Everton 2 Chelsea 0

JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

Just feel no emotional attachment to any of the players or the club these days to be really that bothered about the results-good or bad.

You see fleeting moments but for the most part it’s just rubbish football.

Getting rid of Poch won’t solve anything because the players will be the same. Was the same with Lampard, Tuchel, Potter and Lampard again.

• Agree 1

Calling any OG's who just may remember...game has changed but some things don't...bear with me...not an OG  "things were better back then" ramble.

The Doc had a very young side but a core of hard headed experienced pro's in Blunstone,Mortimer and Upton with a late "insurance" buy of Derick Kevan...... now after typically Chelsea they went from walking out of the Division at Christmas to scrambling at the last knockings......my point is when they needed to win away at Sunderland and the home side needing only a draw they managed it...but still needed to win the last game to scrape promotion...MY QUESTION IS ...

Does anyone feel that the present squad/coach could a) win that away game and b) More importantly..have the bottle to win that last gasp home game?

For me that is what is missing from today's lot..... and although that last home game was a triumphant 7-0 victory it took a Kevan goal to settle the young side..a lesson there I think.. ..not as obvious a result before that goal..yep..I WAS there!

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Again - maybe they don’t need to. Maybe we’re chock full of youngsters on long low-wage contracts that can be resold near face value, unlike those expensive winning types. Take the TV money, ticket sales and run for the hills, hopefully find one youngster in twenty who can be resold for serious cash.

The only people paying serious cash for youngsters is us

4 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

It wasn’t the same with Tuchel. We won the Champions League for crying out loud.

Tuchel rode the wave post Lampard exit but when it came down to it post CL win the players were largely ineffective.

Thomas isn’t coming back mate-you’ll be ok.

32 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

I’ve lost hope. We’re now a low wage team with young, resellable assets on long contracts. Maybe that’s all they need right now to make us profitable. Success on the pitch is a „nice to have“.

Max, this is the height of delusion. We've overpaid time and time again since this lot arrived, and these players didn't sign 7 years of their careers away for pennies. We've spent like a CL challenger for this, and would turn huge losses on pretty much every single Clearlake signing should we even find buyers in the first place. We are so far away from being profitable in any sense.

I will have a real question to ask myself when these c**ts put ST prices up by £200-300 in April. Love my club no matter what, but it is match going fans who will pay for their stupidity several times over, in several ways.

Couldn't watch the match, don't think I'll bother with highlights!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, chara said:

Calling any OG's who just may remember...game has changed but some things don't...bear with me...not an OG  "things were better back then" ramble.

The Doc had a very young side but a core of hard headed experienced pro's in Blunstone,Mortimer and Upton with a late "insurance" buy of Derick Kevan...... now after typically Chelsea they went from walking out of the Division at Christmas to scrambling at the last knockings......my point is when they needed to win away at Sunderland and the home side needing only a draw they managed it...but still needed to win the last game to scrape promotion...MY QUESTION IS ...

Does anyone feel that the present squad/coach could a) win that away game and b) More importantly..have the bottle to win that last gasp home game?

For me that is what is missing from today's lot..... and although that last home game was a triumphant 7-0 victory it took a Kevan goal to settle the young side..a lesson there I think.. ..not as obvious a result before that goal..yep..I WAS there!

It’s a mentality thing and we’ve signed a load of weak, stupid and poor players. At least Jose or Antonio could get them organised!

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, BMox81 said:

Just feel no emotional attachment to any of the players or the club these days to be really that bothered about the results-good or bad.

You see fleeting moments but for the most part it’s just rubbish football.

Getting rid of Poch won’t solve anything because the players will be the same. Was the same with Lampard, Tuchel, Potter and Lampard again.

I can feel like that over results like today, but prior to the international break, there were signs of improvement. Gallagher always shows heart and there were signs he was being used properly and being effective before he was crap on his international call-up.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I expect Lawrence and Winstanley are on the phone to Frank as we speak.

I would expect P45’s for Lawrence, Winstanley and Shields 

Edited by ROTG
The gang of 3 managed to decimate a club in two transfer windows.
  • Agree 2

@BMox81..The emotional attachment "thing"....I believe going back as far as any of us can go we have had players we emotionally attach ourselves to..and all through our individual Chelsea time lines...When The Cat plucked the ball out of the air with that immaculate "clean" touch I was up there with him.....Dixon running in on goal,,Tambling JFH DD Chopper from a young battler to the old pro JT roaring the side on with his (figurative) sleeves rolled up,,with you and I roaring with him....so many on and on  Chelsea all the way....now?..... Hurts when the only player really to warm my heart is playing at an age that is beyond the norm by a long shot.

Painful times when our hearts can't find a way on to the pitch.

Edited by chara
  • Agree 1

Not as upset by that score as recent defeats. Thought that was better from us. Badashiele was very composed and Disasi was solid. Think those two have proved pretty decent signings to be fair. We might need to look long term beyond Chilwell and James though. Can’t have two crucial players permanently unable to play. Now Gusto is injured as well. It’s ridiculous. 

Would like to see us sign a couple of forwards in January as we can’t let the season drift on without any decent strikers in the squad. Got a chance to see Broja today and he’s actually worse than Jackson if that’s possible. It’s criminal we’ve had to rely on those two this season. Probably the single factor why this season has been such a disaster. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I would expect P45’s for Lawrence, Winstanley and Shields 

Peter Principle,,,can the Board really be that sensible? after all THEY appointed the trio.again..who made that original suggestion/recommendation?

14 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

It’s a mentality thing and we’ve signed a load of weak, stupid and poor players. At least Jose or Antonio could get them organised!

Spurs have been mentally weak for years now despite having a side of journeymen they believe that on their day they can beat anyone.

Their coach sets the side up to get the best out of the players at his disposal and they try to impose their football on the opposition. 

Our coach when at Spurs was getting beat week in week out as Harry Kane languished in the reserves until an injury to a player Pochettino signed got injured and Poch built his reputation on the back of a player he didn't trust. 

Spurs are currently beating Newcastle 2-0 and despite their frailties look good value for it. 

We got soundly beaten and he took them all out for dinner. 

I don't think the players are great but the players aren't the problem, the coach is. 

We're underperforming because the coach hasn't instilled any patterns of play in the side other than "piss about with it at the back". 

There's no overloads anywhere on the pitch other than in our own penalty area. 

He's a fraud. 

59 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I'd be happy with that but these young guys will sulk at those 2 telling them what to do and to work hard. 

Most of those chaps can sulk or do sweet FA for the next 8 years 

“that another fine mess you got the club into Winstanley”. 😀

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Spurs have been mentally weak for years now despite having a side of journeymen they believe that on their day they can beat anyone.

Their coach sets the side up to get the best out of the players at his disposal and they try to impose their football on the opposition. 

Our coach when at Spurs was getting beat week in week out as Harry Kane languished in the reserves until an injury to a player Pochettino signed got injured and Poch built his reputation on the back of a player he didn't trust. 

Spurs are currently beating Newcastle 2-0 and despite their frailties look good value for it. 

We got soundly beaten and he took them all out for dinner. 

I don't think the players are great but the players aren't the problem, the coach is. 

We're underperforming because the coach hasn't instilled any patterns of play in the side other than "piss about with it at the back". 

There's no overloads anywhere on the pitch other than in our own penalty area. 

He's a fraud. 

Be that as it may, I think it’s 50/50 the players and Poch. But who would you bring in?