Matchday prediction  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Brighton win

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

….only it isn’t, is it?

No I mis spoke. It is total believable and expected. We’ve also had our usual brain farts from Sanchez and general dicking around in our box. 

I had this down as a draw but maybe I was optimistic. 

Edited by NoblyBobly
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Some of this has to be on Poch. We’re so ill disciplined. He’s trying to rile up the players and they’re getting petulant 

How is that on Poch? So corner who had a yellow earlier, or Mudryk who pulled out of the tackle that lead to the goal BHA scored. This isn't on the coach . The truth is we have players who aren't up there when it comes to football intelligence . Some decisions they make is a head scratcher 

Edited by Bigpokey24
  • Agree 3

I don't think we were ever cruising, we just managed to score some goals from nothing chances for once. Brighton have completely dictated where the ball is and the pace of the game from the first minute and there can be little doubt about what happens from here.

What is galling is Brighton getting away with verbal warnings for two attempted fouls to stop breaks in the first 15 minutes (one was Igor, not sure who the other was) and then Connor going straight in the book.

Disasi was awful at RB and now Mitoma is warming up. Mudryk is an utter coward and him getting a standing round of applause for ... having a shot is far more savage a criticism of him than me saying that.

Whatever the score has been at any point, it's been the same old shit just taking a different route to the usual destination. 

Edited by thevelourfog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigpokey24 said:

How is that on Poch? So corner who had a yellow earlier, or Mudryk who pulled out of the tackle that lead to the goal BHA scored. This isn't on the coach . The truth is we have players who aren't up there when it comes to football intelligence . Some decisions they make is a head scratcher 

It's his job to transmit the right amount of emotion to the players. At some point they are not responding properly. Either not turning up at all or diving in recklessly. We are top of the yellow card league for a reason.

Yes we are way too young and naive but I think Poch has responsibility now.

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

I don't think we were ever cruising, we just managed to score some goals from nothing chances for once. Brighton have completely dictated where the ball is and the pace of the game from the first minute and there can be little doubt about what happens from here.

What is galling is Brighton getting away with verbal warnings for two attempted fouls to stop breaks in the first 15 minutes (one was Igor, not sure who the other was) and then Connor going straight in the book.

Disasi was awful at RB and now Mitoma is warming up.

Whatever the score has been at any point, it's been the same old shit just taking a different route to the usual destination. 

Yeah we just got goals from set pieces. Which was great to see tbf, I was thinking its all about the result and we are getting some cheap old chelsea goals.

How have we shot ourselves in the foot and now we are GUARANTEED not to win?

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Because it's on the players.

I'm sorry Ham. At some point perception becomes reality. I am not in the Pochettino out brigade but if we do not win games soon he is a dead man walking anyway. Maybe it is the players but he will be the fall guy. One thing's for sure we cannot keep not winning games.

Let's see what happens second half.