Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Tottenham win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/24 at 17:30

Guest Alex

I think even the doom-mongers will have to admit that this season was much better than last.

FFP is the big cloud hanging over us though. It's clear we need to keep Chalobah and Gallagher, but Kepa and Lukaku potentially returning will be problematic too with their huge wages.

I'm indifferent to Pochettino, but paying compensation for him to leave and getting nobody necessarily better means I'd like him to see out his contract.

I'd like to keep the five centre-backs and Fofana to come back from loan as a reserve CF challenging Jackson. Maybe we could see similar improvement to what Arsenal showed a few seasons ago when they were in a similar situation wondering whether to sack Arteta and not making any major signings.

Guest Alex

Very happy to see Caicedo and Cucarella start to show they aren't huge wastes of money. 

34 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do find it "amazing" that when whoever we are playing does something that would benefit us if found guilty the check takes a nanosecond and they're more often then not let off but if there is the remotes chance we will benefit then it's full on Sherlock Holmes forensic masterclas to deny us. 

We are being had, results are being manufactured 

Hard not to agree Mark...certainly not one of those "Win some Lose some" evens up over the season myths!

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

would leave the path pretty clear for Arsenal

Some things in football are bigger and more important than rivalries and this is one of them! 

City are the Lance Armstrong of football and for the integrity of the league as a whole they need to be very severely punished!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Some things in football are bigger and more important than rivalries and this is one of them! 

City are the Lance Armstrong of football and for the integrity of the league as a whole they need to be very severely punished!

The worry is that after they are sanctioned, the attention of the world turns to us.  

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

The worry is that after they are sanctioned, the attention of the world turns to us.  

City cheated on an industrial scale which is why there are 115 charges against them. So corrupt that it should lead to then being relegated at least one division and maybe more. The only way they might get out of this will be dirty politics coming into play.

We have bent the rules for sure but quite openly in doing so, but bending the rules isn't breaking them so we won't be charged for that. If we are found guilty of anything it will be for a few backhanders to agents etc and some relitively small discrepencies in the accounts which TB and co informed the league about. 

All  very small beer when compared to City and at worse we'll end up with a points deduction like Evertons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do find it "amazing" that when whoever we are playing does something that would benefit us if found guilty the check takes a nanosecond and they're more often then not let off but if there is the remotes chance we will benefit then it's full on Sherlock Holmes forensic masterclas to deny us. 

We are being had, results are being manufactured 

Surprised they didn't find enough to deny the opening goal. Really thought they had us there. 

28 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Surprised they didn't find enough to deny the opening goal. Really thought they had us there. 

I was half expecting them to go back through dental records/DNA or do an enhanced criminal records check to find a reason to deny the goal.  

Thankfully it didn't come to that.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Alex said:

I think even the doom-mongers will have to admit that this season was much better than last.

FFP is the big cloud hanging over us though. It's clear we need to keep Chalobah and Gallagher, but Kepa and Lukaku potentially returning will be problematic too with their huge wages.

I'm indifferent to Pochettino, but paying compensation for him to leave and getting nobody necessarily better means I'd like him to see out his contract.

I'd like to keep the five centre-backs and Fofana to come back from loan as a reserve CF challenging Jackson. Maybe we could see similar improvement to what Arsenal showed a few seasons ago when they were in a similar situation wondering whether to sack Arteta and not making any major signings.

I agree on replacing Poch, money lost and no guarantee anyone else will improve us.

Hopefully the Kings of Madrid get their wallet out for Kepa seems strange them having a player on loan given their public image.

Lukaku will be interesting as he gets older and probably slower, how will this play out.

I would think we would be better to let Enzo go as long as we are confident in Santos or another that with injuries they can step in.

Think we need another no.9 option with different skill set from Jackson, I say this as he is limited yet hardworking and we do not  have a decent sub.

Hopefully we move on Sterling, 

Impressed with Chalobah recently would like him to stay.

Can we count on long term injuries????

If james continues to be crocked we need cover for Gusto and not a central back, please. 

17 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

City cheated on an industrial scale which is why there are 115 charges against them. So corrupt that it should lead to then being relegated at least one division and maybe more. The only way they might get out of this will be dirty politics coming into play.

We have bent the rules for sure but quite openly in doing so, but bending the rules isn't breaking them so we won't be charged for that. If we are found guilty of anything it will be for a few backhanders to agents etc and some relitively small discrepencies in the accounts which TB and co informed the league about. 

All  very small beer when compared to City and at worse we'll end up with a points deduction like Evertons.

If City don't end up getting a severe punishment, then it leaves the door open for any team to go out there and fiddle the books and point back to this ruling for reasons not to be punished any heavier.

After handing down 115 charges, they have to follow through, otherwise, the whole thing looks horrendously embarrassing.

As you rightly say, our wrongdoings are minor in comparison to what City have done.

17 hours ago, Ham said:

I was half expecting them to go back through dental records/DNA or do an enhanced criminal records check to find a reason to deny the goal.  

Thankfully it didn't come to that.

It may well have Ham...would explain why it took so long!

• Like 1

Guest Alex
15 hours ago, jasonb said:

I agree on replacing Poch, money lost and no guarantee anyone else will improve us.

Hopefully the Kings of Madrid get their wallet out for Kepa seems strange them having a player on loan given their public image.

Lukaku will be interesting as he gets older and probably slower, how will this play out.

I would think we would be better to let Enzo go as long as we are confident in Santos or another that with injuries they can step in.

Think we need another no.9 option with different skill set from Jackson, I say this as he is limited yet hardworking and we do not  have a decent sub.

Hopefully we move on Sterling, 

Impressed with Chalobah recently would like him to stay.

Can we count on long term injuries????

If james continues to be crocked we need cover for Gusto and not a central back, please. 

Courtois is now back starting for Madrid and since Kepa's injury the have been playing Lunin, they won't be buying him.

Fofana seems a fairly similar player to Jackson, but I've only seen some highlights, but hopefully he might be more clinical.

Yep Enzo and Sterling being moved on would be ideal. Hard to see who'd come in for Sterling or him accepting a salary cut from his enormous salary package that nobody else would pay him. I'm pretty sure we're stuck with him.

The prospect of Broja, Kepa and Lukaku all returning isn't good. We still haven't managed to get a fee for Lukaku and at his age now I doubt there will be many takers. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Courtois is now back starting for Madrid and since Kepa's injury the have been playing Lunin, they won't be buying him.

Fofana seems a fairly similar player to Jackson, but I've only seen some highlights, but hopefully he might be more clinical.

Yep Enzo and Sterling being moved on would be ideal. Hard to see who'd come in for Sterling or him accepting a salary cut from his enormous salary package that nobody else would pay him. I'm pretty sure we're stuck with him.

The prospect of Broja, Kepa and Lukaku all returning isn't good. We still haven't managed to get a fee for Lukaku and at his age now I doubt there will be many takers. 

In the case of lukaku he is such a delusional tit he can't see what is best for him.

The Saudies will lose interest in him and unfortunately for us we are stuck with him.

On 03/05/2024 at 18:54, boratsbrother said:

We've probably been just as bad diddling the books so let's not throw stones when our house is made of glass 😂