Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Tottenham win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/24 at 17:30

Thought the defenders all had good games. Chalobah was good throughout and happy to see the Badiashile we saw last season.

Palner was relatively quiet by his recent standards. Madueke quite hit and miss but tracked back well, especially when young Acheampong came on he took extra responsibility to protect him. Nico was a nuisance, deserved his goal. Mudryk tried but he's simply playing ag the wrong level, just completely out of his depth.

All round good night. 

• Like 3

Just watched Ange post match interview - jeeez these are so passive agressive 😂😂

He seemed to be really angry with his players during the match, but then reitireted a few times that their defeat was his responsibility.

Aand its second match in the row I finally see Poch giving instructions to the players, shouting around etc 👍

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bones said:

Just watched Ange post match interview - jeeez these are so passive agressive 😂😂

He seemed to be really angry with his players during the match, but then reitireted a few times that their defeat was his responsibility.

Aand its second match in the row I finally see Poch giving instructions to the players, shouting around etc 👍

He will have wanted this result badly of course. I’m not saying we have turned the corner at all, but as Arsenal was imo genuinely alarming, this was refreshingly good. 😌 🦴 🦴 🦴 👀

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Poch basically calling out the sporting directors and owners here. 

What's he saying?

Very good first half, decent enough second. Cucurella playing in a bizarre defensive free role may actually have been MOTM, and Madueke actually helped out his full back. Bizzaro world stuff, but I'll take it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

These players are growing, slowly.

Yes they are, but everyone needs to stand firm with them (and Poch) when they have their bad days because there will be more bad days along the way back to where we want to be.

It's blatantly obvious they can and will only get better and better over the next couple of seasons.  

Great win but almost as important was the clean sheet. Hopefully that'll be the start of better things to come for our defence.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

What's he saying?

Very good first half, decent enough second. Cucurella playing in a bizarre defensive free role may actually have been MOTM, and Madueke actually helped out his full back. Bizzaro world stuff, but I'll take it!

He said 'enough is enough', spoke about being judged with circumstances out of his control, spoke about names having to play and underperforming etc. He rambled quite a bit and due to the language it felt like he couldn't really articulate what he wanted to say. 

Couple of quotes:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bison said:

He said 'enough is enough', spoke about being judged with circumstances out of his control, spoke about names having to play and underperforming etc. He rambled quite a bit and due to the language it felt like he couldn't really articulate what he wanted to say. 

Couple of quotes:

Interesting, will catch up on his comments when I get in. It did occur to me in the first half that the only times I've been at all impressed by us over a whole 45 or 90 minutes this season have been when Fernández hasn't been on the pitch.

• Agree 1

Poch is bang right for having a go about the relentless scrutiny he's under one game fron the next. Imho, it's  time TB came out and stopped the speculation and tell the media that Poch will be seeing out his contract. 

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Said it a few times and I’ll keep saying it until I don’t have to… give Gallagher his contract, he deserves it, he wants it, we want him to get it and the club needs him.

These owners don’t care though and they’re not interested in fan opinion, they’ll sell him and Trev due to FFP, be surprised if they didn’t. 

• Sad 1

I wish the language barrier wasn't a problem with that interview. I don't think Poch was able to articulate exactly what he meant in that interview.

Maybe at some point he will need to have a translator in the press conference. I remember Sarri doing that as a one off to communicate a message to his players when he was unhappy.

• Like 1

Just now, thevelourfog said:

Interesting, will catch up on his comments when I get in. It did occur to me in the first half that the only times I've been at all impressed by us over a whole 45 or 90 minutes this season have been when Fernández hasn't been on the pitch.

Caicedo has just had two monstrous games back to back without Enzo. I don't think this is a coincidence. 

Enzo can't run. We're now being told it's because he's been carrying an injury but he's been unable to run since the minute he got here so I'm not holding much hope for him being able to move any better next season. He's a luxury we simply cannot afford in my opinion but like a few others in the team the money has been spent so he has to play. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Poch is bang right for having a go about the relentless scrutiny he's under one game fron the next. Imho, it's  time TB came out and stopped the speculation and tell the media that Poch will be seeing out his contract. 

Poch is going nowhere whilst the dynamic duo of Winstanley and Stewart are at the helm along with hitting the 50pts mark. 

3 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

How is Cucurella not on that list?!

Because Mudryk didn't hit the corner flag with a shot tonight so we've gotta show him some love. 👍

Well, what a joyous evening's football! We were well up for it, competed solidly and could have had a couple more first half goals. The boys looked and played like they cared and the skill level was high. The defence looked like a unit and, Mudryk aside (a bit of a-curate's egg, but mostly bad), the whole side played well. 

Without wishing to rain on the parade, though, we did have a bit of luck. Earlier in the season midfield turnovers like those given up by Cucurella, Gallagher and Caicedo were punished with opposition goals. They also missed at least 2 absolute sitters.  I don't think we were bad in the 1st quarter of this season and our luck seems to have turned. 

Having said all that, we deserved to win and we saw some real talent. Buzzing !

57 minutes ago, Bones said:

Levy must have said no money for transfers unless you bring me the CL money 🤣