JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

32 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Yes, sadly Pochettino seems unable to get a tune out of this group of players and indeed appears to be presiding over a process of continuous decline. He has made our good players worse and is self evidently incapable of motivating the squad to produce a coherent performance. Whilst many of them are green none of them are bad players; it does seem as though they either can't comprehend his instructions, won't carry them out, or that they aren't the right instructions to make the players an effective unit. 

Obviously it is not all his fault, but we will not improve under him. For what it's worth I would sack the football board : their squandering of Clearlake's money is an outrage. Boehly and Eghbali of course have to go. The prospect of relegation is very real.

Well it does seem that way at the moment sure, but this does also seem more positive to me than last season when we achieved no results against the big teams other than a few draws against Liverpool who weren't top four themselves. I at least had great fun watching the Spurs and City games which is significantly more enjoyment than the team gave me all of last season! It felt like we were turning a corner then until the international break. I think we will improve if he's given time, like Arteta.

I agree that Clearlake have been a clown car. Did you read that Barney Ronay article about them? Very amusing and also very depressing: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/30/chelsea-owners-may-see-clubs-own-fans-as-obstacles-in-violent-new-world

53 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Poch has come out and said we need to make signings in January, to improve. He isn’t wrong, I just don’t trust those in charge to sign the right players.

They'll just sign more 16 year old players and expect to ve seasoned pros over night.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

As I keep saying, we need to cash in on James. Literally out for 2/3s of the season each season. I don’t think he does that much when he does play because he has no rhythm. But he’s an incredible talent. If clubs still want to pay 60-80 million…

There's no way we are getting that much for James, I'd be amazed if we got £40m

Starting 11

3 ex Brighton (Winstanley previous employer) £200m

2 ex Monaco (Stewart previous employer) £80m

1 ex Chitty academy (Shields previous employer) £45m

1 ex Shakhtar  player (Winstanley & Eggs’y) £85m

1 ex 6 months Benfica player and WC winner ( Todd Boehly  Ego buy) £105m

3 academy players (Neil Bath)

This scouting business is so tuff, can you imagine the thousand of manhours Winstanley, Lawrence and Shield did on player analysis on the players recruited. 

people are calling Poch a fraud, WTF are the gang of 3. 

Edited by ROTG

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

A bit of levity to improve our aching hearts. 

On Reddit an Evertonian posted a sad tale that his elderly Granddad had gone missing and was wearing an Everton scarf and rosette. 

He appealed to any match going Chelsea supporters to keep an eye out for him. 

It was all very sad but underneath a Chelsea supporting wag wrote in response:

"He'll turn up, everyone turns up when they play us" . 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

personally I think Poch thinks the players are a bunch of wankers too tbh 

• Agree 2

What a waste this season has been. All we had to do was sign a decent bloody forward to cover for Nkunku and none of this would likely be happening. You can compensate for most things on the pitch. But if you can’t score because you’re relying on a couple of bozos upfront then you are well and truly screwed. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

There's no way we are getting that much for James, I'd be amazed if we got £40m

The only big club who'd pay good money for such an injury prone player would be us. 

I honestly don't know where we go with him from here. As much as he's loved by the fans we can't afford to keep a player who's  missing so many games. 

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

I honestly don't know where we go with him from here. As much as he's loved by the fans we can't afford to keep a player who's  missing so many games. 

Yup. Terribly sad as he's a phenomenom. And his back up is injured too. Is it catching? 

By the way, not that he's the biggest problem, but Gallagher does two silly fouls in non dangerous situations against Brighton, then when it's crying out for a cynical foul, he lets McNeil run away from him. 

We have a team of fools. 

Edited by paulw66
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, asvaberg said:

For what is worth, me not being native English speaking, change word "lure" with tempt or invite.

Sorry if I intended to question you on your choice of words.I for one wouldn't know you were not a native english speaker - I wish I was as articulate.

• Thanks 1

We have so many good players, but perhaps as Lamps said the standards in training have dropped so much at this club… again there were flashes of good play, but there is no sync between these lads, a through pass is just a fraction too slow or badly timed, a run is missed etc. 

Look at McGinn! Good player, but comparing what we have he would never get into our team on paper. But then Villa team is built around him and he looks like he is world class. Henderson too for example!

P.S. These new EPL rules 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️how can they get away with so many fouls is beyond me.

• Like 1

Btw Mudryk… oh dear. So much potential, but so little ability unfortunately. The only trait he has is speed. And then compare him to Salah at Basel for example who cost like what £7M? If Mudryk cost that and did not work out it would be no problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bones said:

Btw Mudryk… oh dear. So much potential, but so little ability unfortunately. The only trait he has is speed. And then compare him to Salah at Basel for example who cost like what £7M? If Mudryk cost that and did not work out it would be no problem.

If Mudryk played in any other Premier League side under any other Premier league manager, except perhaps David Moyes, he'd look a better player than Pochettino has made him look. 

Mudryk is as green as they get but he's been ill served by the coward. 

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Starting 11

3 ex Brighton (Winstanley previous employer) £200m

2 ex Monaco (Stewart previous employer) £80m

1 ex Chitty academy (Shields previous employer) £45m

1 ex Shakhtar  player (Winstanley & Eggs’y) £85m

1 ex 6 months Benfica player and WC winner ( Todd Boehly  Ego buy) £105m

3 academy players (Neil Bath)

This scouting business is so tuff, can you imagine the thousand of manhours Winstanley, Lawrence and Shield did on player analysis on the players recruited. 

people are calling Poch a fraud, WTF are the gang of 3. 

The players are not bad themselves except a couple ones IMO (Mudryk, Jackson perhaps etc) BUT it is true that we had no poper scouting and just overpaid for the “flavour of the month” players.

Salah, De Bruyne, Curtois were all scouted for example. Even the likes of Hazard and Drogba were scouted properly even though big money was paid for them at the time. You could also say like Mikel, Malouda etc were fairly unknowns at the time.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

If Mudryk played in any other Premier League side under any other Premier league manager, except perhaps David Moyes, he'd look a better player than Pochettino has made him look. 

Mudryk is as green as they get but he's been ill served by the coward. 

Perhaps, but some of his technique is inexcusibly bad. I dont think that is managers fault that we cant pass or control the ball or shoot or… 🙂