JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

1 hour ago, Ham said:

That's disappointing as we were the better team and got done twice from deflected saves. 

Mudryk and Palmer were mostly decent. Disasi and Badiashile dealt with everything but again, we were unlucky with where those deflections ended up. 

I was more pissed off last week because we lost every 50-50.  Better this week. 

Keep the faith Ham, only another 4-6 games before the game changers are available 

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Poch has come out and said we need to make signings in January, to improve. He isn’t wrong, I just don’t trust those in charge to sign the right players.

I thought Poch might have waited until the summer, however it would seem the back me or sack me gauntlet been thrown down with tinsel & holly on it. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Poch has come out and said we need to make signings in January, to improve. He isn’t wrong, I just don’t trust those in charge to sign the right players.

Good. Glad he said that. You’d like to think the Board have learned that the one area you can’t skimp on is the central striker position. Problem is which top class striker is going to want to come here with no CL qualification again? That’s why it was bloody daft to risk everything on Jackson and Broja. That preseason false dawn really screwed us over. 

9 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Be that as it may, I think it’s 50/50 the players and Poch. But who would you bring in?

He's so bad at every facet of coaching anyone and I mean anyone would be an upgrade. 

I cannot think of one area where we have improved, the defence doesn't defend better the midfield are clueless and the attack can't score or make goals. 

There isn't a "big name" manager who'd touch us after this horror of a season and I honestly expect this clown to push us hard towards relegation. 

I don't think we'll go down because there are a few sides who are currently in a worse position although that can change. 

We don't need a rocket scientist who wants to redesign the wheel we need someone who can coach footballers into a philosophy that they believe in. 

In a "getable" market I think the Fulham manager would improve us and has an idea in his head of how to coach a side although you could really pick a name out of a hat and come up a winner. 

• Agree 2

Thought we looked better today and should be winning. People talk about a striker but, it's not just a striker it's creators. We don't have any apart from Palmer.

Mudryk, I thought would be a player to put the team on the back foot. However, he's our biggest weakness on the counter because the other team target him to turn the ball over. Think I've finally lost faith. I was actually amazed when he managed to pull the ball back twice today rather than running it off or giving it to them.

Another thing that annoys me are the petulant tackles we make in the opposition half when there is no need. Stops all momentum, but, we do it over and over again.

Positives today.. Badiashille - has always looked good to be fair. The other positive is that we actually tried to win the ball back after losing it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Much better is a stretch. We controlled the ball, but couldn't create and the half chances that came we couldn't convert.

I think we could do with signing experienced attackers in January. Osimhen and Toney as strikers and 2 or 3 creators (but who?). 

5 players? Wishful thinking!

29 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Much better is a stretch. We controlled the ball, but couldn't create and the half chances that came we couldn't convert.

I think we could do with signing experienced attackers in January. Osimhen and Toney as strikers and 2 or 3 creators (but who?). 

Where is the money coming from?

5 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

Thought we looked better today and should be winning. People talk about a striker but, it's not just a striker it's creators. We don't have any apart from Palmer.

Mudryk, I thought would be a player to put the team on the back foot. However, he's our biggest weakness on the counter because the other team target him to turn the ball over. Think I've finally lost faith. I was actually amazed when he managed to pull the ball back twice today rather than running it off or giving it to them.

Another thing that annoys me are the petulant tackles we make in the opposition half when there is no need. Stops all momentum, but, we do it over and over again.

Positives today.. Badiashille - has always looked good to be fair. The other positive is that we actually tried to win the ball back after losing it.

Mudryk looks poor because whenever he plays he's got no support overlapping or overloading the defence, he has to do it on his own. 

No other manager would use him like this he literally been thrown to the wolves by a coward. 

Not saying Mudryk is the answer or a wonderful player but he's been set up for a fall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ShedMiddle said:

You seem to be describing the performance as if we’re not in twelfth and Poch isn't on his last legs. 

3 minutes ago, chara said:

Well he is learning,,,scoring goals is important,,who'da thought?...now lesson # 2,,,prevent goals being scored against your team..... Sigh.

Opposing teams know the trick is to score against us first then they can defend comfortably  as we don’t have any clinical forwards for them to worry about.