Chelsea Sack Graham Potter

My Blood Is Blue

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

Nagelsmann represents more of a  risk on all these fronts right now. It’s a risk we cannot afford to gamble on again right now.

Who would you go with if Potter was given his marching orders at some point out of curiosity? 

FWIW I'm neither here nor there on Nagelsmann. 

33 minutes ago, xceleryx said:

Who would you go with if Potter was given his marching orders at some point out of curiosity? 

I consider Brendan Rogers a music hall joke of a, manager but I'd have him over Potter. 

I wouldn't care if Nagelsmann's backroom staff was Anton Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard, I'd have him over Potter. 

No manager and a random name picked out of the season ticket holders as temporary one week managers I'd take over Potter. 

Todd Boehly and his 443 as coach over Potter. 

6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I consider Brendan Rogers a music hall joke of a, manager but I'd have him over Potter. 

I wouldn't care if Nagelsmann's backroom staff was Anton Ferdinand and Steven Gerrard, I'd have him over Potter. 

No manager and a random name picked out of the season ticket holders as temporary one week managers I'd take over Potter. 

So if I'm reading this right, you want us to extend Potter? 

Not the side of the fence I'd thought you'd be on. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Now available 😉 😱

23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm starting to think I'd take Kwasi Kwarteng and Liz Truss as his assistant.

A note to all members… I understand that we’re all frustrated, angry and a range of other emotions because of how things are going at our club. However, I have noticed an increase in posts that are becoming too personal in nature. While disagreements are inevitable, let us try to keep our discussions centered on football and Chelsea-related topics, rather than attacking each other personally.

I believe that we can maintain a respectful and engaging forum without the need for heavy moderation. Therefore, I encourage you to express your opinions about our club and its manager, rather than trying to outdo each other. If you feel the need to engage in personal discussions, please take it to private messages.

It’s okay to disagree and have different opinions, it’s football after all, but we should strive to maintain a level of respect and civility towards each other, otherwise it all becomes a bit boring to read!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Playing devil’s advocate or just talking out of my posterior, but Brendan Rodgers wasn’t always this bad was he?  
And I can remember being disappointed when he left Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Playing devil’s advocate or just talking out of my posterior, but Brendan Rodgers wasn’t always this bad was he?  

He did excellent work at Leicester. Marginally missed out on 4th in his first two seasons and won the FA Cup. I would take him. He actually is what people mistakenly thought Potter was. 

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

With him it's the Turkey teeth, home spun wisdom and high heels that get me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

I would probably go with Enrique. I wouldn’t really have a problem with Mancini , Deschamps or Poch though. Probably in that order of preference. 
All quality players who have varying level of success in their managerial career, and varying levels of disciplined well coached teams.

I think a strong personality is crucial with the current set of players we have. They all tick the box too. 

6 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Zidane for the reason you have cited here. 

I think he'd be a disaster. Doesn't speak English and his managerial style is famously a "go out and express yourselves" type. Of all the coaches freely available, I think I'd (in order of preference) be looking at Pochettino and Enrique. Both known for running training sessions like military exercises, and that is exactly what we need. I don't think we even need a coach right now with major trophy-wining pedigree, that could be 1-2 years time (obviously a contract becomes a sticking point), we just need someone who turns us into a team that knows what it is and does that thing successfully.

• Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

With him it's the Turkey teeth, home spun wisdom and high heels that get me. 

Here’s a picture of his cat after hearing Brendan would be spending more time at home now he’s out of a job…7EC4C3C8-581A-46BD-B248-E09185A62E38.thumb.jpeg.f0a566468804acd06b4dd3acef27250d.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thiago97 said:

I would probably go with Enrique. I wouldn’t really have a problem with Mancini , Deschamps or Poch though. Probably in that order of preference. 
All quality players who have varying level of success in their managerial career, and varying levels of disciplined well coached teams.

I think a strong personality is crucial with the current set of players we have. They all tick the box too. 

Enrique would be great. Almost forgotten what it’s like to have a proper manager in charge, who knows what he’s doing. 

It's weird isn't it the genetic identity that can be inherent within a club over many iterations or generations with no apparent physical continuity or connection. Spuds have become synonymous with the term Spursy, in other words being able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and never have anything to show for their endeavours. While our players are capable as a club to bring any manager crashing down irrespective of any prior reputation. What would we call that? Being Chelky?

Edited by Holymoly