Chelsea 1 Newcastle United 1 (Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties)

JaneB

5 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Me too! I don’t understand what’s happened.

Im putting it down to Christmas, or we’ve been so poor for long enough that our expectations have dropped sufficiently that nothing can hurt us anymore and so it’s just about watching a match of football.

It could just be the wine.

Gin in my case. 

• Like 1

At least I can turn over soon from watching the truly awful BBC SPOTY which back in the day used to be one of my favourite TV events.

I'm actually my own worst enemy, I have the sound down and watch in horror at what it's become, which is mostly a load of chat, but then again that's what the BBC sports coverage is nowadays.

And someone is due to win who hasn't actually won anything this year.

Come on Chelsea, spare me from this drivel!!!

• Agree 2

Whew..all out of kilter this week..thought the game was tomorrow!,,was trying to plot my way through panic shopping tomorrow !....due to "health complications" delayed Monday and Today shopping!...is this a bit of luck or just the Football Gods pulling my p.....r?

From the Beeb:

Chelsea v Newcastle (20:00 GMT)

Chelsea will have the shortest recovery time over Christmas, with 139.5 hours between their first Premier League kick-off (on Christmas Eve) and third kick-off (on 30 December), while Brighton have the most with 283.5 hours - double that of Chelsea.

Brighton play their pre-Christmas game on Thursday, three days before the Blues, and their final one on 2 January, three days after the Blues.

Poch is juggling the players. Leave Enzo out last time and Mudryck this time.

Sort of watching the ESPN (stream)build up here...listing of the Newcastle crippling injury list but unless I missed it no Chelsea list,,,sound off,,,guess who the commentators are? (Not sure what coverage there is in UK and elsewhere)

I am looking forward with interest to see how our keeper plays under pressure from a half decent side.

Aside...now Cooper is gone...who is the less than handsome winner in the good looks table?

The issue with this team, the defenders, (CBs) spend too much time with the ball. We do not have intelligent players at the back. None of them are good enough . Give the ball to your midfielders and stop the sideways and back-passes  to the goalies. I am tired of the entire backline 

That was from our throw in down by the corner flag, for a start, then the terrible pass back by Caicedo (I think it was him), Wilson then has 2 defenders to beat, he beats Silva with pace, but Badiashile saves the day by stepping across to take the ball off Wilson… then, forgets how to use his feet. Jesus wept.