Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Brighton win

4 hours ago, chara said:

Or both ?

Yes - probably the right answer - but like Werner I think there is a very good player in there.

There is no doubt he is under achieving but I honestly think part of that is because we have a coach that is not very good.

In all honesty I can't see Poch getting the best out of ANY player,and the reason we get the odd good result is because of the quality of 'individual' players coming together by accident rather than design.

12 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Is not Enzo meant to be the new Fabregas?

Just asking?

There is a theory  that Fabregas was spent when he came back to the premiership.That's why Arsenal were not in a hurry to sign him again.

What say  you old chap?.

13 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I admit I am absolutely sick of Dudley "Dudders" Dudryk but that's by the by.

I would rather we were talking about his performance than the penalty.

So, what did we all think?

His pace alone warrants him serious game time. You can think what you want of that, but it’s a real weapon. We’ve seen that many times this season. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

His pace alone warrants him serious game time. You can think what you want of that, but it’s a real weapon. We’ve seen that many times this season. 

Is he more effective than Stirling on the left?

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

There is a theory  that Fabregas was spent when he came back to the premiership.That's why Arsenal were not in a hurry to sign him again.

What say  you old chap?.

Very good signing - to upgrade JM little pony's into PL winners and become a great player for the club thereafter.

Type of signing and quality which was required during the couple of transfer windows.

A good coach would tell Mudryk to stay wide and give the midfield players an outlet to supply a centre forward with chances.

A good coach would tell Cucurella to stop wandering into areas that he shouldn't be in and protect the area that he is responsible for

Not rocket science.The whole team looks disjointed and uncoached.

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Very good signing - to upgrade JM little pony's into PL winners and become a great player for the club thereafter.

Type of signing and quality which was required during the couple of transfer windows.

Cobblers.If Fabregas was part of this team he would look distinctly  average.

9 hours ago, east lower said:

I’ve just copied the following from an article relating to our disciplinary record this season, at least we’re top of the league at something:

“The Blues have 47 yellow cards in 14 games. That’s 5 clear of the next team on the list.

Then they have 3 red cards, putting them joint second in the league.”

Now, is that a result of an agenda or is that a result of poor discipline? 

Our games are refereed differently to everyone else's , I've said it before and will keep saying it until it stops .

Tackles that are not yellow cards for our opposition are always yellow cards for us , if they can send us off they will without thinking but you can elbow our players in the face on purpose in the first minute and not get sent off so as not to spoil the game , you can pull our defenders to the ground by their hair and you can jump up , punch the ball over our defence to a player standing offside directly in front of our keeper and score and FA Cup winning goal. 

We often have around 80% of the ball and 90% of the bookings , how does that work exactly?

Other sides get leeway , we don't , if they're  bookable we almost always get booked for it 

An awful lot of our yellow cards this season has been from dissent with our players aghast at how the ref is officiating our games , allowing the opposition to do what they like without redress and hammering us any chance they get . 

And once again , the last two penalties we were given , weren't given by the on field referee but by VAR , one can argue it's because the refs are shying away from making difficult decisions knowing VAR will help them , but it isn't . 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, chara said:

Well..I care...it's a totally separate issue from the overall team performance.

I thought the teams performance would be the primary concern

8 hours ago, chara said:

The two penalty "issues" were important turning points in the game. Debatable points surely?

How were they turning points the REF/VAR got them both right, therefore neither influenced the game or result

8 hours ago, chara said:

The Chelsea goals were well earned and fought for and the penalty was justified.

The two goals were only new tactic from 5 days on the training ground. As mentioned by others I doubt ManUre, Everton will lbe so generous on the back post.

8 hours ago, chara said:

The performance question has been well covered elsewhere.

I assume  you are referring to the discipline or sending off

I would have thought there we still more question than answers in the over team and another poor performance with and without 11 players. 

ROTG Saying BFN

27 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Cobblers.If Fabregas was part of this team he would look distinctly  average.

Pay attention Kev

If the club had gone down the route of signing players like Fabregas, then one would have assumed the club would not have shafted half the player they did during the summer and would have brought in top draw reinforcements, rather than players still eating McDonalds Happy meals

ROTG Saying BFN

Edited by ROTG

6 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Pay attention Kev

If the club had gone down the route of signing players like Fabregas, then one would have assumed the club would not have shafted half the player they did during the summer and would have brought in top draw reinforcements, rather than players still eating McDonalds Happy meals

"Pay attention".....I like your style!.Come clean old fella you just like to wind people up.I put my hand up I like to do it too!.

On 28/11/2023 at 11:43, flllerywhereru2 said:

It's going to be fine, worse case scenario from  a nasty run of 4 games we emerge with 4 points which is perhaps more than some expected.  I think we will give Brighton a game, they will miss Dunk at the back  and we could have Nkunku available to pester their back line. Oh and i am going which is usually a good sign...i have a habit of not seeing us lose very often.

Was prepared to come on and eat humble pie (and at half time 2-1 precarious lead and a man down...i was very ready) but as i said....I dont see us lose often 😉

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, kev61 said:

A good coach would tell Mudryk to stay wide and give the midfield players an outlet to supply a centre forward with chances.

A good coach would tell Cucurella to stop wandering into areas that he shouldn't be in and protect the area that he is responsible for

Not sure what matches you're watching, but Mudryk does predominantly say wide and that's visibly supported by his positional heat maps this season. Does he come inside? Sure, like most wingers do these day,  but a lot of his time is spent on the actual wings. The key issue here, and it's plagued us for some time, is that we don't actually get the ball out to these types of players quick enough or often enough. 

One of Cucurella's biggest strengths as a player is his energy and closing space, that is going to entail leaving the conventional areas of his position. It's a calculated gamble really. On one hand this allows him to win the ball higher up the pitch, which then can allow us to turn defence into attack. On the other if he's beaten and there isn't cover, it can leave us exposed. That's kinda part and parcel of being a proactive defender like he is and a big part of why his metrics in areas like tackles, interceptions, dribblers challenged, blocks etc are in some of the highest percentiles league wide. 

Kante did similar and was lauded for "being everywhere", yet he was often also guilty of leaving us exposed. We see Gallagher currently having a similar impact, where his energy can be really beneficial but there's also negatives that come with it.

In realty, it's more about getting the player to harness it properly opposed to trying to coach it out of them altogether. 

17 minutes ago, kev61 said:

"Pay attention".....I like your style!.Come clean old fella you just like to wind people up.I put my hand up I like to do it too!.

Only in the eyes of HAM am i a wind up merchant.

It a case of taking a different view point on what has happened with the club and the owners bonkers ideas and philosophies, rather than one who thinks the owners are visionaries and everything is rosy in the garden

Hopefully I will eat humble pie, but there is nothing on the horizon telling me the pie is on its way 😃

ROTG saying BFN 

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Only in the eyes of HAM am i a wind up merchant.

It a case of taking a different view point on what has happened with the club and the owners bonkers ideas and philosophies, rather than one who thinks the owners are visionaries and everything is rosy in the garden

Hopefully I will eat humble pie, but there is nothing on the horizon telling me the pie is on its way 😃

ROTG saying BFN 

You'r not alone in what you think.You might think you are but you'r not - however you might want to be specific on players and their ability,and the manager.

59 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Not sure what matches you're watching, but Mudryk does predominantly say wide and that's visibly supported by his positional heat maps this season. Does he come inside? Sure, like most wingers do these day,  but a lot of his time is spent on the actual wings. The key issue here, and it's plagued us for some time, is that we don't actually get the ball out to these types of players quick enough or often enough. 

One of Cucurella's biggest strengths as a player is his energy and closing space, that is going to entail leaving the conventional areas of his position. It's a calculated gamble really. On one hand this allows him to win the ball higher up the pitch, which then can allow us to turn defence into attack. On the other if he's beaten and there isn't cover, it can leave us exposed. That's kinda part and parcel of being a proactive defender like he is and a big part of why his metrics in areas like tackles, interceptions, dribblers challenged, blocks etc are in some of the highest percentiles league wide. 

Kante did similar and was lauded for "being everywhere", yet he was often also guilty of leaving us exposed. We see Gallagher currently having a similar impact, where his energy can be really beneficial but there's also negatives that come with it.

In realty, it's more about getting the player to harness it properly opposed to trying to coach it out of them altogether. 

The biggest problem I have with Dudryk is he consistently loses the ball. He takes on defenders but he barely seems to try and dribble past them - 9/10 times this fails and he loses possession, was thinking if he played under Pep he would be going absolutely mad but also if Dudders played for Man City he would probably look a lot better by default.

He doesn't even lose the ball at full tilt - he is like a 6 year old losing the ball to a group of 11 year old playground bullies.

The two most impressive actions on Saturday when he chopped inside quickly for once and got a shot off (I actually think he might have a decent strike on him so we need to see more of that), and when Jackson fed him for the penalty and we used his pace in behind (again, need to see more of that and the team can help him - but good luck with that against the upcoming low block teams).

Dudryk has overtaken Madueke in the pecking order and is currently competing on the level of Jackson and Broja. Does some good things but needs time apparently. He still is doing better than last season. IMO he should be nowhere near our best front three of Palmer, Nkunku and Sterling (would start Gallagher, Enzo, Caicedo, and Lavia ahead of him too).

31 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Max, I know you're not 12 with an under developed brain, so why the childish use of "Dudryk"? When you read things like that it's hard to then go and take anything else said with seriousness. He's a Chelsea player, a young player at that, surely it's in your best interests to support him? 

Largely for my own amusement and to be a bit provocative. I believe there is a failure to honestly critique his performances and engage with arguments, both here on social media - so I am trying a different tack. After all, other than discussing his positioning and whether or not he won a penalty, I haven't heard anyone perhaps other than @ROTG give an honest assessment of how he is playing. I support the lad but we need to talk about him. He is really not that young Celery.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Maybe Poch is but Mudryk isn't listening?

It's pretty obvious watching Mudryk that he foolishly believes he's a Hazard type of player. Somebody with that type of pace should be wide, trying to isolate his defender 1v1 . But he instead wants the ball inside, wants to dribble between players and play cute balls down the side for the CF. Nobody wants or needs that from him but it's what he wants to do 95% of the time.