Dogs,Cats and other things that go bump in the night!

chara

2 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Named after Costa and Neto, presumably? Presumably their temperament differentiates them!

Diego is named after Costa but Pedro is named after Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma, or just Pedro as he was known when playing for us!

• Like 1

@chrisb,,My Pedro was named after a good friend of mine who lived not far from where you are at the moment, Always made me smile when our Chelsea Pedro played..always liked him.

Got me thinking,,, without going into fourteen dogs and five cats over the years the reasons i named some of my overlords and companions came to mind.

Present crew..Jessi,,,always liked Jessi Coulter and the spelling of the name,,,Jasper...character who grew out of a passing figure in my never to be published book...just took on an identity on his own!...Cash..easy of course The Man in Black. life long fan..huge collection of his music and at least 6 live concerts,

Dylan..my forever cat...no need to explain that one,,same with Butch,....little black/white cat on the Island,

Chelsea (of course) and off springs Catty, Charlotte, + Georgia all Island mutts.

Toby, Clay, Buddy and Holly....cats,Chara, Gracie ,Domino,....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

We try to rescue the black ones in England as they are apparently the hardest to re-home. Diego and Pedro were Spanish strays that we crossed paths with and couldn’t help but rescue!

Strange, isn't it? I think black cats are the most beautiful! Maybe because of rather than despite their "familiar" connotation. They are mysterious and pantherine!

Edited by RDCW
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Whoops...somehow left off Candy,,my first cat,,Little Peg..Island mutt and Jenny sweet little springer...

All of them tied in closely to my memories and all missed with a deep fondness..whatever I gave them they repaid me ten fold.

• Love 2

Blackie - obviously - followed by Tosca the prima donna and her bro Oscar - soon to become Ozzie (Osborn lives nearby) or Ozemandius in moments of deep sin; then their successors Mischief and Pickle, due to their predelection for climbing curtains, bookshelves, anything climbable. Occasioning the latter currently being confined to barracks with a broken paw.

• Love 2

35 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lost three of mine on a six week period, my wife is in shock. I'm steering clear of this topic for now my friend. 

Oh Mark,,I'm so, so sorry...devastating for you both. Thoughts with you from both of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Lost three of mine on a six week period, my wife is in shock. I'm steering clear of this topic for now my friend. 

Oh no. That's horrible. My thoughts are with you both.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Oh Mark that's awful.  I'm so sorry to hear this.  

My best to you and your wife and of course the other fur babies who will also be feeling a loss.  

💙💙💙

• Thanks 1