Chelsea Sack Graham Potter

My Blood Is Blue

Just now, Thiago97 said:

It wouldn’t shock me. Can you imagine how well he would interview ! Boehly would probably lap it up.

Sadly it wouldn't shock me either.

My thinking is the timing of Nagelsmann being available is why this has happened, imagine if it's the timing of Rodgers.......

Well that came as a shock.  Just goes to show how much we and the media know.

That's going to be a clear out then as he bought all his staff with him.  

Interesting times but yes, apprehensive about who comes next.  Ashamed to say I know next to nothing about JN except he is younger than Thiago Silva.

If it's you JN, PLEASE persuade MM to stay and get him back playing at his best.

(I can't even get onto TOCWS atm to read what they say)

PS.  Good luck Graham.  Hope you find your right level (not meant to be sarcastic)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Interesting this. I wonder whether the availability of a certain manager had something to do with the change of heart.

You see, this worries me. Not the decision, but how the decisions are being made. I suspect the hell-for-leather package to get Potter was about worrying someone else would get there first, and that this is a similar panic.

13 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Yesterday was no worse than any other shit we've seen all season.

The decision to play James at centre back, when he's the only right back we have, when there are two fully fit centre backs on the bench was different.    Wish I'd stayed in the pub

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Never nice to see someone lose their job, but this is well overdue. I just hope not too much long term damage has been done.

I’d say thanks for everything, but not really a lot to be thankful for.

He tried his best but the job was too big for him he'll get a fat pay off and end up at Leicester or someone equally as middling. 

• Like 1

The right move obviously. It was clear this summer that Tuchel had lost it and the start of the season was poor. Sacking him was, in the grand scheme of things, not a bad decision. It was the hiring of Potter that was a bad call. Gutsy, but ultimately bad. 

I really hope we won’t go for Nagelsmann. Out of the front runners (Nagelsmann, Enrique and Poch) I’d go for the Argentinian. Not because I’m under the illusion he’ll make us title contenders (none of them will), but hopefully because he can take us back to the top four. 

I’m wary against Enrique. His only pedigree as a manager was what he did with Barcelona. I’m not sure it’s transferable to what he may achieve here. Poch is proven in the PL, he likes attacking football and builds tough sides. I’d go with him. 

• Agree 1

I would expect Nagelsman and Pochettino to be interviewed.

I don't think they will consider Conte yet you never know.

Not too much sympathy for Potter he was making defensive changes that cost us when he didn't need to.

The down side is more money to be spent and it's impact on FFP.

1 minute ago, jasonb said:

I would expect Nagelsman and Pochettino to be interviewed.

I don't think they will consider Conte yet you never know.

Not too much sympathy for Potter he was making defensive changes that cost us when he didn't need to.

The down side is more money to be spent and it's impact on FFP.

No chance they go for Poch imo.

1 minute ago, Sleeping Dave said:

I really hope we won’t go for Nagelsmann. Out of the front runners (Nagelsmann, Enrique and Poch) I’d go for the Argentinian. Not because I’m under the illusion he’ll make us title contenders (none of them will), but hopefully because he can take us back to the top four. 

I’m wary against Enrique. His only pedigree as a manager was what he did with Barcelona. I’m not sure it’s transferable to what he may achieve here. Poch is proven in the PL, he likes attacking football and builds tough sides. I’d go with him. 

I agree with this. I'd much prefer a very pragmatic appointment. We have seen what Pochettino can do with players like we have in the PL, and he will at very least (admittedly perhaps at most) have us qualifying for CL football next season. Enrique didn't impress all that much at Roma or Spain, and Nagelsmann doesn't seem like someone the owners are going to enjoy their WhatsApp correspondence with. 

Just now, Max Fowler said:

No chance they go for Poch imo.

After giving an up and coming a go I expect they go for one with EPL experience. and I think Poch is the best that fits that role that is currently available. 

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Never ever heard of him. I’d have rather JT get the interim role TBH.

He is a bit of a club legend at Brighton. Played for them for a good few years. Bit like a Zabaleta light type player.

Brighton fans were gutted he left to join Potter.

1 minute ago, jasonb said:

After giving an up and coming a go I expect they go for one with EPL experience. and I think Poch is the best that fits that role that is currently available. 

No way it's too toxic for the fanbase. Never would go for an ex spurs manager who has not won anything. 
He might be interviewed but IMO they will never appoint him. Never. They would look like mugs.