Chelsea Stadium Plans

Ham

22 hours ago, Ham said:

Given that the vote was 61% with no firm guarantees on where we were moving to (Battersea, Shepherds Bush and Old Oak Common were mooted) I'd suggest that 75% would be surpassed easily with EC in mind and no 5 years at Wembley.  

FYI Only - Probably the future should the club relocate to EC, with Football not being the primary generator of stadium revenue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3g0gg62g3ro

20 minutes ago, ROTG said:

FYI Only - Probably the future should the club relocate to EC, with Football not being the primary generator of stadium revenue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3g0gg62g3ro

Excellent work by Spurs.  Football stadium first and foremost and making fortunes on non-match days. 

This is the model to follow although the plan is to also have a separate arena venue on EC.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Excellent work by Spurs.  Football stadium first and foremost and making fortunes on non-match days. 

This is the model to follow although the plan is to also have a separate arena venue on EC.  

We could rebuild SB back to a multipurpose stadium and have greyhound back 😁😁😁

Stamford-Bridge-1.jpeg

@RDCW...totally understand and agree to a great extent your feelings about the emotional attachments to SB.

As commented on my earlier post,,at SB it's "Triggers Broom" for me and I fully expect to see my days out with SB.

EC is close enough not to be the "nuclear solution" as per Wimbledon and IF DONE PROPERLY would serve younger and future generations well.

I am currently (binge) watching "Slow Horses" and as with other contemporary shows I hardly recognise My London as I knew it but even if considered corny and old fashioned "Maybe It's Because I'm A Londoner" still holds true for me as does "Blue Is The Colour."

Make any sense?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Liquidator said:

I think it means enlarging Stamford Bridge is the only play left on the table....

Unless those plans are refused and the cost of the build goes up even further. 

Delancey are apparently cutting it thin on potential cost-effectiveness already thanks to the ridiculous insistence of 50% affordable housing. 

We also don't know precisely what plans have gone in. It's this phase one? 

Until planning is approved and the works start in earnest, I'm not giving up.