Chelsea 0 Fulham 0

My Blood Is Blue

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Enzo will start. We have little else

Kepa, Azpi, Silva, Badiashile, Cucu, Enzo, Gallagher, Mount, Havertz, Mudryk, Ziyech (!)

Subs: GK, James, Chilwell, KK, RLC, Sterling, Hall, Fofana II, Modueke 

Have I missed anyone?

Chalobah and Chukwuemeka but perhaps you don't think they will be involved.  I suspect both will be in the squad personally, and would probably start James or Chalobah over Azpi,  as Fulham have Antonee Robinson and William on their left side.  

I'd be inclined to go....

Kepa, James, Silva, Badiashille, Cucu, Enzo, Chuk, Gallagher, Mudryk, Havertz, Mount

Mount and Gallagher rotating between who's in the front 3 and who drops in as an 8.  Could be difficult for Fulham to pick up.   Reece to get 60 minutes (although do also see merit in doing this the other way around and bringing him on for 30 mins) and Sterling / Chilwell to also get some minutes, score-line permitting. 

20 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So maybe Enzo will start... otherwise it's a RLC - Gallagher pivot.

Dear god, the pundits will love that, although there is a fair old chance that the starting XI won't be hugely different from the last game

20 hours ago, Thiago97 said:

In theory, there is no reason why RLC cannot produce an Obi Mikel type role.

Of course Mikel was an established international who captained his country. Whenever I see Ruben on the Chelsea stream on YouTube he comes across as a fairly niaive, adolescent individual for a 27 year old. The guy is clearly a considerable athlete however he is injury prone and unable to maintain any degree of form over a period of time.

Just now, Holymoly said:

I hope we don't make the same mistake and start James (or Chilwell for that matter).

They have to play at some point.......although, agree, need to be cautious, especially with James as he is so far ahead of the next best alternative. 

This would be my personal choice for tonight, based on who is currently available, who has only just returned from long-term injury and who has yet to receive international clearance (may have happened now and we don't know yet, but as I type, no official word)

If Reece James does play, it should be last 30 or so minutes, NOT the first 60 or so.
Gone 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 because RLC and Gallagher as the deepest two midfielders doesn't fill me with any sort of confidence. Adding Mount to make it a three adds a little more strength to the midfield. All three will need to be disciplined (can Conor do 'disciplined'?)

I'd start with Ziyech on the right for three reasons... firstly to show him that while he remains at Chelsea, he's a valued member of the squad; secondly because he's actually done OK the last few games; thirdly Sterling is just coming back from injury and should get the last 30 mins, not the first 60.

chelsea-starting-xi-202223-41e1da1088fb43104013f935a582cf43.jpg

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They have to play at some point.......although, agree, need to be cautious, especially with James as he is so far ahead of the next best alternative. 

They do, but they should be earning their immediate minutes from the bench until they develop a decent degree of actual match fitness first. 

Curious to see how Potter manages both.

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

This would be my personal choice for tonight, based on who is currently available, who has only just returned from long-term injury and who has yet to receive international clearance (may have happened now and we don't know yet, but as I type, no official word)

No official word as you say Bob, but widely reported yesterday evening that he did indeed train and is in the squad tonight.  Given RLC is coming back from injury himself (and hasn't played since November I might add!) I'd chuck Enzo straight in. 

27 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

If Reece James does play, it should be last 30 or so minutes, NOT the first 60 or so.
Gone 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 because RLC and Gallagher as the deepest two midfielders doesn't fill me with any sort of confidence. Adding Mount to make it a three adds a little more strength to the midfield. All three will need to be disciplined (can Conor do 'disciplined'?)

I'd start with Ziyech on the right for three reasons... firstly to show him that while he remains at Chelsea, he's a valued member of the squad; secondly because he's actually done OK the last few games; thirdly Sterling is just coming back from injury and should get the last 30 mins, not the first 60.

chelsea-starting-xi-202223-41e1da1088fb43104013f935a582cf43.jpg

It would be so Chelsea for Ziyech to start and score! 

46 minutes ago, Rob B said:

No official word as you say Bob, but widely reported yesterday evening that he did indeed train and is in the squad tonight.  Given RLC is coming back from injury himself (and hasn't played since November I might add!) I'd chuck Enzo straight in. 

Don't get me wrong; if Enzo genuinely is available, then he starts.

I just find it odd that for every journo/twiterati saying Enzo trained, there's another saying he didn't. Add to that that while there are photos of Mudryck, Madueke and D Fofana training (I'm not going to count Badiashile, now, given he's played two full 90 minute games... but he featured too) whilst the new owners watch on, there wasn't a single picture of the most expensive footballer in English football history in a blue tracksuit running around Cobham!

11 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Well, there’s a joy. Finished early in Dublin, and looking to get home early so I can watch the match on the telly. Aer Lingus say I can’t amend the flight, BA has to - but loads of flights are available. BA offers no change on the website, and hangs up when I phone. Reconciled to a long day in departures then watching the match on record. Baa humbug.

In the event, managed to charm the check in clerk to move me to an early flight for free (BA wanted £231). Viva Aer Lingus! Really looking forward to tonight, and praying that Fulham get hammered.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Does it really matter if Enzo trained? He was in the Benfica squad to play Monday evening before being withdrawn , he must be fit enough and one session with Potter isn't going to raise his game from RLC levels to Messi .

It's not to do with the training session itself Mark, it's to do with his clearance.  He can't train without this, hence the spotlight on whether he was there or not!  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It's not to do with the training session itself Mark, it's to do with his clearance.  He can't train without this, hence the spotlight on whether he was there or not!  

Ahh I see , well in that respect you can bet your bottom dollar the powers that be will be dragging their feet then

54 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Exactly!

If he was training yesterday, it would mean he had received his clearances (specifically a work permit from HMG). That the most expensive player in PL history wasn't photographed with the other new signings suggests that, as of yesterday, it hadn't come through. I believe the deadline is 16:00h today

Enzo missing a training session won't suddenly turn him into Bakayoko, so I'm not concerned about that per se.

2 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

Given you posted a tweet yesterday confirming Enzo was at training when clearly he wasn't, I'm going to take the above with a pinch of salt.

All AbsoluteChelsea are doing are retweeting a foreign ITK saying "documentation has arrived"

That "documentation" may well be referring to the transfer documents from late Tuesday night on deadline day, for all you know. Or are you saying this foreign ITK is ahead of everyone else when it comes to HMG issuing work permits?

9 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Given you posted a tweet yesterday confirming Enzo was at training when clearly he wasn't, I'm going to take the above with a pinch of salt.

All AbsoluteChelsea are doing are retweeting a foreign ITK saying "documentation has arrived"

That "documentation" may well be referring to the transfer documents from late Tuesday night on deadline day, for all you know. Or are you saying this foreign ITK is ahead of everyone else when it comes to HMG issuing work permits?

No probs

7 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I don't care if he didn't train with the squad yet. If he's fit, he starts. It's crucial that he does. I have no confidence in our other options to be able to beat the press. 

No

Potter and Reid had 12 days to coach the existing squad. 
We are at home and playing Fulham a promoted team from the championship.

we should not be relying on £100m player signed two days ago to beat them.