Chelsea Sack Graham Potter

My Blood Is Blue

5 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

If months of “we don’t care about Rafa …” didn’t shift RA, then I suspect you’re right. It won’t shift TB. Although I’m not convinced Potter has the same inner steel as Rafa….

Tubby wasn't leading us towards the Championship and the only concern was if the "Interim" would become the "Incumbent".

The issue wasn't his coaching ability..different opinions of course... but "OTHER" issues.

It's a reverse situation now..I don't think anyone dislikes GP..it's his coaching ability that is being questioned and the awful form being shown ..truly relegation fare.

39 minutes ago, chara said:

It's a reverse situation now..I don't think anyone dislikes GP..it's his coaching ability that is being questioned and the awful form being shown ..truly relegation fare.

Nice guy but I do dislike how he talks to the media. He lacks honesty and personality and that makes him dislikeable.

10 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

He's not being honest about Aubameyang that's for sure.

And the board's briefings say he's a different animal behind the scenes than he is in front of the media.

You're really "clutching" now Max. 

We get it you don't rate him . 

Neither do loads of us here but, blimey, you'll be claiming his beard is stuck on next .

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

He's not being honest about Aubameyang that's for sure.

And the board's briefings say he's a different animal behind the scenes than he is in front of the media.

Behind the scenes maybe...but on the training ground?

For all the across the spectrum opinions and views on here everyone has years of watching/playing the game and following Chelsea.

How would a wiser head than me sum up the overall consensus?

I feel no optimism that GP will turn things around.

Too facile comparisons in many ways but Dykie (one of my least faves)at Everton and Cooper at Forest have shown more progress than GP this season.

Most sniggered at the new contract Cooper was given but where are Forest now in relation to Chelsea?

A truly Sh*t* week for me and like most I look to my Chelsea world for relief(not hiding) from real world issues but as things stand there is no calming or relieving feeling.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, RDCW said:

They did shift Rafa though, didn't they? If we as fans had not utterly rejected him he would have been given the permanent gig having won the Europa League.

That doesn’t fit with my memory - Jose Mk.ll replaced him. No way RA would have brought him back because of fan pressure. It was always the plan …

23 minutes ago, chara said:

For all the across the spectrum opinions and views on here everyone has years of watching/playing the game and following Chelsea.

How would a wiser head than me sum up the overall consensus?

I feel no optimism that GP will turn things around.

Too facile comparisons in many ways but Dykie (one of my least faves)at Everton and Cooper at Forest have shown more progress than GP this season.

Most sniggered at the new contract Cooper was given but where are Forest now in relation to Chelsea?

A truly Sh*t* week for me and like most I look to my Chelsea world for relief(not hiding) from real world issues but as things stand there is no calming or relieving feeling.

I hope your week gets better Chara!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You're really "clutching" now Max. 

We get it you don't rate him . 

Neither do loads of us here but, blimey, you'll be claiming his beard is stuck on next .

At least I’m not Ham who will still be getting his 2nd Potter tattoo even once we’re relegated!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

The biggest issue here I feel is that Reece appears to have been instructed not to overlap the winger , it may just be me being an idiot but it looks like he's not being given free reign to attack our opponents box. 

Yeah I've noticed that too. Recently under Tuchel we looked absolutely toothless without James on the overlap. 

Potter reverted to a wingback system to close out the Soton game so maybe we could see a return to the wingback system vs Spurs.

Ideally I think every Chelsea fan would have liked to see James continue in his attacking capacity AND also for the side to develop a more multidimensional mode of attacking play. 

I'm not sure what that system would look like though because if we revert to 3 at the back with wingbacks, then we can't accommodate all of Mudryk, Madueke and Felix at once with a striker as well.

2 hours ago, ROTG said:

He’s is not PL quality by a mile.  

Based on 45 mins of football (where he looked pretty decent IMO)? 

Very harsh. He's got good close control, first touch, he’s strong on the ball, quick. 

Potter could do a lot worse... I wonder how many people thought that Sadio Mane would become such a good player too.

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

That doesn’t fit with my memory - Jose Mk.ll replaced him. No way RA would have brought him back because of fan pressure. It was always the plan …

Mourinho has been quite clear since a deal to bring him back was done months in advance, and made comments after a Man Utd vs Real Madrid game in Feb/March that he was going somewhere he was "loved". Or words to that effect.

Meanwhile, Benitez made comments to the press about how it would help him if the club didn't refer to him as interim.

There is absolutely no way Benitez was in line for the permanent role, and only the fan reaction stopped this. The decisions were made well before the Europa League win.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Trini_Blue said:

Based on 45 mins of football (where he looked pretty decent IMO)? 

Very harsh. He's got good close control, first touch, he’s strong on the ball, quick. 

Potter could do a lot worse... I wonder how many people thought that Sadio Mane would become such a good player too.

He’s an overpriced championship player. 

BTW Mane had played in the PL & Bundesliga scoring 1 in 2 before he came went to the dippers. 

what’s Forfana CV again?

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Scored and assisted more in the same team as Haaland made his name 

Opps

Chitty brought Haaland after he proved himself in the bundersliga  for two seasons. Not based on his form in Norway 

Edited by ROTG

11 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Opps

Chitty brought Haaland after he proved himself in the bundersliga  for two seasons. Not based on his form in Norway 

What's that got to do with it ? He scored and assisted more than Haaland did when at Molde.

Haaland then got a chance in Germany and Fofana is getting a chance in England.

You asked what his CV was . I told you .

2 hours ago, chara said:

PEA more than likely called the whole team GP coaching set up out. Imagine it from his point of view. Came to the club to work with a WC coach who had put him on the European map earlier in his career and had dive worked with WC coaches, After 5 days  at his new club, his mentor is sacked and introduced to GP and Billy Reid. 

says it all really. Along with some of the other players being less vocal and going with the flow because they are on an extremely good salary. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What's that got to do with it ? He scored and assisted more than Haaland did when at Molde.

Haaland then got a chance in Germany and Fofana is getting a chance in England.

You asked what his CV was . I told you 

Maybe his would of had a chance if it were playing for Brighton. However he’s not leading the line in a top four  club. “ mind you he probably the right level for the club and it’s current coaching staff. 

Edited by ROTG

29 minutes ago, ROTG said:

He’s an overpriced championship player. 

BTW Mane had played in the PL & Bundesliga scoring 1 in 2 before he came went to the dippers. 

what’s Forfana CV again?

Drogba looked  a bit of a donkey early on. 

Forfana is just one of the numerous young players we've taken a punt on and at a price that was worth a punt. What we shouldn't have done is take a punt on Mudryk for such an enourmous fee.

If Forfana doesn't make it here it will be no great loss, but if Mudryk flops it will be a costly mistake.

33 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Maybe his would of had a chance if it were playing for Brighton. However he’s not leading the line in a top four  club. “ mind you he probably the right level for the club and it’s current coaching staff. 

He's also looked no worse and arguably better than Havertz as a centre forward in his few chances which says something about the state of the squad. 

Did Billy Reid kill your dog as you seemingly dislike him more than Potter for some reason. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Haha 1