Chelsea 0 Fulham 0

My Blood Is Blue

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 0 Fulham 0

We had chances - 2 from Havertz in the first half and Fofana in the 2nd, just couldn't convert.

New players need time to bed in, along with James and Chilwell coming back from injuries.  Slightly disappointed with the draw (some false hope of everything magically clicking from the new signings), but the new guys look encouraging.

Disappointed with Mount, Cucurella and Ziyech (less so) today.

Edited by SideshowLuiz

absolute toilet. 

12 days of coaching to produce that performance. Potter and Reid are clueless and out of their comfort zone. 

Edited by ROTG
Got up at 1am to watch that toilet. Now have 1 hour sleep before I have to preach to the congregation.
  • Haha 2

The positives are we look much better defensively. Three clean sheets in a row and much of that down to impact of Badiashille. He looks composed, quick, athletic and strengthens us aerially . Early days , but he already looks an upgrade in many departments to koulibaly.

We still just cannot create many chances. Fulham were excellent to be fair, but we should still be working Leno more.

I like the look of Madueke. Plays with character and I was pleasantly surprised by his size. He looked a powerful wide man.

• Like 1

Absolutely rubbish.

Nothing do with new players either, this is a recurring theme under Potter. Completely clueless at literally everything. No way in a million years Potter is here next season. I would bet my house on it.

Badiashile looks like a serious player though, reminds me of a young Van Dijk.

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Absolutely rubbish.

Nothing do with new players either, this is a recurring theme under Potter. Completely clueless at literally everything. No way in a million years Potter is here next season. I would bet my house on it.

It wasn’t great. Sometimes you got to hold your hands up and credit the opposition too though. 

I thought there were signs of better things to come after the Liverpool game, but not after tonight.

No matter who we play, new or old, we still have so many players who look nowhere near the level we need to get back being a title chasing team.  

After all the hype, another hugely dissappointing performance.🙁

Disappointing result. Not much attacking fluidity, but that will come. Good debut from Enzo and outstanding from Silva and Badiashile. 

Had Tete been playing for us he would have been sent off rather than given MOM. Noni showed promise, but is a bit raw, as is Fofana. 

Mount and Gallagher provided the necessary dynamism in midfield, but we still appear to be under-coached in incisive attack.

I'll take a few positives from that.

Badiashile brilliant. Madueke looked really lively and Fofana worked hard when he came on. Enzo gives so much more in the middle which we have needed. Gave the ball away a couple of times but only because he was trying to thread a pass which I'm fine with. Mudryk not fit but will get there.

Chilwell and James back and will be fully fit and flying again soon. James definitely wasn’t fully fit tonight.

Still need to be more creative but the new wingers are completely different to the ones we have had for the last few years so when they are sharp we will be flying.

1 minute ago, martin1905 said:

Absolutely rubbish.

Commentator said Potter has not beaten a team above him all season. Says it all really. 

I used to call Sarri a buffoon. That mantle now goes to Potter and Reid.

I am no fan of silva but the passion he shows on the sidelines gets transmitted to his players on the pitch.  Unlike our lethargic duo of Potter and Reid. 

We may never achieve anything under Potter as Martin thinks but we will absolutely positively definitely not push on playing the cadaver that is Havertz as a centre forward , DD Fofana is already better than him after twenty minutes of first team football for us .

Every time he got the ball in the first half he was offside even two seconds after kick off. He is an absolute whopper of a player almost as useless as Lukaku . I'd swap him for a bag of eighty year old balls tomorrow.