Chelsea Sack Graham Potter

My Blood Is Blue

Some interesting stats shared by Younes - Ten Hag earns 9 million - Potter 12 million over 5 years.

Having previously earned 1.75 million at Brighton...

And we paid an additional 20 million to get him and his staff out of Brighton...

Good video about some of the different dynamics going on right now:

Edited by Max Fowler

42 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

There's 'widespread opinion' that Potter is a 'high level coach'? Seriously?

There seems to be some confusion here...

Let me help you MT.

A London Double Decker is a "high level coach.",,,GP is an "English Coach" hence the benefit of the doubt from the Media.

Don't forget that playing and watching the game for many many years doesn't mean any of us here or at SB understand the game. Quite the reverse.

Truly the embodiment of one of my favourite quotes( slightly twisted).

I believe I am being p****d on and I know it's not raining despite the assurances that it is only rain.

Have people heard about Potter and the board taking a "collaborative" decision over Aubameyang?

Was this why Tuchel and the board fell out so badly? Reports of Todd putting 4-4-3 up on the whiteboard?

Just how much does Boehly want to be involved in footballing decisions and how much say is he having?

That would explain why all our new signings have been immediately played in order to impress the board.

Honestly incredibly worried by those reports. The board are having a say on whether Aubameyang is playing...

Seriously?! How much of a control freak is Todd Boehly and how much of a puppet is Graham Potter?

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Have people heard about Potter and the board taking a "collaborative" decision over Aubameyang?

Was this why Tuchel and the board fell out so badly? Reports of Todd putting 4-4-3 up on the whiteboard?

Just how much does Boehly want to be involved in footballing decisions and how much say is he having?

That would explain why all our new signings have been immediately played in order to impress the board.

Honestly incredibly worried by those reports. The board are having a say on whether Aubameyang is playing...

Seriously?! How much of a control freak is Todd Boehly and how much of a puppet is Graham Potter?

We have hired a yes man in Potter.

We the fans must force him out. And force him out NOW!

36 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

That article from Matt Law is nothing but press briefing in favour of Potter. Ignore it!

In theory - according to that Matt Law article - Potter will be around at least until the end of next season!

❝Potter retains their faith, with insiders claiming the commitment of Boehly and Eghbali to the 47-year-old remains long-term, and that the preferred plan is to allow him to complete the season and then have a full campaign in charge of Chelsea before making any further evaluations.❞

12 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

❝Potter retains their faith, with insiders claiming the commitment of Boehly and Eghbali to the 47-year-old remains long-term, and that the preferred plan is to allow him to complete the season and then have a full campaign in charge of Chelsea before making any further evaluations.❞

We're doomed! If this is true, then both Boehly and Potter need to be removed. Where's Roman when you need him?

2 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Either this is just "board talk" speak for "No Comment" or a total ignorance of Football in UK (and anywhere not USA stamped).

The bolden bit..if it gets to that it will be too late.

In an earlier post I alluded to the lack of relegation dynamics in USA sport,,I really hope Todd and Co DO know the score and if they don't please SOMEONE tell them what relegation entails....

Edited by chara

55 minutes ago, chara said:

Either this is just "board talk" speak for "No Comment" or a total ignorance of Football in UK (and anywhere not USA stamped).

The bolden bit..if it gets to that it will be too late.

In an earlier post I alluded to the lack of relegation dynamics in USA sport,,I really hope Todd and Co DO know the score and if they don't please SOMEONE tell them what relegation entails....

Staggering, isn't it? What I hope is that Todd and his buddies sell our club (quickly) and move quietly on. If he's the answer, then I can only assume that it was a stupid question!

8 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I trust the widespread opinion that he's a high level coach.

Mind you Sterling said it's night and day between him and Tuchel, so maybe there really are "levels"...

What's this? Haven't heard it.

Looks like Tuchel isn't opposed to going back to a previous employer ...

7 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

For the first time, I am genuinely worried we not only have the wrong manager but the wrong owners.

Been blatantly obvious since they sacked Tuchel and put together a £70m package for Graham Potter. 

They've then thrown money around and it's gotten them a lot of goodwill with some fans, especially the internet based ones.

We have spent £600m+ on players most of us had never heard of at the beginning of the season,with the exception of Sterling, Cucurella and Fofana but most didn't want Sterling and Fofana and Cucurella were massively overpriced.

I certainly can't think of any being touted as possible targets, but after a bit of YouTubing every Chelsea fan thinks we bought some of the best talent available, even though we've never seen them play before.

We've given them massive long term contracts, clever businesses we all said to get round FFP but £600m has been spent and we have gone from comfortably top 4 to relegation fodder. 

I wonder how good we could have been if we had spent that £600m differently and kept Tuchel. 

18 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Been blatantly obvious since they sacked Tuchel and put together a £70m package for Graham Potter. 

They've then thrown money around and it's gotten them a lot of goodwill with some fans, especially the internet based ones.

We have spent £600m+ on players most of us had never heard of at the beginning of the season,with the exception of Sterling, Cucurella and Fofana but most didn't want Sterling and Fofana and Cucurella were massively overpriced.

I certainly can't think of any being touted as possible targets, but after a bit of YouTubing every Chelsea fan thinks we bought some of the best talent available, even though we've never seen them play before.

We've given them massive long term contracts, clever businesses we all said to get round FFP but £600m has been spent and we have gone from comfortably top 4 to relegation fodder. 

I wonder how good we could have been if we had spent that £600m differently and kept Tuchel. 

Being a little generous here I think to be fair. We've been scraping a top 4 spot for years now, at some point we were going to miss out. 

5 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Being a little generous here I think to be fair. We've been scraping a top 4 spot for years now, at some point we were going to miss out. 

The only season we scraped a CL spot was the transfer ban season. 

where in your logic do you take into account the number of games the Team played after winning the CL. 

10 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

In fairness Bob as I'm sure you know he did so transforming the way the club played from a fifteen behind the ball boot it in the stands dreary nothing side into a progressive footballing side which is why he finds himself here at the moment.

We can agree he's making a pigs ear of it at the moment but let's be fair .

It’s a myth from the press touting an English manager. 

Again in 3 season at Brighton he managed to get the easy on the eye Brighton to score 45 goals in his final season, which was 5 more than Houghton best season in the PL. 

the only positive for team GP was the reduction of goal difference per season vs Houghton. 

Team GP are a media fraud who reputation lured TB and Co. 

Let’s be honest if TT has been replace by poch. Do you think the team would be in the same situation?

26 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

1st, 5th, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 3rd.

The points separating 3rd-5th are always pretty tight, usually around 5 so you could argue everyone that finishes 4th are scraping it. We do it consistently though, almost every year so would say we were comfortably a top 4 side. 

We now are in relegation form and have been since October.