2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Chelsea bashing by McNulty and alot of the usual suspects,

ignore the facts he had such a poor win rate,

ignore the fact he went out of both domestic cups without a fight,

ignore the fact he never played the same 11

ignore the fact he couldnt get them to score

ignore the fact he didnt inspire from the sideline

ignore the fact nobody knew what his tactics were

ignore the fact his press conferences were to point out the oppo was better organised than we were

ignore the face he was over paid as the 4th best paid manager in the world

ignore the fact we gave him so many new players

ignore the fact Soton did the double

ignore the fact he was 11th,

ignore the fact our GD is MINUS 1

ignore the facts he chose to dump Auba even though there was no true CF available

and

ignore the fact Roman is no longer here

It was 100% the right decision to sack him, just too late.

I know. An absolute joke article.

He lost me at "brutal sacking".

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Max Fowler said:

He lost me at McNulty!

Disgraceful offering disguised as informed opinion.

Usual OG aside...something that has been angering me for a long time.

I usually look at the post article comments on bbc/guardian for as long as I can stomach so much mindless ugliness.

On here despite a wide range of differing opinions and at times unpleasant exchanges no one ever drops to the depths of sheer mindless moronic other club  bashing and insult that seems to be the overpowering theme elsewhere regarding Chelsea.

I can head to head with any genuine other club fan but what I read seems to bubble up from a deep source of almost evil. 

• Like 1

Bruno Saltor keeps banging about how difficult this sacking was for the players and Graham’s family.

Why tf would be want to hear that? Rally the players and the club for the battle man!!!

I thought Arsenal were mad to bring in Arteta, Edu and co. Slighlty better than mediocre players when we can install JT, Lamps, Ashley and Joe Coles, Paulo Ferreira etc. But we chose to appoint Bruto Saltor!

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bison said:

Reading new Tuchel quotes from today. Yet again talking about how much he loved the club, how he made friendships for life and how much it shocked him to leave.

I still can't believe we lost not just a great coach but somebody that passionate about the club for Graham Potter.

Man was literally prepared to drive a bus to the games!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

I'm sure all these "journalists" espousing self righteous indignation at the removal of Potter will have been the same ones last week explaining why he was rubbish.

8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Tuchel was our man, he was the manager we had been searching for for so long, a top level manager who also understood what it meant to be Chelsea and became one of us… then the government stepped in, followed by new owners and tore it all down.

I don't think you can ignore the fact that he was also going through a messy divorce, possibly a mental breakdown too, as well as alledgedly cavorting with a very young model when he should have been attending training sessions and apparently being very erratic around the players latterly showing undue preference to some while ignoring others. He paid a very high personal price for the work he did for our club during its dark days however I think his removal was unavoidable and he would have been well recompensed for it. It doesn't help us now obviously but I don't think we would have been seeing the old TT today had he not had a break away from the sport and the limelight. Time to turn the page.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Looking at the players' Twitter accounts... not a single message to or Tweet about Potter. Quite different to the reaction after Tuchel was sacked were there was genuine shock and sorrow. Maybe it's different on their other social media  platforms?

Edited by Bob Singleton
Typo

4 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Looking at the players' Twitter accounts... not a single message to or Tweet about Potter. Quite different to the reaction after Tuchel was sacked were there was genuine shock and sorrow. Maybe it's different on their other social media  platforms?

Chilwell and Madueke have recently put something on their Instagram accounts, but agree, seems much quieter compared to when TT went 

5 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Chilwell has broken the silence. 

57 minutes ago, Bones said:

Bruno Saltor keeps banging about how difficult this sacking was for the players and Graham’s family.

Why tf would be want to hear that? Rally the players and the club for the battle man!!!

I thought Arsenal were mad to bring in Arteta, Edu and co. Slighlty better than mediocre players when we can install JT, Lamps, Ashley and Joe Coles, Paulo Ferreira etc. But we chose to appoint Bruto Saltor!

This has me confused.  BS is only an interim.  Frank is never coming back and much as I love the others, none of them is qualified to be our manager yet, even if they wanted to be, interim or not.   

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, chara said:

What did he say Ham?...

The usual "thanks gaffer" type post. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I presume elsewhere as his last Tweet dates from 7th March!

Instagram I believe. Noni and Cucurella have followed suit. 

They're must have been a club instruction about the timing. 

Edited by Ham

24 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I don't think you can ignore the fact that he was also going through a messy divorce, possibly a mental breakdown too, as well as alledgedly cavorting with a very young model when he should have been attending training sessions and apparently being very erratic around the players latterly showing undue preference to some while ignoring others. He paid a very high personal price for the work he did for our club during its dark days however I think his removal was unavoidable and he would have been well recompensed for it. It doesn't help us now obviously but I don't think we would have been seeing the old TT today had he not had a break away from the sport and the limelight. Time to turn the page.

I think most of this is fiction. Of course he was under pressure. Of course some players - Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic, , Hudson-Odoi, Lukaku were unhappy. They were garbage under Tuchel and they have been garbage ever since, even those that left.

He was 6 games into a new season after a sudden change of ownership. Things would have calmed down. 

It was so avoidable it's untrue.

How about building structures around him to remove his mental strain in the short-term?

How about realising the context of what he had been through and taking that into account when planning for the future?

Instead we've gone on an insanely costly adventure hiring a manager noone thought was up to it in the first place.

Move on? Of course we have to.

As I have said for months - what happened with Tuchel are relevant details we have to consider with the new owners.

Do you seriously believe he had to go? Nonsense. Most of the players clearly still love him and we should have shown more loyalty.

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

The usual "thanks gaffer" type post. 

Instagram I believe. Noni and Cucurella have followed suit. 

They're must have been a club instruction about the timing. 

I mean most of them are so fake I wonder if the club produced them for them.

I guess they have people to do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Tuchel was our man, he was the manager we had been searching for for so long, a top level manager who also understood what it meant to be Chelsea and became one of us… then the government stepped in, followed by new owners and tore it all down. I understand why you may want your own man, but if they’d taken time to understand what it meant to be Chelsea and quite what Tuchel had done for the club, they may have given him longer and allowed him the space he wanted… but alas, it wasn’t to be and we ended up with 7 months of sheer confusion and regression.

What an absolute waste of a season!

Sam you have summed up the whole debacle with one post.

I  have agreed with all the sackings of managers in recent years but Tuchel is the one I   feel guilty even thinking he was to blame during his tenure.

In retrospect  I think he was the big fish that got away, or was thrown back into the sea by new owners that frankly didn't have clue.

I hope clearlake realise they were stupid on this occasion and seek out all the football professional expertise they can.

I still think we have a decent squad that needs trimmed for sure.Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough about our managerial candidates. I know we lost a manager that suited us just fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I'm sure all these "journalists" espousing self righteous indignation at the removal of Potter will have been the same ones last week explaining why he was rubbish.

Today's daily fail has Oliver Holt in full flow - As usual whatever is chalk in the real world it is cheese according to Holt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROTG said:

Today's daily fail has Oliver Holt in full flow - As usual whatever is chalk in the real world it is cheese according to Holt.

Just read it..."Superb Coach"..of a mid table mildly succesful club or at least a not failing one.

Not a word regarding GP's failure to make any progress or inspire any thoughts of progress.

Another anti Todd/Yank attack again with no basis of real analysis although there is enough room for valid questioning..another hit job disguised as informed opinion.

Why is it so hard to admit GP failed to step up his game?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chara said:

Just read it..."Superb Coach"..of a mid table mildly succesful club or at least a not failing one.

It is bizarre that Potter's coaching skills are still being lauded. It is precisely a lack of coaching that was most concerning and just objectively readily observable in our play. We looked like Cobham was being used as a fancy gym.

7 hours ago, Holymoly said:

An absolute bollocks of an appraisal. You know nothing of the man yet you spout nonsense of the snippets you have heard from dodgy people.

8 hours ago, JaneB said:

This has me confused.  BS is only an interim.  Frank is never coming back and much as I love the others, none of them is qualified to be our manager yet, even if they wanted to be, interim or not.   

Right. My point is why would you even have Bruno Saltor as an interim?

I guess we had Hiddink or Avram Grant in similar way, but having BS around in the coaching team just doesn’t brim me with confidence that players respect their coaches (Potter and his staff).

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

An absolute bollocks of an appraisal. You know nothing of the man yet you spout nonsense of the snippets you have heard from dodgy people.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine. The guy was clearly losing it at the end and the results were suffering. So he trousered his not insignificant payoff and went off to India for alternative therapy treatment. We hardly chucked him out on the street.

11 minutes ago, Bones said:

Right. My point is why would you even have Bruno Saltor as an interim?

I guess we had Hiddink or Avram Grant in similar way, but having BS around in the coaching team just doesn’t brim me with confidence that players respect their coaches (Potter and his staff).

Would not be surprised if Tiago S is asked to help out on the coaching side.

Also, This is the time when Neil Bath should step up and offer the likes of Andy Myers / Claude to help out the 1st team coaching squad. Would not hurt having a couple of true blues helping the coaching staff.

• Like 1