JaneB

Matchday prediction  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Newcastle win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/11/23 at 20:45

We can say that the team is inexperienced but it’s been Cucurella, Silva and James that have lost their heads. Jackson, arguably, should not be anywhere near the first team, but that’s the hand Poch has been dealt. Gallagher had a chance to score at 1-1 and fluffed it. What I would pick Poch up on is starting Badashiele and Big Les in a game that was always going to be high tempo. They haven’t distinguished themselves. It’s just been an almighty mess really.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

We can say that the team is inexperienced but it’s been Cucurella, Silva and James that have lost their heads. Jackson, arguably, should not be anywhere near the first team, but that’s the hand Poch has been dealt. Gallagher had a chance to score at 1-1 and fluffed it. What I would pick Poch up on is starting Badashiele and Big Les in a game that was always going to be high tempo. They haven’t distinguished themselves. It’s just been an almighty mess really.

The missed chance was the turning point - how often does that happen eh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Based on one game? 👀

Max. You weren’t calling for £500,000,000 to be spent when we had our last few matches. 😬🙈

I still think we're doing okay!!! Nothing to tear our hair about.

To challenge for the league though Matt: We need a top GK, CB, Winger, Striker at the very least.

Two seperate points.

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

I still think we're doing okay!!! Nothing to tear our hair about.

To challenge for the league though Matt: We need a top GK, CB, Winger, Striker at the very least.

Two seperate points.

We’re not challenging for the league for a long time, definitely not while Pep is still at City. We need a patient rebuild, which is hard and for us fans, horrible, but the big spending is likely done now and our windows will go back to ‘normal’. Top half this season is ok (not good, but ok), next season has to be Europe though:

• Like 1

Honestly, this is really why you can’t say we’re back or we’re on the right path or any of that crap when it comes to this team after two decent games, there was always concerns with this lot that they’d mess it up the following game and that’s exactly what they’ve done. Talk about needing time to build consistency all you like, second half today was abysmal, admire those that are positive but you’ve gotta be realistic, a lot of weeks this just looks like a complete mess these owners have made and not a given we’ll become a top team again. 

Edited by Floyd25
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We’re not challenging for the league for a long time, definitely not while Pep is still at City. We need a patient rebuild, which is hard and for us fans, horrible, but the big spending is likely done now and our windows will go back to ‘normal’. Top half this season is ok (not good, but ok), next season has to be Europe though:

Done for a while.

Except I think we are about to sign a big striker in the summer.

Over the next... two or three years we should be aiming at those positions. Opportunities will emerge to sell and buy need players in the coming windows.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

It's clear to me we still need at least 3, 4, or 5 new things:
A new Goalkeeper
A New Centre Half to replace T. Silva (or one to become leader)
A New Striker
A New Creative player / Winger
Possibly a new Left Back

Thats another 500 million+ to even think about challenging for the title.

You don't do "on the fence" do you Max?

😂

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, kev61 said:

The midfield was crying out for change first half -big Les in paricular yet Poch did nothing except hide behide his scarf.

He's not a good coach so it's to be expected. Didn't see him speaking once to his team below any time they cut to him in the stands. I've never seen a manager in that position just watching the game like a fan. They're usually mic'd up and giving instructions.

I was prepared to be inconsistent this season under Poch and a new inexperienced squad. But the players show degrees of naivety that truly baffles the mind.

The reason and argument for having a player like Thiago Silva is so he can marshal the defence and be an influence on the defence. But this season we've seen the completely opposite. I've never seen us concede as many rudimentary goals as we have this season. 

We're just gonna have to accept this is the state of play for the rest of the season, See what Chelsea turns up on the day. And take it on the chin that we'll finish mid table again.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

When we are like, super awful like we were today we have to be realistic and realise that we're not going to challenge for the league for at least ten years. We need to concentrate on gelling the side together and coaching them to improve and to be honest with Pochettino at the helm we may as well be trying to teach them to fly given his record. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

You can talk about tactics and coaching until the cows come home but individual mistakes and pure stupidity cost us. At half time the game was there for the taking but we crumbled, giving away stupid foul after stupid foul 

Individual mistakes made by players he keeps picking. Thiago Silva and Cucurella will be rewarded with starts if they're available.