JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

At least if we don't make Europe this season, should genuinely make it easier to get into it next season. Genuine point. I would rather not make the Europa League - or make it into the CL.

We’re not making both. Even without europe this season one would expect us to at least  look like a cohesive team with the extra training.

We can’t even beat teams who play in Europe 

Edited by Miguelito07
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

You can talk about tactics and coaching until the cows come home but individual mistakes and pure stupidity cost us. At half time the game was there for the taking but we crumbled, giving away stupid foul after stupid foul 

Not just that. For some reason we were second to every 50/50 and more worryingly, to some 60/40s too. 

I hope we haven't got a squad that doesn't like cold Tuesday nights in Stoke. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not just that. For some reason we were second to every 50/50 and more worryingly, to some 60/40s too. 

I hope we haven't got a squad that doesn't like cold Tuesday nights in Stoke. 

Crap narrative.  Stoke regularly get stuffed in London, whatever the weather

• Haha 1

So so poor today.  The whole team. 

Just when you think we’re making some strides forward we go and get trounced by Newcastle. 

We didn’t lay a glove on them, which is the most disappointing thing.  At least in our other losses this season we’ve dominated the game, created chances etc and simply struggled to score.   But Newcastle coped with us so easily today.  

I know it’s not really about singling out individuals but what was Reece thinking?  What was Sanchez doing on set pieces?  Why did Poch play Badiashille AND Ugochukwu away to Newcastle when they both clearly lack match sharpness?!  When is Enzo going to make a difference at at least one end of the pitch?  Cucerella over Colwill in this sort of game?? 

So many questions…. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

So were Caicedo, Colwill and Disasi all injured or “rested”?  I mean, that’s pretty much the heart of our defence that Poch left out there. 

Any other top sides leave out their regular starters after the break? Or just us?  

Edited by Original 21

Still trying to see an "identity" with  this squad...I know it's early days but as an easy example..not as a comparision of squads... but the JT era group had a constant identity regardless of any game result.

An impression of "shape shifters" keeps coming up.... 

Due to weather related issues..snow and a temp of -20 C  first thing I had to leave the game just after half time and decided to wait until the end before getting the score and watching the rest of the game in full rather than in bits.

So any impressions are not filled out but Palmer looked off..Jackson short of doing the job and a general air of,,as I watched...if Chelsea had scored before ht things would have gone their way but a worldie save and missed chances lost that impetus.....oh and two really bad, to my eyes, arm used fouls that should have been better punished.

It;s that "identity:"that is bothering me..I accepted a while back that this season would be up and down with hopefully progress on show,

When SFL and DD joined Chelsea it was possible to see their obvious progress.. over a longer period of time but something about the way things seem on the pitch strikes me as "fragile".

Just possibly too early thoughts but there goes another weekend!

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

The defending against Arsenal, when they finally forced the issue, was pathetic. The defending against 9 man Spurs was pretty poor. The defending against City was weak. Guess how the defending has been today?

We're crap.

Yup

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

No, we are incredibly consistent. What varied in the week before the international break was the results. Everything about the performances, when we turn up, what we can't do to save our lives, is exactly the same every week.

We got v lucky one game.  Next we got one point against a suicide team that wanted all 3 or none.

2 hours ago, east lower said:

But we're a young, inexperienced side - you get games like this. Is this line what will get trotted out again?

If the performance has been as bad as those that have watched it are commentating then the coach needs to start telling a few home truths to a few ofthe players, as well as looking at his part in what sounds like a debacle.

Yeah I think they will keep that line back for a week or so.  Possibly until after the Carabao cup when Newcastle will pick todays bench.

On the coaching - we clearly aren't being coached much.  And certainly not given discipline.
image.thumb.png.e1354f17811e0849c2b48a77fb62461c.png

11 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

On the coaching - we clearly aren't being coached much. 

I have been saying this for weeks and months. I can't see a single thing besides better fitness that Poch has bought to the club.

We're wasting valuable development time.

Same old same old.  Truly awful

Price > Player quality > Player performances  > Team performance > xG (chances) >goals > points earned.

We underperform in so many many different ways all the way from owners via managers, via coaches, players, performances through to the post match coferences.

It is going to be 3 years before we reach top 6 again at this rate and longer before we challenge for a CL place.   
Much of the current squad, like the old squad, will be at bigger clubs than ours and hugely relieved to have got away.
Tom Boehly won't be here in 2 years and probably Clearlake will have exited too.  That is when the next owner can pick up the FFP fines and try to get things moving.  I hope they observe how well Newcastly (7 months ahead of us in time, but a long way behind us in initial squad) have done it.

I don't know what the poison or gypsy curse was that RA left behind, but it is sure powerful voodoo.

Mostly I feel sorry for the players who seem to be putting in an effort.  It feels very much like Lampard non-management.  Maybe we can .........      oh no, it has gone on too long, we no longer have another chance in the CL.
And it is much deeper than just Poch.

The game - we put in a fierce 45 mins against a weakened team with a 17 yo making his 2nd start in CM.
Bench was 3 GKs 4 kids with 2 sub appearances between them  ever and 2 old stagers with no minutes this season.  

So surely Newcastle would crack H2........

When it comes down to it we are not the team we pretend to be.

5 minutes ago, Bison said:

I have been saying this for weeks and months. I can't see a single thing besides better fitness that Poch has bought to the club.

We're wasting valuable development time.

(no coaching)

Poch said he needed the international break to get over the last 2 games!
I didn't see better fitness today either - relative to Newcastle.  Maybe relative to Potter.

At least Sterling has been practicing his free kicks  (on his own)

This team is weak, both physically but more importantly mentally. Most of these players would not walk into our team in the last 20 years. The Chelsea board are incompetent fools who have in short destroyed this club. Let's face it the vast majority of our squad is trash, not fit for Top six let alone make an attempt to win the league. 

36 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Same old same old.  Truly awful

Price > Player quality > Player performances  > Team performance > xG (chances) >goals > points earned.

We underperform in so many many different ways all the way from owners via managers, via coaches, players, performances through to the post match coferences.

It is going to be 3 years before we reach top 6 again at this rate and longer before we challenge for a CL place.   
Much of the current squad, like the old squad, will be at bigger clubs than ours and hugely relieved to have got away.
Tom Boehly won't be here in 2 years and probably Clearlake will have exited too.  That is when the next owner can pick up the FFP fines and try to get things moving.  I hope they observe how well Newcastly (7 months ahead of us in time, but a long way behind us in initial squad) have done it.

I don't know what the poison or gypsy curse was that RA left behind, but it is sure powerful voodoo.

Mostly I feel sorry for the players who seem to be putting in an effort.  It feels very much like Lampard non-management.  Maybe we can .........      oh no, it has gone on too long, we no longer have another chance in the CL.
And it is much deeper than just Poch.

The game - we put in a fierce 45 mins against a weakened team with a 17 yo making his 2nd start in CM.
Bench was 3 GKs 4 kids with 2 sub appearances between them  ever and 2 old stagers with no minutes this season.  

So surely Newcastle would crack H2........

When it comes down to it we are not the team we pretend to be.

(no coaching)

Poch said he needed the international break to get over the last 2 games!
I didn't see better fitness today either - relative to Newcastle.  Maybe relative to Potter.

At least Sterling has been practicing his free kicks  (on his own)

Clearlake are contractually obligated to wait ten years before they sell, so they're definitely be here in two years. 

17 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

I've seen enough, it's time that all Chelsea supporting groups to get together and call for these owners to leave.

How would that work then?

Would you rather have the Glazers or similar or owners who aren't afraid to put their money where their mouths are?

25 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Does Poch know? I mean it’s like he’s just picking teams without any urgency. Today was an absolute shambles and we had Caicedo, Colwill, Mudryk and Disasi “resting” on the bench. Meanwhile we had Badashiele and Ukochugwa, who have barely played all season, in the heart of our defence, away, against Newcastle FFS. And I swear if I see Jackson dawdling about upfront to no effect for the umpteenth time… you’d think the manager would do something.

And those players you expect to turn up, just didn’t. James and Silva, our two most usually reliable defenders, totally out of sorts.  While Palmer and Gallagher came back from international duty and looked like they’d not kicked a ball in months. Sterling had one bright moment then disappeared. Enzo looked lost trying to hold the midfield together on his own. And Cucurella was asleep for the first goal.

You’d think Poch could see the way the wind was blowing at half time, and changed things. Instead he waited until we were 3-1 down before he panicked. 

What the bloody hell is going on at our club? That performance and result just should not be happening. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

One thing is we’re nearly through our „tough period“. After Brighton and Man U it’s Everton, Sheff U, Wolves, Palace, Luton and Fulham in the league. With Nkunku back we should be picking up some points. 
Win against Spurs and draws against Arsenal and City still decent points. We were bound to lose a couple of these big games. Need to translate that onto the smaller sides now. Hopefully the depth of the defeat is a wake up call for everyone.

Edited by Max Fowler
  • Agree 1