JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

What a waste this season has been. All we had to do was sign a decent bloody forward to cover for Nkunku and none of this would likely be happening. You can compensate for most things on the pitch. But if you can’t score because you’re relying on a couple of bozos upfront then you are well and truly screwed. 

I blame Jackson for looking like the reincarnation of Drogba in pre-season. We stopped searching as a result. 

57 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Do we not have any more room to spend? I thought Roman wiped off such a large amount of debt that we had a lot of room to spend before it begins to bite us? 

Debt and FFP are two different things.

We're dangerously gambling with FFP disaster. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Sorry if I intended to question you on your choice of words.I for one wouldn't know you were not a native english speaker - I wish I was as articulate.

Truly, truly appreciated, kev61 (though my great grandmother was British, and she was born in 1820 - so I never got the opportunity to learn "native english" from her, ha ha)

Edited by asvaberg

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's so bad at every facet of coaching anyone and I mean anyone would be an upgrade. 

I cannot think of one area where we have improved, the defence doesn't defend better the midfield are clueless and the attack can't score or make goals. 

There isn't a "big name" manager who'd touch us after this horror of a season and I honestly expect this clown to push us hard towards relegation. 

I don't think we'll go down because there are a few sides who are currently in a worse position although that can change. 

We don't need a rocket scientist who wants to redesign the wheel we need someone who can coach footballers into a philosophy that they believe in. 

In a "getable" market I think the Fulham manager would improve us and has an idea in his head of how to coach a side although you could really pick a name out of a hat and come up a winner. 

You could do worse by sticking JT and Tiago Silva in charge. Let’s face it, could they be worse?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I think we could do with signing experienced attackers in January. Osimhen and Toney as strikers and 2 or 3 creators (but who?). 

But we’re going to have to spend around 200m to lure Toney and Osimhen. Besides, Toney has been out of first team football for several months and there’s no way of knowing how long it’ll take him to get to speed. As for Osimhen, I think our only chance of getting him was to show clear signs of progress on the pitch and CL qualification. He’d be nuts to want to come here on the basis of this season. 

5 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Nothing new. It’s pub talk tbh. Everyone here has said the same things. Not getting at you mate of course - thanks for sharing. 💯💙

Agree absolutely..everything in the piece has been posted here for a long time....it's not rocket science the mystery is why have the decision makers not seen what is obvious to everyone else ?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:

I blame Jackson for looking like the reincarnation of Drogba in pre-season. We stopped searching as a result. 

Debt and FFP are two different things.

We're dangerously gambling with FFP disaster

Particularly when you see some of the scale of transfer payment mechanisms allied to the long term contract arrangement. 

Sleep walking into calamity.

All went quiet. Not a protest, barely a murmur at matches given what they were doing with Roman and ultimately now what we are getting via a wholly inept bunch mortgaging the clubs future line a trading derivative.

The public gets what the public wants.

Just now, patThenevin said:

Particularly when you see some of the scale of transfer payments allied to the long term contract arrangement. 

Sleep walking into calamity.

Just like the majority of fans who said not a word in protest at the 'dont look there, look here' Tory government scapegoating of Roman. Remember that some of you lot getting itchy pants at rubber DiNgHiEs whilst a load of Tory pal bandits ride off with billions.

All went quiet. Not a protest, barely a murmur at matches give what they were doing with Roman.

Then again, a fair majority voted for the mob that did this (whilst cheering on mop headed clowns going to bunga parties in Italy at an ex chief of kgb whilst giving his son a lordship. Many cheered on the utter bs, contrived England first bs, sponsored by meetings at the Russian embassy with Aaron Banks Gbnews, dog whistled nonsense. Then again maybe I'm a loony left and the reality at chels and beyond just another thing to be ignored.

The public gets what the public wants.

All that is sponsored by the sheer incompetence of the zoolander characters now treating our club like a trading option.

This is bad, like really bad. Normally at the point we were at a few weeks ago someone would have stepped in, most of the time its a manager, if not then the captain and a few players, and if not them then the owner steps in to make the changes needed. We have done nothing from any corner of the club.

The players are not good enough, but that is ok in a way when looking at the age of key players, they were signed based on an analysis done on them and it was incorrect; yes they could try harder like lesser quality players do but if I'm honest I'm not sure asking them to play above their capacity is a good idea with already so many injuries. Last year's squad was stronger and some of our current players were needed to bolster that squad, not replace it.

The manager is not good enough, it is not ok, however he was given a job based on an analysis done which was incorrect; clearly a mistake has been made again, Potter to Pochettino has made no difference at all; if anything it has moved us backwards because in the footballing world Poch's name holds more weight than Potter meaning others will be starting to put us in the 'avoid list' of clubs to manage.

The owner/board/control of the club is not good enough, this is not ok; hopefully they are just learning their way but so far they haven't learnt a thing.

For those who feel last season's squad wasn't good enough, this season's is worse.

For those who feel last season's manager wasn't good enough, this season's is worse.

For those who believe the previous ownership wasn't good enough, turn your computer off and launch it out the top window; you're just bonkers.

Poch has basically said he doesn't think the players are good enough, yes they might not be good enough for top 4 but that doesn't mean it's ok for him to have his team sitting in 12th after 16 games; 7 points behind the bottom end of the competition in the league and 18 points off the top. Surely he must know how silly it sounds to be sitting so far down and claiming it's because the players aren't good enough to get higher up the table, why so many fans were angry last season was because we knew our squad was capable of so much more; this season they are still a 5-8th team; not a team which is 10 points off the relegation zone (lucky we didn't get a points reduction like Everton did). The worst thing in the world to have when the owners and players aren't good enough, it to have a manager who isn't good enough; and that is exactly what we have. He needs to go now, we need a new manager before the next transfer window, and not after when Poch has signed 7 more players all on 9 year contracts.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Gurj SS said:

This is bad, like really bad. Normally at the point we were at a few weeks ago someone would have stepped in, most of the time its a manager, if not then the captain and a few players, and if not them then the owner steps in to make the changes needed. We have done nothing from any corner of the club.

The players are not good enough, but that is ok in a way when looking at the age of key players, they were signed based on an analysis done on them and it was incorrect; yes they could try harder like lesser quality players do but if I'm honest I'm not sure asking them to play above their capacity is a good idea with already so many injuries. Last year's squad was stronger and some of our current players were needed to bolster that squad, not replace it.

The manager is not good enough, it is not ok, however he was given a job based on an analysis done which was incorrect; clearly a mistake has been made again, Potter to Pochettino has made no difference at all; if anything it has moved us backwards because in the footballing world Poch's name holds more weight than Potter meaning others will be starting to put us in the 'avoid list' of clubs to manage.

The owner/board/control of the club is not good enough, this is not ok; hopefully they are just learning their way but so far they haven't learnt a thing.

For those who feel last season's squad wasn't good enough, this season's is worse.

For those who feel last season's manager wasn't good enough, this season's is worse.

For those who believe the previous ownership wasn't good enough, turn your computer off and launch it out the top window; you're just bonkers.

Poch has basically said he doesn't think the players are good enough, yes they might not be good enough for top 4 but that doesn't mean it's ok for him to have his team sitting in 12th after 16 games; 7 points behind the bottom end of the competition in the league and 18 points off the top. Surely he must know how silly it sounds to be sitting so far down and claiming it's because the players aren't good enough to get higher up the table, why so many fans were angry last season was because we knew our squad was capable of so much more; this season they are still a 5-8th team; not a team which is 10 points off the relegation zone (lucky we didn't get a points reduction like Everton did). The worst thing in the world to have when the owners and players aren't good enough, it to have a manager who isn't good enough; and that is exactly what we have. He needs to go now, we need a new manager before the next transfer window, and not after when Poch has signed 7 more players all on 9 year contracts.

A brutal evaluation of where we are...but true.Change is needed asap but I understand why it wont happen until January unless we already have a new manager in the wings.

There is  no way forward for Poch.He is not totally to blame but he has not improved the team in any way,and the things he says after the games are just cringeworthy.

There many here who said he was a busted flush a long time ago and they were right.

With all the pessimism  there is hope on the horizon...Nkunku  might be back for xmas and all our problems will be solved, or the straws we are clutching will disappear like a lot of our Hope's.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kev61 said:

With all the pessimism  there is hope on the horizon...Nkunku  might be back for xmas and all our problems will be solved, or the straws we are clutching will disappear like a lot of our Hope's.

I’m not as pessimistic as others. I think we have the basis of a good side. Disasi, Badashiele, Colwill, Caicedo, Lavia and Enzo are all top young players. If we had Chilwell and James fully fit that would be the basis of a solid defensive unit. Maybe all we need is an experienced centre back to replace Silva as that’s a lot of young defenders still. The question at the back is that James and Chilwell can’t stay fit. That’s going to be a big call on whether we decide to look at full back options. I like Gusto though who could develop into a really good right back. 

I’ve actually been pretty impressed by Sanchez. His distribution needs work on, but he’s pulled off some saves that Kepa simply wouldn’t have.

The problems really start in the forward positions. Nkunku and Palmer are the only ones I’d say that look like they can be regular starters. Ideally we need two proven centre forwards and a goal scoring winger/attacking midfielder. If I was the Board that’s where I’d blow most of the budget in the next couple of windows.  Plenty can be moved on to help balance the books. Jackson, Broja, Maatsen, Chalobah, Cucurella, Madueke, Ugochukwa,  as well as others on loan.

If we could get someone like Toney in January and go all out for another striker in the summer we’d be plugging a big hole upfront. So I don’t think we should panic just yet. 

Edited by Original 21
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, east lower said:

You could do worse by sticking JT and Tiago Silva in charge. Let’s face it, could they be worse?

You could pep in charge of that squad and nothing would change. 

mid table players gives you a mid table team.

If poch can’t get 54pts this season then he goes in the summer.  

Also beware of what you want. Southgate and Holland are available in the summer 😳

37 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I think we have the basis of a good side. Disasi, Badashiele, Colwill, Caicedo, Lavia and Enzo are all top young players. I

Those who have owned a rescued dog which had been badly treated as a puppy know the dog will always cower. Unfortunately these young players are getting a whipping week after week and eventually will break them. Absolutely insane recruitment policy. 

I remember a few seasons ago when we were linked with signing Hakimi and there were plenty having a piss and moan about spending so much on a RB when we already had Reece James.

My point is that football fans are often fickle and entirely clueless when it comes to what they feel is acceptable. It doesn't take long for tones to change. I mean you only need to see the first summer ownership had here and the initial thoughts about the likes of Sterling, Koulibaly, Cucurella, etc. Fast forward a few months and the majority wanted these guys binned and out of he club immediately. 

There is no magic fix-all solution. We can't even find consistency to build upon because we're either always needing to accomodate injuries, suspensions, form, and then just your regular rotation.

The bit is far too big for some of these players to take between their teeth. There's no shame in that, a lot are young, inexperienced and are being asked to perform beyond their immediate capabilities. This is why the floor level of the team itself has dropped. It was expected, and unsurprising that it's also happened. 

We've gotta get through to the January window, then hope ownership provide the manager a few more established options in key areas of the side to help raise that floor. I've said before, and still feel unchanged about it, but we do have a solid nucleus of players on board already, it's now gotta be about adding floor raisers to the equation. This is where I'll be interested to see what ownership do.

• Like 1