Chelsea Sack Graham Potter

My Blood Is Blue

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He tried his best but the job was too big for him he'll get a fat pay off and end up at Leicester or someone equally as middling. 

Spurs have a habit of hiring our ex-managers and they’re currently managerless….

5 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Finally!
Please can everyone who insisted time after time he would be here until the end of the season as if they new he would be admit they got it completely wrong?

Righto, happy to admit I was wrong.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Never ever heard of him. I’d have rather JT get the interim role TBH.

Rather worrying.  Thought he would leave with GP.  And Anthony Barry obviously on his way out.

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Rather worrying.  Thought he would leave with GP.  And Anthony Barry obviously on his way out.

Can’t be too many coaching staff available to take training tomorrow and prep for Liverpool. The owners really have made a mess of this season.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Can’t be too many coaching staff available to take training tomorrow and prep for Liverpool. The owners really have made a mess of this season.

Can you imagine if we're better for just not having anyone leading training?

11 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I agree with this. I'd much prefer a very pragmatic appointment. We have seen what Pochettino can do with players like we have in the PL, and he will at very least (admittedly perhaps at most) have us qualifying for CL football next season. Enrique didn't impress all that much at Roma or Spain, and Nagelsmann doesn't seem like someone the owners are going to enjoy their WhatsApp correspondence with. 

This had me laugh! 😂

Yes, a pragmatic appointment would be the right move now. Don’t overthink it, don’t try to be clever or to unearth the next Pep. Just find someone that can steady the ship and bring us back to top four. 

6 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Righto, happy to admit I was wrong.

Thanks Chris. I'm not meaning to rub it in.
It takes a lot for people to admit they got things wrong.
I get things wrong too.
It is football and I know these are all our best guesses.

Can Boehly admit he was wrong too?!

Maybe he finally did.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Sadly it wouldn't shock me either.

My thinking is the timing of Nagelsmann being available is why this has happened, imagine if it's the timing of Rodgers.......

It's been widely reported that Nagelsmann is in no hurry to decide on his next job and will wait until the summer (you know what Real Madrid are like... Ancelotti wouldn't be the first manager they sack for coming 2nd to Barca in the league, no matter how many European cups/CLs he might have won them)

3 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Thanks Chris. I'm not meaning to rub it in.
It takes a lot for people to admit they got things wrong.
I get things wrong too.
It is football and I know these are all our best guesses.

Can Boehly admit he was wrong too?!

Maybe he finally did.

My first post on hearing Potter was gone was that I was, thankfully, wrong. But you have to be fair, every indication was that they were sticking with him. It may well prove in the next few days that the impetus for sacking him was not really anything to do with recent results, and someone unexpected becoming available. 

Edited by thevelourfog

19 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Interesting that it’s one of Potters men taking charge. He has a good reputation and suggests he is probably staying on at the club. 

I gather only Potter has gone for now. The rest stay until a new man is appointed and, I presume, will bring in some of their own guys.

From a personal point of view, I liked it when we had mostly our own people in place on the coaching staff and the new manager might bring an assistant or two but no more. Didn't always happen, but I felt things went smoother then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

My first post on hearing Potter was gone was that I was, thankfully, wrong. But you have to be fair, every indication was that they were sticking with him. It may well prove in the next few days that the impetus for sacking him was not really anything to do with recent results, and someone unexpected becoming available. 

Well I think Everton was also part of the "make or break" period.

I know what you're saying - what annoyed me that was people were claiming that there were zero circumstances he would not be here next season. We could virtually get relegated and he would still be around.

I always thought he could be sacked this season. Too much money involved.

24 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

Finally!
Please can everyone who insisted time after time he would be here until the end of the season as if they new he would be admit they got it completely wrong?

Don't mind being wrong. With my track record it's inevitable 🙄

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bob Singleton said:

I gather only Potter has gone for now. The rest stay until a new man is appointed and, I presume, will bring in some of their own guys.

From a personal point of view, I liked it when we had mostly our own people in place on the coaching staff and the new manager might bring an assistant or two but no more. Didn't always happen, but I felt things went smoother then.

I mean no offence to how some of his coaching staff look but they don't quite inspire confidence like Tuchel's lot.

35 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

You see, this worries me. Not the decision, but how the decisions are being made. I suspect the hell-for-leather package to get Potter was about worrying someone else would get there first, and that this is a similar panic.

Jacob sounds very much like a clueless journalist trying to cover his own back for rubbish journalism. 

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

Jacob sounds very much like a clueless journalist trying to cover his own back for rubbish journalism. 

Thought that about him for ages now. Seemed to have an inside line on the sanctions and new ownership but other than that he's utterly clueless.

• Agree 1