Chelsea 0 Fulham 0

My Blood Is Blue

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

We may never achieve anything under Potter as Martin thinks but we will absolutely positively definitely not push on playing the cadaver that is Havertz as a centre forward , DD Fofana is already better than him after twenty minutes of first team football for us .

Every time he got the ball in the first half he was offside even two seconds after kick off. He is an absolute whopper of a player almost as useless as Lukaku . I'd swap him for a bag of eighty year old balls tomorrow.

Can’t work him out. I think he has played quite well post World Cup. Liked his performance and link up with Felix at Fulham. Tonight was just a step back in the wrong direction. He does appear an enigma.

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

We may never achieve anything under Potter as Martin thinks but we will absolutely positively definitely not push on playing the cadaver that is Havertz as a centre forward , DD Fofana is already better than him after twenty minutes of first team football for us .

Every time he got the ball in the first half he was offside even two seconds after kick off. He is an absolute whopper of a player almost as useless as Lukaku . I'd swap him for a bag of eighty year old balls tomorrow.

Yeah yeah. 
give the player bashing a rest. It’s the coaching.
12 day GP had to coach that squad. Instead he panics and plays a kid who was brought two days ago. Which is something you would not see with a top class coach.  No structure, no tactics and definitely no game plan.  

1 minute ago, ROTG said:

Sorry that BS.

The buck stop with chelsea’s coaching staff. 

Sorry THAT is BS! Fulham are a decent side who played efficiently on the counter against a team of relative strangers. It is spectacularly dumb to be so down on the management the way you are in what is a transitional season in every sense.

It is indeed the hope that kills you.It reminds me of my mum bringing me to Santa's grotto for the first time.

I was handed a  nicely wrapped present from 'Santa' -  excitedly I opened it -  before my eyes was a book on 'the history of the steam engine' needless to say I cried all the way home.

I said a few days ago that Potter has half a season to be given a chance of having another crack next year, that the results were far less important than the performances and we produce that utter shit. I mean, it's woeful, the level of everything is just terrible. We are, without doubt the worst performing Chelsea team of my time as a regular match going fan, which goes back to the mid 90's.

Played 15 W5 D5 L5

Scored 14(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goals

Win ratio 33%

Averaging 1.33 points per game so looking at 50 points over a whole season.

Also , that's twice we've played Fulham and their players dived , feigned injury and rough housed out players and we got nothing from the officials and had nobody on our team dare to go toe to toe against them. We're so spineless. 

Kepa excellent

Silva and Badiashille, excellent

Enzo , excellent

DD Fofana good 

Noni good 

Everyone else poor 

It's just not good enough and TB is still a Jonah.

3 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Yeah yeah. 
12 day GP had to coach that squad. Instead he panics and plays a kid who was brought two days ago. Which is something you would not see with a top class coach.  No structure, no tactics and definitely no game plan.  

Stick to the radio.

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Stick to the radio.

Based on your comment I thought you were listening to the game on the radio.  Or maybe you wear a blindfold whilst the game is on the TV. 

Edited by ROTG
Stick and stones

13 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Yeah yeah. 

Kante, Kova and Zakaria unavailable 🤔

Joao Felix will make a very useful addition to the side. I think there is reason for optimism in the short to medium term as well as our obviously bright future. I think you are naive if you expected us to roll over Fulham tonight, but we will get much better quickly.

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Yeah yeah. 

As a one off to celebrate the first game back for us I'm not going to blame the players or the coaching. It's unreasonable for us to expect us to play like the Harlem Globetrotters with a bunch of players that have just come to the club and others back from protracted injuries.

The positives for me are that Enzo certainly appears to be capable of being the player we hoped he would be and that Ziyech certainly doesn't seem to have downed tools after his loan fiasco. As I said in the run up to the game with Enzo in the side from the start we had to adopt a much simpler gameplan than we would normally expect due to such little time being available to coach plays. Finally, as I warned after the last game, the exuberance over Mudryk and his 30 minutes against a very poor Liverpool was unrealistic to expect the guy to be the next Hazard (at least yet).

We need to stop the boom and bust expectations of this group of players. With such a confused squad due to transfers and injuries it will take until next season before we will see the true potential. If I was Graeme Potter I would be concentrating on the Champions League while accepting top 6 is probably the extent of our ambition this year from this position in the league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

We've lost 7 of the last 13 and won only 3, scoring just 6 goals in all competitions. Won 2 out of 12 league games. The only teams he's beaten in the league are Palace, Wolves, Villa and Bournemouth.

Has any manager in the last 20+ years been on such a bad run?

I watched a stream from America.In fairness to Andy Townsend he said that Potter's Chelsea was hard to watch and said we should be playing more "off the cuff" which I interpreted as letting players express themselves,which I have been saying for years.

37 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Absolutely rubbish.

Nothing do with new players either, this is a recurring theme under Potter. Completely clueless at literally everything. No way in a million years Potter is here next season. I would bet my house on it.

I agree that it was a completely rubbish, nothing performance on a technical level and by pretty much every metric.  I'm really surprised to see any players being described as "excellent". Okay is the best anyone was.

But there is no way, imo, that Potter isn't here come August. What I'd bet good money on is him being given another couple of very expensive players in the summer, us still looking obscenely dull in the first 10 or so games, and him getting the sack then.

7 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Has any manager in the last 20+ years been on such a bad run?

Can't remember the exact form in the build up to Mourinho's second sacking, but reckon it was similar. But ... He got sacked. This form really isn't unusual for a Potter-coached team, though. It isn't actually that bad for a Potter-coached team. 

We're so boring. Think I prefer it when we're rubbish in a chaotic way.