JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

That's disappointing as we were the better team and got done twice from deflected saves. 

Mudryk and Palmer were mostly decent. Disasi and Badiashile dealt with everything but again, we were unlucky with where those deflections ended up. 

I was more pissed off last week because we lost every 50-50.  Better this week. 

Yes those 4 are decent

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

He won’t. He‘ll be gone in the next few weeks. Same as Potter was. Exactly the same was said of Potter. Every manager gets sacked when they can no longer get results.

On the one hand I hope you’re right, on the other hand, who the hell do we bring in, is anyone capable of getting this team of misfits up the table?

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Question - are the board trying to turn us into another cash cow Brighton? Is this all a smokescreen for that plan? I have completely lost faith again.

If that is the plan, the execution is shocking! We’re not unearthing hidden talent and paying peanuts for them before selling them on for many millions more… we’re overpaying for random South American talent that we’ll never see or hear about again.

It’s just a mess at every level and stage of the club right now. I honestly don’t know how this gets better, without them hiring a proper footballing board, which they won’t do as it would mean accepting they don’t know best.

• Like 1

This team was very much built with the expectation of Chilwell and James providing the width , ammunition and vital goals. That expectation is now dead. 
We have Palmer as a great prospect but you can see he’s trying to do it all on his own because he trusts no one else.  And that’s about it. 
it’s not all Poches fault but he must bear some responsibility.  I have zero idea how long we will keep him. 

2 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t know. I think ironically it all came from a good place but was hopelessly mismanaged.

I’ve lost hope. We’re now a low wage team with young, resellable assets on long contracts. Maybe that’s all they need right now to make us profitable. Success on the pitch is a „nice to have“.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If that is the plan, the execution is shocking! We’re not unearthing hidden talent and paying peanuts for them before selling them on for many millions more… we’re overpaying for random South American talent that we’ll never see or hear about again.

It’s just a mess at every level and stage of the club right now. I honestly don’t know how this gets better, without them hiring a proper footballing board, which they won’t do as it would mean accepting they don’t know best.

Apparently we’re stuck with Clearlake for 10 years whatever happens.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

This team was very much built with the expectation of Chilwell and James providing the width , ammunition and vital goals. That expectation is now dead. 
We have Palmer as a great prospect but you can see he’s trying to do it all on his own because he trusts no one else.  And that’s about it. 
it’s not all Poches fault but he must bear some responsibility.  I have zero idea how long we will keep him. 

On point one, it may well have been but from day one arch tactician Pochettino didn't see it that way and ruined any impact Chilwell could have. On purpose, to show how clever he was. 

He's not looking clever today. 

AVB with lockets. 

10 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

We need leadership, strength, discipline and organisation at the moment imo. Forget building a fucking project. Get Antonio or Jose back. 

If Tuchel was too confrontational, I think there's zero chance of either of those two being hired.

Personally I would *love* Conte back, but I can't see it.

The next manager would have a similar temperament to both Potter and Pochettino. Like it or not, that is the kind of manager we're going to be aiming for going forward.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

That's disappointing as we were the better team and got done twice from deflected saves. 

Mudryk and Palmer were mostly decent. Disasi and Badiashile dealt with everything but again, we were unlucky with where those deflections ended up. 

I was more pissed off last week because we lost every 50-50.  Better this week. 

Yup

Just never felt we were going to score. 

Felt a bit sorry for the keeper at the end. Not an easy game to get thrown into on your debut. Why he should have played the league cup ties. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

True but can they vote for new leadership? I guess though it’s too late now after a billion spent.

Again - maybe they don’t need to. Maybe we’re chock full of youngsters on long low-wage contracts that can be resold near face value, unlike those expensive winning types. Take the TV money, ticket sales and run for the hills, hopefully find one youngster in twenty who can be resold for serious cash.

Edited by Max Fowler

46 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ok, I think that’s it for me. Poch out. Don’t know where we go next, but this absolutely cannot go on any longer. It’s Potter round 2.

Well you called both results right. I still disagree with Poch out though, at this stage.

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yup

Just never felt we were going to score. 

Felt a bit sorry for the keeper at the end. Not an easy game to get thrown into on your debut. Why he should have played the league cup ties. 

Absolutely agree, he really should have had one of the cup games before coming on then. He's going to have to adjust quickly though if Sanchez is out for any extended period of time.