Chelsea Sack Graham Potter

My Blood Is Blue

Just watched this from TT and not sure where else to post it.

Again, let me reiterate - apparently I am one of the few people on here actually supporting Potter right now.

Maybe I am forced into this - but I like him as a guy and start to become more optimistic about him as a coach.

But the absolute nonsense that was being posted daily on here about Tuchel losing the dressing room.

Again - would be tempted to believe Simon Jordan that there was a serious breakdown between Tuchel and Boehly.

But I refuse to believe he lost the dressing room - he was clearly loved by many players still at the club.

Shame the old forum is not still open so people cannot eat their words and taste the humble pie.

Glad for TT that he is still texting the players and wishing him all the best for Bayern - particularly against City!

DREADFUL DECISION TO SACK TT - WE MISS YOU! (must watch video)

2 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Just watched this from TT and not sure where else to post it.

Again, let me reiterate - apparently I am one of the few people on here actually supporting Potter right now.

Maybe I am forced into this - but I like him as a guy and start to become more optimistic about him as a coach.

But the absolute nonsense that was being posted daily on here about Tuchel losing the dressing room.

Again - would be tempted to believe Simon Jordan that there was a serious breakdown between Tuchel and Boehly.

But I refuse to believe he lost the dressing room - he was clearly loved by many players still at the club.

Shame the old forum is not still open so people cannot eat their words and taste the humble pie.

Glad for TT that he is still texting the players and wishing him all the best for Bayern - particularly against City!

DREADFUL DECISION TO SACK TT - WE MISS YOU! (must watch video)

Also the fact Havertz has been speaking absolutely glowingly about him says it all to me.

"That was a triumph; it was also, he admits, “a relief” at the end of his first season. “Frank Lampard signed me, we had good chats and he helped me even though it wasn’t working out for him, so I am grateful,” Havertz recalls. “Then [Thomas] Tuchel gave me a different idea of football. Every detail counts, every centimetre, how you touch the ball, how you control, where you pass, which foot, movement, creating spaces: he’s just top level. To come and win the Champions League in six months says it all."

First time I've heard the man's voice since we sacked him.

I may sound like a wimp right now but it's like not hearing form an ex for 6 months then bumping into them. It hurts like mad.

I've spoke many times on here how my boys really like the Bundesliga. No idea how it ever happened but we watch more of it, as a whole, than we do the premier league. One likes Dortmund, the other Leipzig. I've always been completely neutral. Now I'm 100% a Bayern Munich fan.

I honestly think his sacking could be the beginning of the end of my time with this club. Football has changed so much over the last, however many years, and I know a lot of people that feel disconnected but I've managed to keep going. Not sure how much that will carry on.

I've never cared less about this club, I feel absolutely no connection to the owners, manager or players, apart from the one that looks like he's leaving. Roman going, then Tuchel and where we are right now, and I don't mean league position it all just seems a bit empty. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

80m but Potter wont play him.  

What do you mean 'Potter won't play him'? He's been injured.

How is it going with Potters player management skills? It doesnt seem that good.

You've lost me.

Where will be the Chelsea heart?

Same place that it's always been.

17 hours ago, martin1905 said:

First time I've heard the man's voice since we sacked him.

I may sound like a wimp right now but it's like not hearing form an ex for 6 months then bumping into them. It hurts like mad.

I've spoke many times on here how my boys really like the Bundesliga. No idea how it ever happened but we watch more of it, as a whole, than we do the premier league. One likes Dortmund, the other Leipzig. I've always been completely neutral. Now I'm 100% a Bayern Munich fan.

I honestly think his sacking could be the beginning of the end of my time with this club. Football has changed so much over the last, however many years, and I know a lot of people that feel disconnected but I've managed to keep going. Not sure how much that will carry on.

I've never cared less about this club, I feel absolutely no connection to the owners, manager or players, apart from the one that looks like he's leaving. Roman going, then Tuchel and where we are right now, and I don't mean league position it all just seems a bit empty. 

Keep your head up Martin! We'll get a manager we all connect with again eventually 🙂 

I reckon Tuchel might come back at some point too!

Edited by Max Fowler

1 minute ago, Max Fowler said:

Keep your head up Martin! We'll get a manager we all connect with again eventually 🙂 

I reckon Tuchel might come back at some point too!

TT won't be back while Boehly is in charge.

"Eventually" may be too late for the long term health of the club. I'm taking Martin's declaration as a cry for help, rather than a genuine capitulation - you just can't get your football club out of your heart, no matter how disenfranchised you feel for the time being, but the club needs to make a lot of effort to win us all back on side in my view, starting with the dismissal of the mid-table maestro who should be on Throwdown rather than Match Of The Day.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, RDCW said:

"Eventually" may be too late for the long term health of the club. I'm taking Martin's declaration as a cry for help, rather than a genuine capitulation - you just can't get your football club out of your heart, no matter how disenfranchised you feel for the time being, but the club needs to make a lot of effort to win us all back on side in my view, starting with the dismissal of the mid-table maestro who should be on Throwdown rather than Match Of The Day.

Stranger things have happened. People said Jose would never come back with the same conviction.

I struggle to believe it was really so bad that it couldn't be resurrected, even it became broken at the time.

Time is the healer of all wounds.

15 minutes ago, RDCW said:

Like most of the OG on here seen the club at its lowest and the highs. 
Got a feeling the current trend and low will continue for the foreseeable future and could get worst before it get better. If the yes man coach stays and let’s the club sports department do player culling. 

As a side note, I cant remember how many clubs are owned by American owners and if my memory serves me only one American owner “with the dippers” has won the PL. one thing is for sure TB won’t be the second, third, fourth and beyond with the current coaching set up. 

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Like most of the OG on here seen the club at its lowest and the highs. 
Got a feeling the current trend and low will continue for the foreseeable future and could get worst before it get better. If the yes man coach stays and let’s the club sports department do player culling. 

As a side note, I cant remember how many clubs are owned by American owners and if my memory serves me only one American owner “with the dippers” has won the PL. one thing is for sure TB won’t be the second, third, fourth and beyond with the current coaching set up. 

I agree. I can't see a way out of the cul de sac created by the egomaniacal reconstruction policy of the new owners. Their ego remains, Potter remains, Chelsea continue to be mediocre and our financial position is more precarious than at any time since the Bridgebuilder era! I'm starting to feel right at home......the rising rage, intermittent hopelessness, occasional defiance, a yearning for the uncomplicated violence of the 80s, the knotted stomach, the self pity, the love, the hatred, the joy of the unexpected goal or the rare moment of skill..........Chelsea are back, Chelsea are back, hello, hello!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RDCW said:

I agree. I can't see a way out of the cul de sac created by the egomaniacal reconstruction policy of the new owners. Their ego remains, Potter remains, Chelsea continue to be mediocre and our financial position is more precarious than at any time since the Bridgebuilder era! I'm starting to feel right at home......the rising rage, intermittent hopelessness, occasional defiance, a yearning for the uncomplicated violence of the 80s, the knotted stomach, the self pity, the love, the hatred, the joy of the unexpected goal or the rare moment of skill..........Chelsea are back, Chelsea are back, hello, hello!

Some of the owners have serious doubts about Potter already.

Boehly is egotistical but he'll eventually realise his error.

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Some of the owners have serious doubts about Potter already.

Boehly is egotistical but he'll eventually realise his error.

The fact that he hasn't already done so, and indeed the fact that he went so definitively all in when he brought Potter to the club, means that Boehly's head should roll too. If I was a Clearlake investor I would be demanding regime change. He has been gauche and clueless from the start, clearly has no understanding of the game or the industry and didn't have the intellectual rigour to recognize his own ignorance . Boehly has placed the club in a much worse financial postion than he was needed, or even justified. He and Potter should both be on their way down the road.

19 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

What do you mean 'Potter won't play him'? He's been injured.

You've lost me.

Same place that it's always been.

Didnt realise 80m Mount had been injured, he seems always to be on the bench

Potter has been employed for something, I understood it was his soft skills....Neither soft skills or tactics are getting wins

Heart was so ething not only us but also our team had.

There's a bit of an idea creeping in about Mount being on his way because of Potter, because he's not playing. I think this very much the wrong way round.

Injury and suspension explains why Mount has been absent recently, but Mount is on his way out because the contract offers on the table have been stupid, imo. We're obviously all just guessing, but I'm going with the less sensational rumours of around the time James signed his deal. That the same one was on the table, Mount wanted just 5 years, and the owners wouldn't budge. If he's not being picked when available, I doubt it's anything to do with Potter and everything to do with how those contract negotiations have gone.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, chara said:

Anyone care to guess how many points will be added between now and the end of the season?

Me?...can we hope for 6?

As long as we hit the magic 40 and safety from relegation! 

Honestly it’s hard to say. I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t get any more points at all. That’s how bad things are.

7 minutes ago, chrisb said:

As long as we hit the magic 40 and safety from relegation! 

Honestly it’s hard to say. I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t get any more points at all. That’s how bad things are.

Yeah crisb...I was being as optimistic as I could!

Logic tells me relegation is not a reality but the margins are thinner than we maybe can accept.

3 hours ago, RDCW said:

The fact that he hasn't already done so, and indeed the fact that he went so definitively all in when he brought Potter to the club, means that Boehly's head should roll too. If I was a Clearlake investor I would be demanding regime change. He has been gauche and clueless from the start, clearly has no understanding of the game or the industry and didn't have the intellectual rigour to recognize his own ignorance . Boehly has placed the club in a much worse financial postion than he was needed, or even justified. He and Potter should both be on their way down the road.

Well said.

Villa paid peanuts (£2m) to get a 4 time winner of the Europa league winner and semi finalist of the CL.

TB paid in excess of £20m for team GP.

not a Emery fan. However the show he has a better coach then team GP in the PL.