Chelsea 0 Fulham 0

My Blood Is Blue

36 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

New forum, same old Holymoly

Yeah right I'm being patronising. I'm also supporting the players and coaches rather than calling for the manager to be kicked out for not making us into Real Madrid in half a season. Maybe you should play a little less Football Manager and join the rest of us in the real world? Sorry if I hurt your feelings but I take supporting my club seriously.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

Yeah right I'm being patronising. I'm also supporting the players and coaches rather than calling for the manager to be kicked out for not making us into Real Madrid in half a season. Maybe you should play a little less Football Manager and join the rest of us in the real world? Sorry if I hurt your feelings but I take supporting my club seriously.

Matters not whether I agree or disagree with Hm (or anyone) I would rather see opinions and viewpoints I emphatically disagree with (or not) than keep clicking on a 404 error day after day!

We are all here because of our Chelsea loyalty.... and guys...just keep those handbags swinging! No passion no real interest!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

At least we’re not conceding 😞

I watched the second half and we looked quite poor. No control of the match. Did like Enzo though. 

Also, I love Gallagher’s energy but it feels that the ball is running away from him - always. Doesn’t have much composure on the ball

He is a bit like a dog chasing a balloon at times, but let's remember that Kante was not blessed with top class technical ability either but had enough about him to make up for that. Rightly or wrongly, I have a bit more patience with our lads trying to make it at the club, so I hope he gets another season to see if he can improve enough to warrant a long-term place in the squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

He is a bit like a dog chasing a balloon at times, but let's remember that Kante was not blessed with top class technical ability either but had enough about him to make up for that. Rightly or wrongly, I have a bit more patience with our lads trying to make it at the club, so I hope he gets another season to see if he can improve enough to warrant a long-term place in the squad. 

Tend to agree with you about Conor...also, good coaching utilises the strengths of a player so hopefully his strengths can be emphasised (and improved) on the pitch to the benefit of team performance.

28 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Yeah right I'm being patronising. I'm also supporting the players and coaches rather than calling for the manager to be kicked out for not making us into Real Madrid in half a season.

Im more bothered about him turning us into a mid table side than I am about what he's not doing.

28 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Maybe you should play a little less Football Manager and join the rest of us in the real world? Sorry if I hurt your feelings but I take supporting my club seriously.

Just why do you get so hurt when someone doesn't agree with you?

As for the last bit, you couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried, just don't know how some of you have got away with it for so long and others get banned for life. 

I apologise if I don't take supposing your club seriously enough for your liking. I'll try to take it more serious In the future. Whilst I'm spending  thousands of pounds a year, travelling all across Europe to follow them I'll have a think about what more I can do 👍🏻

22 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

As for the last bit, you couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried, just don't know how some of you have got away with it for so long and others get banned for life. 

Quite. It's always been a tactic of the tedious proper football blokes on here to get the hump and then pretend that it's not them who has a problem, it's just that they're too real for snowflakes who don't live in the real world. Fortunately they're a minority, a very small one so far on the new forum, and most people can be disagreed with in good humour.

Personally, I think the response to you is far more damning about Potter than anything you've actually said. Because it doesn't even attempt to counter anything you've said, just to slag you off. If that's really the best defence of Potter that can be made ... Jesus.

6 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I'm amazed at your argument. According to you Potter should have been making subs after 10 minutes? Rather than giving the players time to gel? I suppose you're a child of the Abramovich school of thought and you see any alternative approach to club ownership where people are allowed time to orientate themselves to new surroundings as a sign of weakness. Your way of doing things means we don't have deBruyne or Salah playing for us. And yes I realise the Roman empire was very successful for us however bear in mind it arose from a stable spine of Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba from which the ephemeral ornaments were allowed to come and go. I'm prepared to give them all time, players and coaches. Certainly to the end of the season before flinging the baby out with the bathwater.

Honestly, if I wasn't interested in remaining civil I'd tell you where to go after reading that. 

I'm all for having constructive conversation and always try to provide reasoning for my views, even if it results on opinions not aligning. But I'm not going to sit here and waste my time trying to do that if this is how you're going present yourself and speak to me. Next time leave the condescending quips at the door if you want to actually discuss the matter. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

He’ll win far more duels than Jorginho does. He showed that in just one game last night. I agree we will see better from him with a more defensive minded partner. The links to Amrabat on deadline day, suggests the club also realise this.

I cannot see any world where Jorginho will be a better defensively than Enzo though. Maybe tactically in terms of what he doesn’t do, but not dynamically in terms of the task of doing it. 

Maybe, maybe not. It really all depends on just how Enzo is used moving forward. If he is utilised in the manner in which he was at Benfica then he isn't going to have the same defensive impact that Jorginho at, which is evident both visually and statistically when comparing both in that period of time. If the idea is for him to literally be a like-for-like replacement and used in the same manner, then there's a chance he'll do better in some areas and maybe less so in others. Time will ultimately showcase this. 

Truthfully, I hope Enzo doesn't have the same impact defensively as Jorginho because that'll likely mean we're wasting some of his best qualities as a player. I want to be seeing him with that freedom to get forward more often and pulling some strings closer to goal, where he can also be a goal threat himself.

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

More or less agree. I'd like to see Gallagher around for the foreseeable future really, he's a good squad option and if he can be harnessed has the ability to a an impactful player in the right environment. I really do like that he's capable of injecting energy into the side and is generally aways trying to make something happen. 

16 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Every manager is going to be a punt from now on, so what do we do with the next one, give them a year to turn things around and sack them if they don't?  

Sounds about right although I think a year is too long which I know will have financial consequences.

The potter situation is bit more complicated because of the upheaval the club has went through.

We are starting to get quality players back from injury,added to that the money spent on new players Potter needs to significantly improve the team before the end of the season,and when I say significantly I mean top three form.

It is my opinion he wont.The more I think of it the more I think Tuchel would have been a better choice as coach in a complete rebuild.

16 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Next time leave the condescending quips at the door if you want to actually discuss the matter. 

Apparently one isn't allowed to discuss the issue without signing up to your mindset. If I support the manager and the players I'm told categorically I'm wrong to do so in a belittling fashion. Maybe frame your arguments in a manner you'd like to be replied to. Anyway, hopefully  we can move on now to West Ham and Dortmund?