Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Tottenham win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/24 at 17:30

1 hour ago, Floyd25 said:

Quite, compare that to arsenal who have one and City who have three. You can’t run a football club with ten or more injuries every weekend, all season long. 

There is no doubt that injuries have played a  part in our endeavors but I have no confidence in the guy that sets up the

Iteam with the players he has.

I have more dislike for the owners than Poch but he is the immediate problem 

5 hours ago, kev61 said:

There is no doubt that injuries have played a  part in our endeavors but I have no confidence in the guy that sets up the

Iteam with the players he has.

I have more dislike for the owners than Poch but he is the immediate problem 

I'd also question again: WTF do they do to these players in training? Every player with a medium term lay-off has had a significant setback either straight after returning, or when close to being ready.  Something is clearly very wrong here.  They must be battering them. 

And when was the last time any of us heard of ANY returning player getting U23/reserve/behind closed doors/academy match minutes instead of going straight back into Premier League action?? No gradual increase in minutes to recover match sharpness - just rehab, training, Prem action (and then reinjury). 

It seems to have completely disappeared as a concept of late.  That seems to be a very, very bad idea judging by what we are seeing. 

Medical dept being at fault is one thing, but it feels like the training ground regime is playing a more than significant part here too. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

So the team does quite literally pick itself tonight, with all the injuries we have we can only pick one team unless Poch surprises everyone and suddenly hands Casadei a start, which will not likely I'dhappen. Shockingly though, Casadei is likely to be the most experienced outfield player on our bench. It's quite incredible really and the club has to look into the injury situation before pre-season, we cannot have a repeat next season. Personally, I wouldn't be taking any of the long-term absentees on the tour of the USA in the summer, i'd leave them back here to do conditioning training and some matches against lower league clubs.

Petrovic

Gilchrist - Chalobah - Badiashile - Cucurella

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

I hope we get something but with the amount of players out, I don't see us getting anything out of the match tonight. The big worry is that if it starts to turn bad, Poch has nothing on the bench to change it.

I imagine the pre-game talk from the pundits will be around how we've spent so much money and still have such an experienced bench, rather than highlighting an injury list and crisis like no other club has or has ever had (from memory).

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

So the team does quite literally pick itself tonight, with all the injuries we have we can only pick one team unless Poch surprises everyone and suddenly hands Casadei a start, which will not likely I'dhappen. Shockingly though, Casadei is likely to be the most experienced outfield player on our bench. It's quite incredible really and the club has to look into the injury situation before pre-season, we cannot have a repeat next season. Personally, I wouldn't be taking any of the long-term absentees on the tour of the USA in the summer, i'd leave them back here to do conditioning training and some matches against lower league clubs.

Petrovic

Gilchrist - Chalobah - Badiashile - Cucurella

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

I hope we get something but with the amount of players out, I don't see us getting anything out of the match tonight. The big worry is that if it starts to turn bad, Poch has nothing on the bench to change it.

I imagine the pre-game talk from the pundits will be around how we've spent so much money and still have such an experienced bench, rather than highlighting an injury list and crisis like no other club has or has ever had (from memory).

There's goals in that side.

Sadly all in our net. 

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

There's goals in that side.

Sadly all in our net. 

We need a Cole Palmer masterclass tonight, he's the only way I see us getting anything out of the game. I also feel like he may need to replicate his 4 goals against Everton, just for us to get a draw!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

I'd also question again: WTF do they do to these players in training? Every player with a medium term lay-off has had a significant setback either straight after returning, or when close to being ready.  Something is clearly very wrong here.  They must be battering them. 

And when was the last time any of us heard of ANY returning player getting U23/reserve/behind closed doors/academy match minutes instead of going straight back into Premier League action?? No gradual increase in minutes to recover match sharpness - just rehab, training, Prem action (and then reinjury). 

It seems to have completely disappeared as a concept of late.  That seems to be a very, very bad idea judging by what we are seeing. 

Medical dept being at fault is one thing, but it feels like the training ground regime is playing a more than significant part here too. 

Tosh 

we have one of the biggest squads in the pl. it is not Poch’s fault the recruitment team brought players either in injured or with an injury history in two bob leagues they came from

Edited by ROTG
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Bert19 said:

We have players getting injured without, or barely playing. 

Disasi came on for 5 minutes at Villa. Injured. Chilwell against City, injured. Chuk was an unused sub against someone. Now injured. Sanchez came back, played one game. Injured. 

WTF is going on!!! 

• Agree 4

47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We have players getting injured without, or barely playing. 

Disasi came on for 5 minutes at Villa. Injured. Chilwell against City, injured. Chuk was an unused sub against someone. Now injured. Sanchez came back, played one game. Injured. 

WTF is going on!!! 

If there is any truth in this article then it will explain a lot of things.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/former-chelsea-physio-fearn-lifts-lid-on-shock-exit-after-13-years

22 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

If there is any truth in this article then it will explain a lot of things.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/former-chelsea-physio-fearn-lifts-lid-on-shock-exit-after-13-years

I'm not sure it explains anything . It certainly doesn't explain what is going wrong now, only what they were doing right previously. That said, the injury problems here started before the takeover, so that doesn't really get us anywhere closer to truth. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

As long as they’re all fit enough to be wheeled out for the pre season matches in the USA, the owners will be delighted.

I doubt that. and I expect you dont really believe it, either.

The on-field success is a pivotal part of everything. 

22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I doubt that. and I expect you dont really believe it, either.

The on-field success is a pivotal part of everything. 

No, it was very much said with my tongue in my cheek 🙂

Spurs: Vacario, Porro, Dirty Sod, Van der Ven, Emerson Royal, Bissouma, Sarr, Johnson, Kulusevski, Son, Richarlison

Subs: Skipp, Hojbjerg, Dragusin, Maddison, Gil, Lo Celso, Bentancur, Austin, Moore

Posted (edited)

It looks like both attacks are better than their respective defences, so it comes down to who can get control of midfield with Caicedo-Conor against Bissoumi-Sarr. Worry about Gilchrist against Son, though. Need Mudryk and Madueke to help out the defence.

Edited by Sciatika