JaneB

Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Brighton win

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’ve never heard of that happening before. I think they were hoping they could find a way to give them something.

How pundits and the commentator are claiming that as not being a penalty is absurd. Milner makes to effort to go for the ball and completely shoves and bundles Mudryk over. It’s a clear pen.

I thought it was pretty contentious. But pleased for Mudders to win it.

Story of this game isn't that the refs ruined it although it was chaotic at times. Caicedo could have been sent off.

I think we were poor but Brighton also made key mistakes that cost them the game.

Overall there's still more to like than last season IMO although we need to improve our discipline.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

Worth mentioning, once again… Thiago Silva is unbelievable. To be playing at this level, in this league in the way that he is, is phenomenal. 

Oldest defender of all time in the PL today. Surely the only really old one who has been playing at a really good level at this age too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Brighton surprisingly muted in the second half, took us bringing Maatsen on and getting Disasi away from the touchline to look okay defensively ... And we still fell asleep at a set piece.

Mind you, if we can make taking half chances from set pieces a more routine thing, a decent number of our crap performances will end in better results. Maybe pragmatism is starting to rule in training.

We are far too undisciplined and need that properly managed, now.

110 minutes of football is too much, this will break footballers.

With their injuries and playing on Thursday we should always have been winning this game.

Brighton tired and not at their best. Which is why it was a must-win.

But we won - so congrats to the lads 😄

• Agree 2

Just now, Max Fowler said:

With their injuries and playing on Thursday we should always have been winning this game.

Brighton tired and not at their best. Which is why it was a must-win.

But we won - so congrats to the lads 😄

This is the problem. Sometimes we win and it’s more to do with factors affecting the opposition than good play by us. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Also credit to Sanchez second half. I thought he handled everything really well, although his kicking was poo as usual.

For all the stick he gets he is often pretty reliable on the saving front. A bit more so than Kepa I would say.

It's a wonderful seeing him come out and claim crosses - kills the tension and gives the team a breather. His distribution needs to be worked on, but his shot stopping and aerial presence has certainly felt like an upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Didn’t fancy that at half time. Take the Newcastle game out and our results have not been to bad of late.

The Man United game is huge on Wednesday. We’ve only won back to back matches once this season and we need to put that right. Until we can get some sort of consistency then we don’t have any form.

Just now, asvaberg said:

The optimist i me says we will get 3 points from each of the next 6 PL games. Come Christmas, come Joy, come Happiness, come on Chelsea 😁

Wouldn’t it be nice. It would be nice if some of them weren’t so dramatic as out last couple of victories as well… but a win is a win.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The Man United game is huge on Wednesday. We’ve only won back to back matches once this season and we need to put that right. Until we can get some sort of consistency then we don’t have any form.

And they are awful, think they've already lost 10 games this season.

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Mind you, if we can make taking half chances from set pieces a more routine thing, a decent number of our crap performances will end in better results. Maybe pragmatism is starting to rule in training.

Do you think the next team we play will have worked out that the corner plan is far post to Badashile no matter what his starting position is?  It's be nice to see some variety, but still repeating what has recently worked is better than normal.
And a very nice overhead cross by Bada.

I've only seen highlights and that included 4 mins of VAR and slow motion repeates just for the pen to be taken.  So I'm not expecting a lot more action.

Winning with 10 men for H2 at least feels good.  That should help settle the players a bit.

Not much bothered about Man U next.  Everton, Sheff U, Wolves, Palace, Luton, Fulham that is 6 wins I want to see in our next 7 games.   Those 6 are all below us in the table.   At our level these are the key games to gain 3 points from.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1