JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

57 minutes ago, Siidi said:

That's exactly what happened. Whether we're defending corners or attacks through the middle, no one seems to take responsibility for anything. if Cucurella moves, Bada must stay with Isak. If one steps up to cut out the ball, the other must stay with the striker.  If they want to play Isak offside, then both defenders must move. You'd think they practice all this stuff. The amount of time Isak had on the ball was ridiculous. 

Don't worry they iron these things out on the training pitch lol.

Every week we have Disasi as RCB and Silva as LCB, this week for a laugh we had Badiashile as RCB and Silva at LCB and it paid dividends. 

For Newcastle. 

The Coward, fresh from playing one game with a brave mindset reverted to type and chopped and changed because he was scared of what the opposition could do with their big tall players and hilariously they did because Pochettino chose a defence who don't know how to play together. 

He's utterly clueless. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's a coward. 

I rarely disagree with you Mark and not so much disagree as trying to work out exactly what you mean. 

I understand your pov but wonder if cowardice is the right description?...lack of conviction or belief is my maybe slightly softer take...the question for me ..taking your pov and mine as basically the same part of the coin as it were,

Why is it?  from an experienced EPL coach? We may disagree with elements of any coach's  tactics etc but again why the apparent lack of consistency?

1 minute ago, chara said:

I rarely disagree with you Mark and not so much disagree as trying to work out exactly what you mean. 

I understand your pov but wonder if cowardice is the right description?...lack of conviction or belief is my maybe slightly softer take...the question for me ..taking your pov and mine as basically the same part of the coin as it were,

Why is it?  from an experienced EPL coach? We may disagree with elements of any coach's  tactics etc but again why the apparent lack of consistency?

Yes. He hasn’t got a rep as conservative in his methodology like Jose or Simone. But he does seem to be reactive. Maybe he doesn’t trust the players, I don’t know.

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's a coward. 

If it is true that the players didn't train today then he is not a coward to the players.
He is worse, a coward to the meaningless press, pretending he would be tough but faking it.

Still don't think there is much to be gained from finding the next best manager who would agree to come.  
But it does highlight the challenge of finding the next best CF who is willing to join us.

9 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

If it is true that the players didn't train today then he is not a coward to the players.
He is worse, a coward to the meaningless press, pretending he would be tough but faking it

I’d call that a fraud and also weak. The players will see straight through it.

I stated long back, before he was appointed, that he’d not cut it and I stand by it. 

Personally I’d spend a period assessing who to go to next, assessing how long it’s going to take to get him and then let this fella go when that time is up.

4 minutes ago, east lower said:

Personally I’d spend a period assessing who to go to next, assessing how long it’s going to take to get him and then let this fella go when that time is up.

Sort the club out first.  And if we piss off Poch we could get Lampard back again. 

I guess I expected it, and wasn't posting here at the time, but I still find this incredible.
image.thumb.png.e199c902f4862825c3a9714d423e7f5c.png

All things considered it is hard not to sympathise with Poch and players

23 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Sort the club out first.  And if we piss off Poch we could get Lampard back again. 

I guess I expected it, and wasn't posting here at the time, but I still find this incredible.

Lampards win ratio at Chelsea is higher than Pochettino by quite a bit, you could rightly argue that Pochettino has played less games than Lampard and that arguably (hmm) Lampard had the stronger squad but lose to Brighton and United, which currently I'd put my mortgage on and Pochettino falls below Potters win ratio too. 

Not a good look. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Problem is that sorting the club out could take years, given the way that the current ownership has removed the experience. 

The coach knew what he was getting into and during pre-season looked like he was going to get a tune out of what we had. Soon as the real football started and results were hard to come by he regressed and started to fiddle with formation and never settled with a plan. He’s confused the players, hence us looking so fragile at the back now.

Far as I’m concerned the sooner he’s gone the better. 

• Agree 2

Anyone got any serious suggestions for what the board could do now?
My advice is an older Sporting director, and a few old and wise and esp experiences heads for the team - if only on the bench in most games.
Kovacic and Azpi would be perfect.  Maybe Jorginho.  Rudiger is 30 now, he'd be perfect.
I wonder on what slag heap and with what grimey old managers they all ended up?

The predicted Spurs collapse continues.  3 losses in 3.  At this rate the only "decent team" we have beaten will finish lower than us.
I'm thinking Postitnoteglue has a track record n Australia, Japan and Celtic.  All that trying to win 3 points even with 9 men probably comes from that 100 point focus  (93 & 99 points in 38 with Celtic).  Gonna be really unpleasant as it comes unstuck.

24 minutes ago, east lower said:

Problem is that sorting the club out could take years, given the way that the current ownership has removed the experience. 

Well quite.  How many managers do you want to burn before the club starts to understand what is required.  Is Woy still available?

In my pov you bring in a top manager to race your star horses when they are close to winning something.  Till then you let them train under a stable hand.  Race this lot now and you'll have more injuries and they'll fall at the first hurdle.
So no love for Poch but a board that kicks him out now look poisonous to any new candidate.

22 minutes ago, Bones said:

Why do people buy the athletic when all they seem to do is publish the same stuff as the mainstream press but 24 hours later.

We have had several worse games against worse opponents where we failed to compete 2nd half AND 1st half.

So now it is the goals against column that is so damning.
Yet we are 11th= on points, 10th= on GA and 9th on GF.  8th on GD

The thing we are poor at is getting points from games we haven't been outplayed in.
In particular getting 3 points from poor teams as opposed to being good at getting 1 point from good teams. 

Edited by Dwmh

41 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Well quite.  How many managers do you want to burn before the club starts to understand what is required.  Is Woy still available?

In my pov you bring in a top manager to race your star horses when they are close to winning something.  Till then you let them train under a stable hand.  Race this lot now and you'll have more injuries and they'll fall at the first hurdle.
So no love for Poch but a board that kicks him out now look poisonous to any new candidate.

To use your horse racing analogy, when the Emirati spend their multi-millions on the yearling thoroughbred’s - these being the potential classic winners in two/three years time - do they give them to the Epsom trainers or do they give them to the Michael Stoute’s, John Gosden’s or their own crew.

They, of course give them to the top trainers to nurture them. 

I like your version of the ownership’s name, so Creamcake take the ‘yearlings’ and give them to the rag ‘n’ bone men to train them. 

We’ve got the Newmarket and maybe the raw material but not the trainer and staff and wonder why we can’t win a race, never mind a classic.

35 minutes ago, east lower said:

To use your horse racing analogy, when the Emirati spend their multi-millions on the yearling thoroughbred’s - these being the potential classic winners in two/three years time - do they give them to the Epsom trainers or do they give them to the Michael Stoute’s, John Gosden’s or their own crew.

They, of course give them to the top trainers to nurture them. 

I like your version of the ownership’s name, so Creamcake take the ‘yearlings’ and give them to the rag ‘n’ bone men to train them. 

We’ve got the Newmarket and maybe the raw material but not the trainer and staff and wonder why we can’t win a race, never mind a classic.

Sort of but for me a top football coach is more of a jockey that races the poor sods to an inch of their lives.
The horse racing Trainer and stable hands are the ones that make sure they are well fed, healthy, and been run in a few trials so they don't fear the gates.
You wouldn't let Lester Piggott* near a yearling IMO unless it was racing to win.

it is why RA hired AVB and Lampard to boost the egos of his young talent bought in 2012/13 and 2019.
But then hired JM and TT as soon as they looked good.

* you can see from my references to Lester Piggott that I know nothing of racing names since TV went from 3 channels to more back in the 1970s.  

27 minutes ago, east lower said:

Sounds just like what they said about Mr Potter in the drawn-out story that ended up  - we all know where!

Yup a vote of confidence.  Probably why the players got given 48 hours off despite playing Wednesday at Man U.
Tough game so they'll give it to an assistant before bringing back Lampard for the rest of the season.

(only half a joke)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Yup a vote of confidence.  Probably why the players got given 48 hours off despite playing Wednesday at Man U.
Tough game so they'll give it to an assistant before bringing back Lampard for the rest of the season.

(only half a joke)

You had me panicking then for a moment, saying we were at Man Utd on Weds. Just checked, it’s a week Weds. 

It’s a European week, hence why our twice yearly lesson from Brighton is 2pm Sunday.

edit: even more time to get an interim in! 😉

Edited by east lower
  • Thanks 1