JaneB

Matchday prediction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Everton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

8 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Anyway, if this was his first game we'd all be raving about him.

No we would, one dimensional poor player who only attribute is his speed. 

he is totally ineffective when teams play the low block. 

One can only assume the reason for poch playing Mudyrk is part of Poch’s look at the dross you have given me, now is the time to back me or sack me at his Christmas Dinner with the owners 

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Of course they are comparable. 
Emenalo had several years under his belt working in technical capacities at clubs before he came to Chelsea. His primary job as to restructure the scouting and recruitment the rest is history on his ability of player scouting and recruitment. 

Let’s put it like this, Emenalo didn’t come to Chelsea with a list of players from his previous employer and hoodwink the owners they are doing real scouting and recruitment work. 

The club had a successful first team, until the gang of 3 decided to dismantle, so it for championship level players, therefore you stammer is more fiction than fact

Ah yes, the highly esteemed Tucson Soccer Academy. Such a prestigious pole to hang ones hat on, how could I forget.

Emenalo also didn't step into a club that wanted to entirely rebuild itself, trying to use him a some sort of benchmark completely ignores the distinctively different environments from then to now. No one is disputing he uncovered some good talent, or players in general, but we only discovered how good they were over time - save for maybe Hazard. This includes the several we opted to sell early and never got to fully benefit from as they peaked elsewhere.

Since you're so against people using prior knowledge and information from past employment, I presume you hate when managers bring their own staff across with them? How about managers signing players they're familiar with from past clubs? Like, I bet you were absolutely fuming when Mourinho got us to sign Carvalho, Ferreira, Maniche, etc having managed them prior. 

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Since you're so against people using prior knowledge and information from past employment, I presume you hate when managers bring their own staff across with them? How about managers signing players they're familiar with from past clubs? Like, I bet you were absolutely fuming when Mourinho got us to sign Carvalho, Ferreira, Maniche, etc having managed them prior. 

What a bizarre statement are you losing the plot. 

Managers bringing in players is normal. I can remember a club letting scouts buy an entire squad without any input from the first team coach/manager?

Maybe you can google a gem of an example somewhere?

25 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Ah yes, the highly esteemed Tucson Soccer Academy. Such a prestigious pole to hang ones hat on, how could I forget.

Emenalo also didn't step into a club that wanted to entirely rebuild itself, trying to use him a some sort of benchmark completely ignores the distinctively different environments from then to now

Another fantasy.

Emenalo was degree educated with a full fifa licence and been working in a technical role at his previous employer. 

Remind me of the qualifications Lawrance and Stewart have between them and how many player have they actually recruited which were not on their previous employers payroll?

Edited by ROTG

6 hours ago, Dwmh said:

So why the heck did we do it?  And pack off all the players who would have made a difference to City, United, Arsenal, Barca and RM?

You said previously that you'd lost interest when Abramovich had the club taken from him so I'm going to take that as you hadn't watched the club under Potter and the players that have left for pastures new.

The players were packed off for a variety of reasons , age , ability and more importantly they stunk the division out with their attitude and incompetence and made this current lot look like Brazil 70 in comparison , players like RLC who only started "playing" when the Madrid scouts were watching , Azpi a fine , fine player who was just completely gassed , Havertz who was , well , pathetic in the true sense of the word , Kovacic who played like he wanted to be anywhere else and already had one eye on the exit , Mount who's shooting  would have shamed Jonny Wilkinson he went over the bar so many times , Lukaku the most un-introspective person the world has produced who wanted the ball played with laser guided efficiency or he wouldn't run for it , Werner , hugely likeable , the enthusiasm of  a Labrador puppy with the footballing ability of a Labrador puppy , I could go on . It was not good. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, ROTG said:

What a bizarre statement are you losing the plot. 

Managers bringing in players is normal. I can remember a club letting scouts buy an entire squad without any input from the first team coach/manager?

Maybe you can google a gem of an example somewhere?

So now it's about buying an entire squad. How about sticking to the point of discussion rather than dragging out your little game of twister from the cupboard yet again. 

31 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Another fantasy.

Emenalo was degree educated with a full fifa licence and been working in a technical role at his previous employer. 

Remind me of the qualifications Lawrance and Stewart have between them and how many player have they actually recruited which were not on their previous employers payroll?

And remind me again where that was? Oh yeah, Tucson Soccer Academy. 

Last I checked Laurence Stewart was one person and not two. Formerly of Monaco and Leipzig, graduated from John Moores University Liverpool with a degree in science and football. Has worked at Hull, the FA, Man City, Everton, Leipzig and then eventually the Red Bull network, and as mentioned before Monaco.

We've signed Badashile (Monaco), Disasi (Monaco), Leipzig (Nkunku) and Palmer (Man City). I think most would be satisfied with all of these signings, with Nkunku to still be assessed of course. 

It's almost as if using prior knowledge can be beneficial, who'd have thunk.

34 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

We've signed Badashile (Monaco), Disasi (Monaco), Leipzig (Nkunku) and Palmer (Man City). I think most would be satisfied with all of these signings, with Nkunku to still be assessed of course. 

Wow

4/16 signings are good good signings

9 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Looking at the extended highlights from the game.

Is it me or does Jackson look more and more "Lukaku MK III" ?

No 

Like him or loath him Lukaku has scored hatfuls of goals throughout his career. 

Jackson is a poor mans Adebayor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Looking at the extended highlights from the game.

Is it me or does Jackson look more and more "Lukaku MK III" ?

I think there's a player in there somewhere but like many of our players when they have a stinker , they really have a stinker !

He does on occasion look like he has the anticipation of a brick , but when there appears to be no rhyme or reason to what we do in attack it's no surprise he often doesn't know where he should be as they're clearly not being coached in patterns of play as nobody knows where to run , when to run or where to be. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think there's a player in there somewhere but like many of our players when they have a stinker , they really have a stinker !

He does on occasion look like he has the anticipation of a brick , but when there appears to be no rhyme or reason to what we do in attack it's no surprise he often doesn't know where he should be as they're clearly not being coached in patterns of play as nobody knows where to run , when to run or where to be. 

Unfortunately he is what is written on the label a £20m Bournemouth level player.  TBH I doubt he would even make Bournemouths level now. 

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Wow

4/16 signings are good good signings

You tried to "make a point" in the hopes of highlighting bad purchases made on the basis of Stewarts prior history at other clubs, yet now look a little silly so have decided to move the goal posts once more.

Toodles.

45 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Last I checked Laurence Stewart was one person and not two. Formerly of Monaco and Leipzig, graduated from John Moores University Liverpool with a degree in science and football.

A degree in science and football and from a university in Liverpool says it all really. At least if thing go south he can get a job as a PE teacher. 

8 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

You tried to "make a point" in the hopes of highlighting bad purchases made on the basis of Stewarts prior history at other clubs, yet now look a little silly so have decided to move the goal posts once more.

Toodles.

The only point you made is that Stewart spent £200m on average players with Zero PL miles on the clock. 

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

A degree in science and football and from a university in Liverpool says it all really. At least if thing go south he can get a job as a PE teacher. 

Lol.

12 minutes ago, ROTG said:

The only point you made is that Stewart spent £200m on average players with Zero PL miles on the clock. 

Ahh, so we're changing the criteria again to now requiring PL miles. 

Hard to keep up with such twisting and turning, no wonder you're the twister champion on here. 

8 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Evolution takes time, Max. That's kinda the point. Why would my core belief of this project change after 6 months of a season? Has it gone to plan? Not at all. Am I shocked by our plight? Again, not in the slightest. Everything that's occurred thus far I kinda presumed would happen and therefore accounted for that in terms of my expectations. 

Us being worse now than last season has merit, but again also not a big shock when you consider we swapped out a group of inconstant established players with higher base levels, for a group of young talented players that have arguably higher potential talent but lower floors. All while the side has constantly chopped and changed because of injuries and suspensions. 

There was no continuity leading into all this, so to then expect the squad in the current environment to go and produce continuity was never likely. 

None of this means I agree with every decision ownership or manager have made, there's several things I'm not fond of, but I'm willing to see what unfolds with a bit more due course. Add a couple of established floor raisers to this group and there's every possibility the tide can be turned, so I'll be curious to see what the next couple of transfer windows look like. If it's still signing the sort of demographic we've done, then I'll be far more critical of this whole venture. 

Again - the fact you are "not shocked" just shows how detached from reality you are. Every other fan in world football is "shocked" at how Chelsea are doing - you are the enlightened, long-termist, logical one? Please. Evolutions take time but they require nuanced thinking to navigate rapidly changing environments, especially in football. Yes they require patience too, but we are half way through the season. I'll hold you too some more honest criticism when we continue signing kids.

17 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Depends. If you're looking for something enjoyable to watch, then this isn't for you. If you want to watch to try and spot some areas of improvement, then this probably isn't for you either. If you're after something that may lower your spirits and overall mood, then this is for you!

Honestly, though, I wouldn't go out of your way to watch it as it was all highly predictable in the end. It went pretty much how I personally expected it to go. We dominated possession throughout, without creating any real chances. We lost some more players to injury. Everton didn't really do anything in the game, but just waited patiently for us to give them some half decent chances as we always do, which they took and won the game.

I compromised and watched the first half and the extended highlights. Your summary is perfect. To me, it simply emphasised what we have all known all season. We don't have reliable natural finishers in this team. If we had been able to bring in the likes of, say, Watkins, we might have been 5-10 points better off. Small margins.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

I compromised and watched the first half and the extended highlights. Your summary is perfect. To me, it simply emphasised what we have all known all season. We don't have reliable natural finishers in this team. If we had been able to bring in the likes of, say, Watkins, we might have been 5-10 points better off. Small margins.

It's funny you mentioned Watkins as he's scored loads this season and it's mainly down to the fact that the first thing Emery did when he arrived at Villa was to sit him down and tell him to stop working so hard in the build up as it's taking his focus away from where he should be when the ball was played in , he always had a good attitude and desire but never scored enough and now with some actual coaching (imagine that) he's improved again and is a regular scorer. 

Maybe Poch should try some of this mythical "coaching" ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, east lower said:

Personally, thought we the better team when 11 v 11, maybe 10 mins at the start of the game where Brighton hung onto the ball? Could have been out of site by the time their first went in. He said (RDZ) that they were better for the entire match, that’s why I took it as a little bitter. There again and as the Vince Lombardi saying goes “show me a good looser and I’ll show you a loser”. 

Still think he’s a bit twisted though 😉

Bringing that up has made me think of the games we played well in and should have won. I think our truly torrid play has only come in recent games, problem is in the prior games we were still not picking up points despite playing better.

Here is my opinion, do people agree or disagree with me:

Liverpool H - Should have won, missed good chances
West Ham A - Should have won, missed a penalty to go 2-1 up
Forest H - Should have won, missed good chances
Bourenmouth A - Can't remember, probably should have won missed chances
Villa H - Should have won, missed good chances, needless red card
Arsenal H - Should have won, 2-0 up, missed good chances, unenforced error conceded a goal
Brentford H - Should have won, missed good chances
City H - Should have won, 2-1 up, missed good chances

Potentially a maximum of 21 points thrown away. A clinical striker and attacking midfielder would have us in the Top 6 and in the CL qualification discussion. If we achieved the theoretical maximum of 21 points we would be top by 3 points.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Max Fowler said:

Again - the fact you are "not shocked" just shows how detached from reality you are. Every other fan in world football is "shocked" at how Chelsea are doing - you are the enlightened, long-termist, logical one? Please. Evolutions take time but they require nuanced thinking to navigate rapidly changing environments, especially in football. Yes they require patience too, but we are half way through the season. I'll hold you too some more honest criticism when we continue signing kids.

It's less being "detached from reality", and more just being aware of what we are. I'd liken it to say supporting a side being promoted from the Championship. You wouldn't go into the PL season expecting a high finish because you know the make up of the squad, the strengths, weaknesses and that the immediate quality isn't quite there. So if you then finish lowly, or get relegated again, it's hardly a shock to the system. 

Just like I didn't, and I'm sure you were no different, didn't go into this season expecting to win the league. 

2 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

It's less being "detached from reality", and more just being aware of what we are. I'd liken it to say supporting a side being promoted from the Championship. You wouldn't go into the PL season expecting a high finish because you know the make up of the squad, the strengths, weaknesses and that the immediate quality isn't quite there. So if you then finish lowly, or get relegated again, it's hardly a shock to the system. 

Just like I didn't, and I'm sure you were no different, didn't go into this season expecting to win the league. 

What a strange comparison, especially given we are literally closer to Championship than Champions League.

But that's the literal reality isn't it - your expectations are now no different from a Luton fan. You've now set your expectations so low that you can argue anything we do on the pitch is to be expected - to save yourself the pain of confronting how we are actually doing.

18 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

What a strange comparison, especially given we are literally closer to Championship than Champions League.

But that's the literal reality isn't it - your expectations are now no different from a Luton fan. You've now set your expectations so low that you can argue anything we do on the pitch is to be expected - to save yourself the pain of confronting how we are actually doing.

I wonder who these "insiders" are , particularly when they must surely have contributed to the "disaster" to some degree.