JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

41 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Clearlake are contractually obligated to wait ten years before they sell, so they're definitely be here in two years. 

Contracted with whom?  CPO?  Abramovich?  The UK government?
I can't think of a single counterparty possible that would let them run after 2 years.  Most of us will be begging them to go.

Moreover They definitely aren't telling their investor conferences that they are staying for 10 years.  They plan for 25%+ return on investment (and get out quick if that doesn't look feasible). Over 10 years their initial £4.25 billion purchase + investment plan would need to return £39.6 billion to hit that target.  Either that or it requires £1 billion cash withdrawals each and every year.

The only way the plan can work is to turn £4.25bn into £10.4bn with the help of a greedier buyer over 4 years.

7 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

One thing is we’re nearly through our „tough period“. After Brighton and Man U it’s Everton, Sheff U, Wolves, Palace, Luton and Fulham in the league. With Nkunku back we should be picking up some points. 
Win against Spurs and draws against Arsenal and City still decent points. We were bound to lose a couple of these big games. Need to translate that onto the smaller sides now. Hopefully the depth of the defeat is a wake up call for everyone.

Lucky then that we are good against ordinary team then.        Oh...

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

One thing is we’re nearly through our „tough period“. After Brighton and Man U it’s Everton, Sheff U, Wolves, Palace, Luton and Fulham in the league. With Nkunku back we should be picking up some points. 
Win against Spurs and draws against Arsenal and City still decent points. We were bound to lose a couple of these big games. Need to translate that onto the smaller sides now. Hopefully the depth of the defeat is a wake up call for everyone.

Err hello, we are shit against low block teams

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I can't think of a single counterparty possible that would let them run after 2 years.  Most of us will be begging them to go.

From memory, when the UK government brokered the sale of the club Abramovich acquiesced with various provisions, one was the new owners had to promise to invest X amount in the men and ladies team and had to promise not to re-sell the club within ten years if they wouldn't agree then he wouldn't sell the club to them. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

From memory, when the UK government brokered the sale of the club Abramovich acquiesced with various provisions, one was the new owners had to promise to invest X amount in the men and ladies team and had to promise not to re-sell the club within ten years if they wouldn't agree then he wouldn't sell the club to them. 

That was my understanding...off point but as Mark mentioned investment in mens/ladies teams...IF a points deduction or other team related punishments should transpire will the Ladies team be affected in a similar way?  After all it's a Club punishment not a team infraction as in a discipline related fine or so.

I have to disagree with those here who insist on blaming individual players, insisting that they should never be allowed to play for Chelsea again etc etc. The problem isn't individuals as those offenders change every game, it is the group mentality. We are physically weak as a squad and unfortunately we are also mentally weak. Much of this is down to the young age of the group as a whole however, unfortunately it is also due to basic character of those players that is unlikely to alter significantly no matter how old they get.

Experience has shown us over the last 20 years that you need a strong spine. On  that core you can hang your shiney baubles. Eden Hazard was able to operate because he had Cech, Terry, Kante, Lampard and Costa forming the spine of the team. Currently we have no spine and consequently Hazard would have found it very dificult to be effective today.

Until the board decides to do something about reinforcing the moral fiber in the squad by acquiring strong, mentally robust players to create a spine we are doomed to this pergatory of midtable mediocrity.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I have to disagree with those here who insist on blaming individual players, insisting that they should never be allowed to play for Chelsea again etc etc. The problem isn't individuals as those offenders change every game, it is the group mentality. We are physically weak as a squad and unfortunately we are also mentally weak. Much of this is down to the young age of the group as a whole however, unfortunately it is also due to basic character of those players that is unlikely to alter significantly no matter how old they get.

Experience has shown us over the last 20 years that you need a strong spine. On  that core you can hang your shiney baubles. Eden Hazard was able to operate because he had Cech, Terry, Kante, Lampard and Costa forming the spine of the team. Currently we have no spine and consequently Hazard would have found it very dificult to be effective today.

Until the board decides to do something about reinforcing the moral fiber in the squad by acquiring strong, mentally robust players to create a spine we are doomed to this pergatory of midtable mediocrity.

We've spent the money, the plan has not worked. We are caput, finished, fucked. Just accept it.

55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

So all they have to do is to ask Abramovich to let them find better owners.

Is he likely to say "NOOO, you must stay on for the good of Chelsea"?
So the agreement is only a hurdle to a quick exit if the Creamcakes are doing a really good job.

14 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Quite - it is not the players per se, anymore than it was last seasons set of players, the rot goes all the way through.
At every single level there is underperformance.

Price > Player quality > Player performances  > Team performance > xG (chances) >goals > points earned.

The investment was enormous., no complaints there.  The players are very good, if not equal to their price.   The players don't quite perform as well as they could.  The team performs worse that the sum of the players.   The chances created are less than the Team's performance should merit (and chances conceded much more).  We score less than the chances imply, and we get fewer points than both the xPts and the GD implies.  8th on GD, 11= on points gained.

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Moreover They definitely aren't telling their investor conferences that they are staying for 10 years.  They plan for 25%+ return on investment (and get out quick if that doesn't look feasible). Over 10 years their initial £4.25 billion purchase + investment plan would need to return £39.6 billion to hit that target.  Either that or it requires £1 billion cash withdrawals each and every year.

The only way the plan can work is to turn £4.25bn into £10.4bn with the help of a greedier buyer over 4 years.

Lucky then that we are good against ordinary team then.        Oh...

The current losses will be recovered in the redevelopment of SB. With the club having a new home at Earl’s Court. 

22 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We could definitely sneak 5th.

As it stands there is about the same amount of points between the clubs finishing 5th and being in the bottom 3.

Thank heavens there are 3 toilet teams in the PL this season and the toffees 10 point deduction. 

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

We have the funniest fanbase.

Entirely happy with the ownership, squad and management one week, sell the club, replace half the team and sack the coach the next. 

The coach is not the problem, the tools provided are. 

nearly the halfway point of the season, going to be interesting to see comment at the halfway point on how this alleged project for past 12 months is going. 

9 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We’re not challenging for the league for a long time, definitely not while Pep is still at City. We need a patient rebuild, which is hard and for us fans, horrible, but the big spending is likely done now and our windows will go back to ‘normal’. Top half this season is ok (not good, but ok), next season has to be Europe though:

Big spending. Mostly wasted. 

7 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Yup

We got v lucky one game.  Next we got one point against a suicide team that wanted all 3 or none.

Yeah I think they will keep that line back for a week or so.  Possibly until after the Carabao cup when Newcastle will pick todays bench.

On the coaching - we clearly aren't being coached much.  And certainly not given discipline.
image.thumb.png.e1354f17811e0849c2b48a77fb62461c.png

Yep defence has been all over the place and we may have lost to spuds if Dier had scored that easy chance. We are so weak

Been listening to talksh1t and a caller said most of the Chelsea players after the game didn’t even bother to acknowledge the travelling supporters and just went straight down the tunnel. 

Did anyone travel or have contact who went to the game to verify the allegation?

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Not his greatest fan, however he is not far off the mark with his analysis. 

Also loved his pop at Poch. 

Why did 'you love the pop at Poch' when you said 'the coach is not the problem'?.

The coach is most certainly PART of the problem but not the whole problem.I said in the first half that there were gaping holes in midfield and we had a left back playing like a headless chicken(not taking any credit for that because I think most people here thought the same).

What did Poch do at half time....nothing.Poch only reacted when we were 3 - 1 down,granted Silva's mistake was an individual error but our pattern of  play stank.

The reality is no matter who is responsible for the waste of money on players(and a criminal act in my view)Poch looks lost and we should be doing much  better than we have been.For that reason it's time we got rid of him.

Getting thrashed by an injury riddled team should be the last straw imo.

Just now, ROTG said:

Been listening to talksh1t and a caller said most of the Chelsea players after the game didn’t even bother to acknowledge the travelling supporters and just went straight down the tunnel. 

Well it's been confirmed Cucurella did,but that's probably because he needed a lie down after he tried to play as a centre half and left back at the same time.

I watched motd for the first time in a while.There were several cock ups by defenders and goalkeepers pussy footing around that led  to goals against.

Could someone tell me the rationale for a tactic that to me seems suicidal.Many teams are using it which I can't get my head around.

We were always taught to get rid of the ball in the 'danger Zone'.Are goalkeepers told to keep possession and play out from the back?...weird

If we're talking about the percentage game - over time the dangers far outweigh the benefits.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Well it's been confirmed Cucurella did,but that's probably because he needed a lie down after he tried to play as a centre half and left back at the same time.

Cucurella was left badly isolated all game by Sterling. I'm not his biggest fan (and he was at fault for playing everybody on side for Isak's first goal) but he received zero support from Sterling yesterday. No defender could cope with being overloaded like that. 

2 hours ago, Ham said:

We have the funniest fanbase.

Entirely happy with the ownership, squad and management one week, sell the club, replace half the team and sack the coach the next. 

T'was always thus Ham!

Had to make a reality check and ask myself about my Club loyalty,

I have followed Chelsea for a long long time...not because they are the best side at any time or because of trophies and titles...because they are MY team...simple really...good times,great times and bad times.

This is a Forum for the faithful to vent.argue debate and share the good and the bad times.

I watch Chelsea with raw emotions and commitment,,to watch football as a game played well/badly I go elsewhere...followed Leicester when they won the Prem...not because I wanted them to win anything but I enjoyed watching them without the emotional involvement,same for Citeh now...win or lose no deflation or exhilaration  just hope to enjoy the football....watch less football now than I used to for various reasons,,,probably dislike too many clubs now in their present incarnation..who knows.

My point...it's hard but we all need to keep grounded..it's OUR Chelsea regardless of the present setup....glory hunters or real fans?....This too shall pass.

Blue IS the colour..................

• Like 1