Chelsea Stadium Plans

Ham

3 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

so I take it the old Earls Courts exhibition area is out of the picture now? 

Also, its a shame the buildings at the front cant be bought

Nope. Earls Court is still on the table.  Reports suggest that buying Stoll makes no difference.

If we did move, we'd have a larger, more accessible piece of land to sell.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ham said:

Nope. Earls Court is still on the table.  Reports suggest that buying Stoll makes no difference.

I'd imagine they've bought up the Stoll land less because they definitely intend to use it and more because they cannot afford for someone else to buy it. Staying at Stamford Bridge until another stadium is built will 100% be the preference. 

44 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd imagine they've bought up the Stoll land less because they definitely intend to use it and more because they cannot afford for someone else to buy it. Staying at Stamford Bridge until another stadium is built will 100% be the preference. 

Absolutely. A reported 5 years at another ground doesn't sound very appealing. 

Incidentally I believe that little morsel of detail is designed to encourage the CPO to support a potential move to Earls Court. 

• 1 month later...

According to our good friends at the Daily Mail… Chelsea's owners hope to continue their attempts to spruce up Stamford Bridge by erecting two giant lion sculptures outside the ground.

An application has been submitted to Hammersmith & Fulham Council for permission to erect one of the lion sculptures, as displayed on Chelsea's badge, on top of the security hut at the Britannia Gate and the other on a plinth at the Stamford Gate.

According to the application, they will be up to eight feet tall, on top of their planned locations.

The exact cost of the scheme is unconfirmed.

A period of consultation is now under way which is open until next month with planning documents stating the new additions to Stamford Bridge's surroundings could be in place during November if permission is granted.

“The exact cost of the scheme is unconfirmed….” But you can be sure the owners will pay double the going rate.

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

According to our good friends at the Daily Mail… Chelsea's owners hope to continue their attempts to spruce up Stamford Bridge by erecting two giant lion sculptures outside the ground.

An application has been submitted to Hammersmith & Fulham Council for permission to erect one of the lion sculptures, as displayed on Chelsea's badge, on top of the security hut at the Britannia Gate and the other on a plinth at the Stamford Gate.

According to the application, they will be up to eight feet tall, on top of their planned locations.

A period of consultation is now under way which is open until next month with planning documents stating the new additions to Stamford Bridge's surroundings could be in place during November if permission is granted.

“The exact cost of the scheme is unconfirmed….” But you can be sure the owners will pay double the going rate.

They did take pains to emphasise  two or three times that the club had knocked the £10 coach tickets on the head too which was a nice touch , I'm surprised they didn't add a paragraph about how John Terry won't see the statues as he's gone to Saudi Arabia all on his own to take the money that every other footballer in the World has turned down but didn't go with Wayne Bridges ex Girlfriend this time.

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

And the band played on.........

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Hard to get excited about a new ground when your team is c***, the owners are c***, the medical and training supervision is c*** and you're finding it difficult to feel a connection to your club anymore.

I don't trust this lot with any development that involves knocking Stamford Bridge down. It's instinctive, a gut distrust that I won't pretend has a well evidenced basis, but it is there all the same. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I don't trust this lot with any development that involves knocking Stamford Bridge down. It's instinctive, a gut distrust that I won't pretend has a well evidenced basis, but it is there all the same. 

Let's have a look at the plans before slamming them eh?

6 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Just now, Ham said:

Let's have a look at the plans before slamming them eh?

I'm fine with anything that gets the opposition fans away from our goal and as far away from the action as possible  personally.

Edited by Mark Kelly