JaneB

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Manchester United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/23 at 19:00

One of the most inept displays I’ve ever seen from a Premier League side. Utterly clueless on every level. From the first minute to the last pathetic corner by James, that was bloody awful.

Jackson and Mudryk are nowhere near the level required. And if you have those two muppets upfront then it just eats away and infects the confidence of the whole side. Just effing play Maatsen and Broja if that’s our only option. Honestly, I know Poch has been dealt a dreadful hand, and injuries and suspensions aren’t helping, but he’s got to be doing better with this squad. That was bonkers from Poch to start like that and then persist with it till we went behind in the second half. He’s got to be the most ineffective in-game manager I’ve seen. 

WTF!! Didn’t think we could be much worse than we were against Newcastle.  Really don’t know where we go from here. Nowhere I guess, 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, east lower said:

The Tuchel ship has sailed and won’t re-dock any time in the foreseeable future.

It’s not just the coach that should go though, the owners and investors need to sell-up. It’s in their and the clubs best interests to do so, whilst there’s a chance to get a return for them and people in that understand how to build a top club - not a load of mid-table maestro’s.

I think they cannot sell for 10 years. Is that right?!?!

This rate we cannot let them build a new stadium as it will come out like this

image.png.89046e8b8acc1e998cf0d06a7ee527e4.png

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

No. 
Allowing 3 scouts from championship teams build a team using Billy Beane philosophy, without any input from the clubs head coach. In fact any footballing coach. 

Poch is not the greatest coach, however the hand he’s been dealt is not a winning hand. It’s a 54 point team. 
Unless you are one of the faithful or delusional that believes all will be good in January when the game changers come back from injury. 

ROTG say BFN

It can be both you know.

And it probably is.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, east lower said:

The Tuchel ship has sailed and won’t re-dock any time in the foreseeable future.

It’s not just the coach that should go though, the owners and investors need to sell-up. It’s in their and the clubs best interests to do so, whilst there’s a chance to get a return for them and people in that understand how to build a top club - not a load of mid-table maestro’s.

If the owners were to sell up then the only option we'd be left with is one of the hideous human rights abusing oil states. I'd rather go down to the championship than have that happen!

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Emery is doing an amazing job at Villa, but hand on heart, how many of us would have wanted him here after TT left?  

I honestly have no idea who we should go for next when the inevitable axe falls on Poch. 

I can genuinely say that I’d have taken him over Potter and this fraud we have now. 

After his stint at Arsenal I doubted his abilities, but going back to Spain and his success there showed him to be the good coach he was and is. Gooners were the wrong club at the wrong time for him.

3 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

But we literally recently played well against Arsenal and City (should have won both) and from that we go to these recent performances? 

We seem to lack intensity away from home.

This is where I am struggling a little with Poch. Spurs were horrible to play against when he coached them but we are exactly the opposite.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t think they give a shit.

No pro sportsman/woman reaches top level sport without having desire. 

Everything is wildly up and down at the moment but I don't think it has anything to do with them not trying. Imho it's more down to the players simply not being good enough at this moment in time. It goes way back to Sarri, saying the players were not able to do what he was asking from them. TT said pretty much the same and so on and so on to where we are now.

3 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

If the owners were to sell up then the only option we'd be left with is one of the hideous human rights abusing oil states. I'd rather go down to the championship than have that happen!

Not necessarily. There’s plenty of very rich people in other parts of Asia, America etc.

But let’s face it - is that how the City and Newcastle fans feel about it?

Just now, boratsbrother said:

No pro sportsman/woman reaches top level sport without having desire. 

Everything is wildly up and down at the moment but I don't think it has anything to do with them not trying. Imho it's more down to the players simply not being good enough at this moment in time. It goes way back to Sarri, saying the players were not able to do what he was asking from them. TT said pretty much the same and so on and so on to where we are now.

There's desire to become pro and killer mentality to be absolutely top elite level though.

I do think our lads try - I have got not much problem with them. The culture around them is BROKEN!

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

Sorry for saying it again, but it's something I feel strongly about.

I don't. Had this argument a lot with my mates. To me it's not that different being run by Roman or some American Oil Magnate or the Qataris etc. At least they are trying to broker some kind of peace in the middle east. (lets not get into politics)

The world is a complicated place - good owners can bring a lot of joy to the surrounding area - see Newcastle

Absolutely no control in the game..the odd slick move that comes to nothing,,,,hard to watch with a cold eye but I think I am about done with Enzo but who else is there in the squad?....

Jackson I did think preseason would be a player to unsettle defences but really has not made a good EPL fit..Mudryk?...his favourite ploy is that take the ball off the shoulder of a player coming in on him..probably worked 3 out of 4 times in a lesser league but not in the EPL...everyone seems to have worked him out and just clatter him happily giving a fk in no mans land and with small chance of a card.

With the exception of Palmer Silva and maybe Reece and Raheem when they decide to play the rest all seem like carbon copies of each other...not so much bad as "average".

Nobody is frightened of Chelsea...........

2-1 away at OT is not a bad on paper result but as ever it's the way of it,

Hopefully those below in the table keep losing and Chelsea keep picking up points here and there avoiding a humiliating  relegation fight and just maybe next season will see some improvement.

Oh..and I am about... but not quite..done with The Poch.

Not a deep thoughtful reaction from me but an attempt to put down some post game painful feelings.