draw on the prediction poll but 60% thought we would lose , which I did find a bit surprising . I know it was City but nevertheless a home tie on the back of the Spurs win should have seen a bit more optimism. 

But make no mistake , this was head and shoulders above anything else this season. Normally I struggle to pick the players who had performed well, but today it was tough to find anyone who didn’t. Right from the keeper through to Jackson was an 8/10. And we were fearless too. ..Poch got it spot on.  And we were direct when we needed to be. My pet hate of playing every move out from the back was set aside for a more unpredictable approach. Our second goal came about after Sanchez launched it upfield in the general direction of Chelsea players . 

And as you say , our injuries are starting to heal, together with our painful lack of confidence. I’m slowly leaning to love some of these players. They haven’t made it easy tbh and there’s always a chance that this was a one off, but I think this could be a very significant performance in our season. Sadly I think we have  blown top 4 already. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ham said:

Perhaps a few on here will finally admit that they got it badly wrong in criticising TBSD in relation to recruitment.

What are you saying the recruitment has produced a team capable of 10th in the PL

5 hours ago, johnnybozo said:

If you think defensive drills are what this squad needs to work on you need a head wobble. Our issue for the last half a decade has been scoring goals while we Wenger it up in the final third.

Sure, but this has been improving as of late, two against Arsenal, four against spurs, 4 against City, you honestly don’t think the defence is a concern? Leaving opponents with free headers, no marking etc… 

4 hours ago, Ham said:

If we can start winning games against teams we dominate and not lose to the likes of Brentford, aside from just looking good against bigger teams then I’ll be happy to eat my words.