JaneB

Matchday prediction  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Manchester United win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/23 at 19:00

11 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Actually a clear lake is a lake without ripples, perfect for reflections.

Whereas our clear lake has a giant whale turd at the bottom.

I’m no aquatic expert by any stretch but I’m sure lakes are fresh water and whales are salt water creatures.

Maybe “pike turd” or “carp turd” would have been a better phrase.

Just saying….

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, chrisb said:

I’m no aquatic expert by any stretch but I’m sure lakes are fresh water and whales are salt water creatures.

Maybe “pike turd” or “carp turd” would have been a better phrase.

Just saying….

It was Nessy that did it.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dwmh said:

I said kicked out like TT and Kepa.
It was meant purely sarcastically - all of them ran and all of them went to bigger clubs

Yes 🙂 remembered TT antics in the summer how frustrated he got with current ownership 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bones said:

How the hell these owners won the bidding contest anyway? 😂

Sanctions was always a US/UK carve up based on US political needs and UK disinformation.
That means that only a US firm could safely get involved without risking being punished again for being too close to the Russians.

18 hours ago, ROTG said:

I thought Bohley was only part of the consortium with Clearlake being the majority share holder.

Cards aimed at recruitment department would be more apt as they are responsible for the current playing staff.

ROTG saying BFN

OK - how about 'chelsea recruitment department out!' wouldn't look good on a placard.

Probably better 'Clearlake out!' or (the face of Chelsea) 'Boehly out!' don't you think? . 

Edited by kev61

45 minutes ago, kev61 said:

OK - how about 'chelsea recruitment department out!' wouldn't look good on a placard.

Probably better 'Clearlake out!' or (the face of Chelsea) 'Boehly out!' don't you think? . 

Well said kev.,,,,"they" were appointed as the "Football People"...but then you and I are "Football People" but it's about appointing the "RIGHT FOOTBALL PEOPLE".....my question who advised the Board about the "Advisors?"

1 hour ago, chara said:

Well said kev.,,,,"they" were appointed as the "Football People"...but then you and I are "Football People" but it's about appointing the "RIGHT FOOTBALL PEOPLE".....my question who advised the Board about the "Advisors?"

I just don't understand this del boy approach when  millions of pounds are at stake.7 year contracts are  stupidity in the extreme.

We are rewarding players in advance!!! regardless how they perform.

22 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Yeah, I wouldn't read into what he says in a press conference. He's not one of us, he has different responsibilities. 

I would be worried about what is happening at Cobham. He is nowhere near as bad a coach as many want to believe, even if he is far from elite, so how crap we are should really be cause for existential concern. We simply cannot afford what is actually needed now, a start again job, as we're paying for the last unnecessary one for the next 7 years.

We're fucked.

We have a much, much worse goalkeeper now. Pretending otherwise should be weird, but the Kepa brainrot is so entrenched that I'd have to concede it's pretty normal.

The idea we'd have been 3-1 down at HT with him in goal is silly for lots of very basic  reasons, but mostly does not engage with the most basic and obvious issue. We are determined to play out from the back, or forced to because we've no presence up front, and we have a keeper who absolutely cannot do it. Kepa saved the odd penalty, you might recall. He made fuck ups, not as many as so many think, but he did. But he did not pass directly to the opposition at least 5 times a match. From Kepa to Sanchez is really evidently one of the worst downgrades any team has made this season, and that is true even if your opinion of Kepa is low.

We have gone from a keeper who can barely make a basic save to one who does them routinely. 

You say that’s a huge downgrade. I don’t know what to say about that. It’s one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard. 

So I will say nothing and pretend you never brought this up. 

7 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Sanctions was always a US/UK carve up based on US political needs and UK disinformation.
That means that only a US firm could safely get involved without risking being punished again for being too close to the Russians.

Sure but other bidders werent Russians. And it was RA directing the sale anyway.

I don't see the point of saying "Clearlake Out", "Boehley Out" or moaning about Americans or whatever. It won't make a jot of difference. Nor will holding banners to the same effect. It will simply undermine the side. Nor will moaning about who was allowed to go. Given that they found some dodgy dealing they reported, it is highly likely that they would seek to replace all the senior people in the club. I would. I am not happy with all the decisions. However, I don't know what happened. I wasn't in the meetings. One of the few things I know is that the journalists and other people commenting weren't there either. They are surmising based on what they would like to have happened. Often that means finding that their favourite scapegoat was responsible. It's human nature and not something to be proud of. They chose to get rid of players who were out of contract or soon would be. That makes sense. They chose to go with very young players. That makes sense provided you keep some experienced heads. They chose to keep Silva and Sterling. Was that enough? Maybe they should have brought in some more experience, but that horse has bolted. Did they spend too much? Of course. Just like everyone else. I can only assume that they have a strategy and we have to allow it to play out because we have no choice. What we say makes no difference.

I can only really comment on what I see on the pitch. What I saw was an enormous quantity of basic mistakes - more than you'd expect from experienced players. But then, our players aren't that experienced. I'd be more worried if I were a Man United supporter, probably because my expectations for us this season are lower than theirs. We committed more of them and, consequently, we lost the game. On an individual level, I saw things I have seen before and it is worrying that they are committing the same mistakes. For instance, Sanchez has to work on his footwork. Enzo had a poor game by his standards which is a problem if you are the team's metronome. We should have had a pen for a trip on Sterling, Jackson and Broha should have scored as should a couple of Man United players. We were lucky it was only 2-1 whilst being unlucky not to win. The thing is, the more you practice, the luckier you get.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Original 21 said:

The Sterling pass to Jackson where he decides to try and control it instead of shooting. Just awful. Really awful. Whoever thought it was a good idea to go into this season with Jackson as our main man upfront is an idiot and should be fired.

I feel sorry for Poch. He was badly let down by the Board. He’s got no choice but to persevere with Jackson as Broja is clearly not ready and Nkunku will be eased back slowly by the looks of it. Poch has clearly not given up on Jackson, but really it’s not out of any belief in him. Just that he doesn’t know what else to do. 

Yes Jackson should have controlled it better, though most strikers need three good chances to score.

The really good ones need two chances.

I'm not sure we can now attract the really good ones.

I've been looking at Solanke recently, 7 goals and an assist in 15 matches.

All types of finishes including backheels.

He is a better a finisher than Jackson and maybe a late bloomer and think if we don't get him someone else will perhaps Eddie Howe.

As we know good early pedigree including us and Liverpool before finding his feet at Bournemouth.

6 hours ago, Bones said:

Sure but other bidders werent Russians. And it was RA directing the sale anyway.

So there is a whole concept that is rarely discussed in mainstream media (but abounds elsewhere).

Basically the idea is that US foreign policy goes hand in hand with US businesses and banks trying to make a fast buck and buy up knock down assets (eg oil and mining rights).  You can see it in the famous war is a racket quote from General Smedley Buttler, you can see it trade with sanctioned countries where for example British companies can't export to Iran because their UK banks will not accept Iranian money, but US banks will for US companies because they are less scared about US banking punishments.

Pre-WW2 the same accusations were made about the British empire.

image.png.2157c8ad45e181f9da6f5486f07dff47.png

3 hours ago, Dwmh said:

So there is a whole concept that is rarely discussed in mainstream media (but abounds elsewhere).

Basically the idea is that US foreign policy goes hand in hand with US businesses and banks trying to make a fast buck and buy up knock down assets (eg oil and mining rights).  You can see it in the famous war is a racket quote from General Smedley Buttler, you can see it trade with sanctioned countries where for example British companies can't export to Iran because their UK banks will not accept Iranian money, but US banks will for US companies because they are less scared about US banking punishments.

Pre-WW2 the same accusations were made about the British empire.

image.png.2157c8ad45e181f9da6f5486f07dff47.png

I've read it over a decade ago and found it interesting and yes Empires are normally corrupt as too much money is up for grabs. 

• Like 1