JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I just tormented myself and watched the highlights. 

We are simply dreadful at both ends of the pitch with nothing in midfield. 

Poch out. He's a fraud. Oh and a coward. 

It could be worse:

Our local team here were to play a crucial qualification for play off on home ground last evening and a hope for Elite Division next season.

But "someone" in the club had forgotten to turn on the heating under the artificial grass on the pitch (everyone knew it was cold, freezing temperature). 

When the teams, fans and refs arrived to the match, the ref had to cancel it, with the consequence that the away team was handed a walk over victory.

This means our local team has to play another season in "championship".

Edited by asvaberg
  • Confused 1

Only seen the highlights. Such a disappointment. I think our form is as confusing to the rest of the country as it is to ourselves. 

But two things I noticed in our conceded goals…we were again dicking around at the back when Silva miskicked . If you miskick on edge of own box the result can catastrophic. It should have been a simple side foot back to Sanchez for him to launch. Yet another goal that the oppo needed  to do nothing other than look busy. 
The other goal ( if I remember correctly) was Sanchez attempting a medium length lazor guided ball to a player inside our own half. Not for the first time it went wrong and within 15 seconds it was in the back of our own net.  The Last match a full bodied launch by Sanchez into our oppos half resulted in a goal for us. This week , Sanchez trying to be a clever outfield player caused the opposite. I’m sick of it, absolutely sick of it. You don’t have to be clever to score against us, just patient. 

• Agree 3

What is most worrying is that we're not even talking big tactics here. Simple everyday football was lacking throughout the team.  How many touches do you need to pick a pass when your team is on the move? For us, it's countless. 

With every extra touch, your options narrow.  We've done that all season. And if Sterling wasn't fouled for our goal, he might have touched the ball a few more times till he gets blocked. We come back next match and repeat the same stuff. 

• Agree 3

@NoblyBobly

One of the biggest changes in the game is the amazing advances with pitch surface treatment.....the "dicking about" at the back and the seemingly obligatory keeper as a lynch pin of an attack is only possible because of the playing surface...go back a way and look at some of the penalty areas ,,extremes being WHL/Wembley semi and final. 

Impossible to knock the ball between players back then...I'm all for playing out from the back but like any option it should be that,an option, not some built in automatic play.

The danger of a long wellie out under pressure seems less than a mistake,stumble or unnecessary pressure on a keeper/defender in a dangerous position. 

Seems I saw the best of the game in the first half but before the last three games most of us would have snatched at 4 points out of the nine available.... two tough away games and a tough home game.

This is such a young squad, only Silva and Raheem can be called experienced pros..James may be in comparision but not by EPL standards,,Chilwell is not available and suffers from a lot of missed games,,as does James... over the past seasons.

I blame the "Owners" less than the so called experts appointed,,albeit by the Owners but I wonder who advised them on the appointments?...GP a classic example of best shop window display revealed as tat under a closer look.

3 minutes ago, chara said:

One of the biggest changes in the game is the amazing advances with pitch surface treatment.....the "dicking about" at the back and the seemingly obligatory keeper as a lynch pin of an attack is only possible because of the playing surface...go back a way and look at some of the penalty areas ,,extremes being WHL/Wembley semi and final. 

Very good point.  
Not just the goal areas.  Makes you wonder how any of the players could pass it about

• Thanks 2

Did anyone else notice that every time Newcastle got a free kick, no matter where on the pitch, they had one tactic: to kick it to the edge of our area where they had at least six or seven players lined up on the edge of our box?

It was basic stuff, like you’d expect from a lower division side, but it wasn’t an accident. They know we’re rubbish at defending crosses into the box. I think it was their second goal where we got beaten by a simple cross into the box and no one was marking. You’d think our defensive coaching would improve but it just gets worse. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Did anyone else notice that every time Newcastle got a free kick, no matter where on the pitch, they had one tactic: to kick it to the edge of our area where they had at least six or seven players lined up on the edge of our box?

It was basic stuff, like you’d expect from a lower division side, but it wasn’t an accident. They know we’re rubbish at defending crosses into the box. I think it was their second goal where we got beaten by a simple cross into the box and no one was marking. You’d think our defensive coaching would improve but it just gets worse. 

We may be fitter than we've ever been but we're not being coached. 

Pochettino has had plenty of time to stamp his identity on the side and hasn't and now according to Max he's got a say in who we buy next. 

The man who bought three strikers whilst ignoring Kane and couldn't win a farmers league with Messi Mbappe and Neymar. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We may be fitter than we've ever been but we're not being coached. 

James and Sterling spent there non-NT fortnight practicing freekicks with each other.  No coach it seems.

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Pochettino has had plenty of time to stamp his identity on the side

Long on time, short on identity

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Their first goal was no different. Cucurella and Badass moved away from Isak as the pass was played, even though he was Newcastle's only real target. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Siidi said:

Their first goal was no different. Cucurella and Badass moved away from Isak as the pass was played, even though he was Newcastle's only real target. 

I think Cucurella didn't know whether we were pushing up to put them all onside or whether both CBs were trying to charge down the same shot.  Should he advance or cover the unmarked striker.  To be honest I still don't know.
But most clubs coach these things endlessly so most players know what the plan is.

1 minute ago, chrisb said:

You’ve really taken to these emoji’s chara! 🍾😂

Yep.... minus 25C this am and snow on ground but glorious cloudless BLUE sky....no way going out so plenty of time for mindless pleasure😁🛷❄️

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

I think Cucurella didn't know whether we were pushing up to put them all onside or whether both CBs were trying to charge down the same shot.  Should he advance or cover the unmarked striker.  To be honest I still don't know.
But most clubs coach these things endlessly so most players know what the plan is.

That's exactly what happened. Whether we're defending corners or attacks through the middle, no one seems to take responsibility for anything. if Cucurella moves, Bada must stay with Isak. If one steps up to cut out the ball, the other must stay with the striker.  If they want to play Isak offside, then both defenders must move. You'd think they practice all this stuff. The amount of time Isak had on the ball was ridiculous. 

43 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

He went to cover a player who might have got the ball leaving a player totally free with a clear shot and time....not the best reading of the situation!