JaneB

Matchday prediction  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Manchester City win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/11/23 at 14:30

23 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

Itโ€™s also that.ย 

I mean refs should use some common sense and ref the game fairly. There are players on the ground, debatable foul against Chelsea players, the Cucu foul is debatble itself too and then Haaland is not even getting to the ball anyway!

Shocking decision

• Agree 1

Just now, Bones said:

I mean refs should use some common sense and ref the game fairly. There are players on the ground, debatable foul against Chelsea players, the Cucu foul is debatble itself too and then Haaland is not even getting to the ball anyway!

Shocking decision

All we've come to expect from this ref and VAR.

• Sad 1

What I take from that half is that we can go toe to toe with City. We should have beaten Arsenal and we beat Spurs and we should be 2-1 but for Taylor.ย 
we have blended nice intimate passing with energy and an occasional hopeful long ball. Apart from second goal we have defended very well.ย 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Considering that the narrative from the commentator appears to be that it's aย 

Rolls Royce versus a roller skate I think we are playing well, I'd like to seeย  some more support for Cucurella who's being left to mark two players all the timeย  but quite satisfied when we've received our usual "Chelsea" refereeing.ย 

5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

So someone pulls Cucus hair so hard heโ€™s nearly scalped , but when ย and him and Halland engage in some mutual shirt tugging ( instigated by Halland) itโ€™s a City pen. My piss is boiling.ย 

It's OK, it's because it was a penalty given on the pitch so it has to be clear and obvious to overrule it.ย 

The fact thatย  whilst they were showing the replay you can clearly see that Taylor isn't looking at Haaland, Cucurella or the ball at all doesn't enter into it.ย 

Edited by Mark Kelly

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's OK, it's because it was a penalty given on the pitch so it has to be clear and obvious to overrule it.ย 

The fact thatย  whilst they were showing the replay you can clearly see that Taylor isn't looking at Haaland, Cucurella or the ball at all doesn't enter into it.ย 

WhatsAppImage2023-11-12at17_30.33_ec6fab94.thumb.jpg.217bc86ea5ae0a914baa6d4cb4bb008e.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The fact whilst they were showing the replay you can clearly see that Taylor wasn't looking at Haaland, Cucurella or the ball at all.ย 

When Jamie plum in the mouth Carragher says โ€œthis pen isnโ€™t rightโ€ you know whatโ€™s going on.ย 

Helluva a game.
Every player except Gallagher has really raised their game to the max first half (Gallagher always plays like that).
Which is kind of good, but more a tribute to Pep than Poch.

Penalty - probably fair enough, and for Silva's goal the ref/VAR turned a blind eye to some pulling by both Cucurella and Palmer.ย  On balance one or no goals each is fair.

What I want to see again is the foul on Gallagher that left him on the ground and VAR seem to have ignored.ย  Sky don't want to show that.

Hugely impressed by the Corner routine first time in ages we have had a clear plan.ย  The standard Gallagher pen goes high to far post, and Silva was lined up ready for it, but since he knew the routing he made a different run, Palmer and Cucurella's role was clearly pre-planned too.ย  No Heading threat was anywhere near the near post as the ball was kicked.
My honest interpretation is that the departure of Barry has allowed some proper planning to take place.ย  (Or maybe the players post Spurs decided to put in some extra training).ย  James free-kick also looked like he has been practicing free-kicks again - perhaps as his injury fades.

14 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Heโ€™s an elite shot stopper. That canโ€™t be argued. His issues are with the ball at his feet.ย 

Sanchez has been excellent and Long Ball football is now a thing for us!!
Perhaps because we have such a high preference for playing it about that only City can press us high enough to trigger plan B.

Sanchez kicked 2 balls straight into touch, but I'm happy with that given the potential cost of playing it short.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mind the lino should certainly have given his input.

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

When Jamie plum in the mouth Carragher says โ€œthis pen isnโ€™t rightโ€ you know whatโ€™s going on.ย 

Sturridge just said he didn't think it was either, he was quickly shouted down by Dave Jones for going against the narrative but at least he said somethingย