Next Chelsea manager

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Not really , I just don't want any more misery when Clownlake go for Southgate or Moyes

That's about our level. 

No quality coach is going to touch this squad of dolly mixtures, along with being a subservient to a couple of scouts who spent 1/2 a billion on creating this squad of dolly mixtures. 

After listening to the whole JT podcast with Simon Jordan I am now in no doubt as to what I want and what I think will happen.

Jose back, JT as his assistant with him eventually taking over.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

After listening to the whole JT podcast with Simon Jordan I am now in no doubt as to what I want and what I think will happen.

Jose back, JT as his assistant with him eventually taking over.

Martin, I watched it last night on YouTube.........curious what makes you so convinced? Not saying you're wrong, but as much as I'd love it, I didn't see what you are seeing.

The fact he (JT) is pottering around the club part time though, could be part explained by your theory. 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Martin, I watched it last night on YouTube.........curious what makes you so convinced? Not saying you're wrong, but as much as I'd love it, I didn't see what you are seeing.

The fact he (JT) is pottering around the club part time though, could be part explained by your theory. 

Couple of things Paul, firstly not sure if you remember but I said months ago I had been told by the most reliable man I know Pochettino was gone this summer and he said he thought it would be Jose. Now make of that what you will and it has no relation to the podcast but possibly makes me see, or hear, things differently as maybe I'm looking for things, that maybe aren't even there.

Anyway, it was just everything he said especially about himself as a player,  coach, manager, mentor, man. It's almost like he was briefed by the club to say exactly what this group of players need and he just happened to be THE man that is needed,  now obviously I know that hasn't happend, it's just coincidence,  isn't it?

Also how highly he spoke about Jose and the club in general. I can imagine, as he is employed by the club he would have had to run it by them and maybe even get their blessing to release the podcast. 

He spoke about how much he learnt from working with Dean Smith and his time at Villa. He spoke about his journey into management and how he wanted to learn his trade. You've got arguably the best possible mentor for this  group of players, who clearly wants to get back into coaching, into management speaking so highly of a man who is an absolute legend here, the biggest mentor to JT and currently available. Someone absolutely no doubt he would love to work with and learn from.

It was nothing specific and as I said in another thread about how important timing can be in life, by that I meant the actual timing of the podcast being released and what was said. Also more and more murmurings about Pochettino not being here past the summer. It's all about the timing. 

Its not the greatest timing for the current manager and it just all points to one thing for me........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I thought the way JT talked about standards, commitment and accountability among the players, in the same way that Frank had done after last season's horror show, was exactly what we need and what has gone AWOL over the last 2 years. We have had players carry that on, with continuity through the dressing room, right since Jose's first stint. I'm guessing, but it seems to me that maybe Rudiger was the last. Partly because the recruitment has been so young and inexperienced. How you rebuild that and instill it into a group of 21 year old multi millionaires is anybody's guess. It doesn't seem to be Poch's priority, that's for sure. 

I want Tuchel back, end of. But, if Jose did, by some freak of circumstances, end up coming back for round 3, he probably could educate them about what is expected. Yes, he might fall out with some and he might only last 2.5 years, but perhaps the legacy in the dressing room would endure for years afterwards? He would get us top 4 too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I thought the way JT talked about standards, commitment and accountability among the players, in the same way that Frank had done after last season's horror show, was exactly what we need and what has gone AWOL over the last 2 years. We have had players carry that on, with continuity through the dressing room, right since Jose's first stint. I'm guessing, but it seems to me that maybe Rudiger was the last. Partly because the recruitment has been so young and inexperienced. How you rebuild that and instill it into a group of 21 year old multi millionaires is anybody's guess. It doesn't seem to be Poch's priority, that's for sure. 

I want Tuchel back, end of. But, if Jose did, by some freak of circumstances, end up coming back for round 3, he probably could educate them about what is expected. Yes, he might fall out with some and he might only last 2.5 years, but perhaps the legacy in the dressing room would endure for years afterwards? He would get us top 4 too.

We don’t agree on much (and that’s great, I love to hear other views) but if I could like this post 1,000,000 times I would. 🧨💯💙

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Chelsea_Matt... nice post have to agree...question....why are so many posters afraid..it seems..that Jose (or such) would upset the aptly named dolly mixtures?

It's a grown ups game....not 8 year old scrambles...huge payday and for me it's put up or shut up...do your job and take the demands...not shrug them off.

• Love 1

Dont know where else to put this , so i hope the mods don't mind me posting it here?

Brighton are interested in McKenna, who would be my first choice if Poch is sacked.

Personally, I think moving from Ipswich to Brighton would be a very bad mistake and could set his career back years. Ipswich have the greater history and are  on the up over a club that's looking like it's peaked and on the decline. 

That said, he'd be equally bonkers to come and join us on a shit or bust  one year contract. Could well become the next great British manager if he plays his cards right and chooses the right club. 

37 minutes ago, chara said:

@Chelsea_Matt... nice post have to agree...question....why are so many posters afraid..it seems..that Jose (or such) would upset the aptly named dolly mixtures?

It's a grown ups game....not 8 year old scrambles...huge payday and for me it's put up or shut up...do your job and take the demands...not shrug them off.

Thanks chara. It’s a different world now in terms of how managers speak to players - even Jose acknowledged this a few years back. Sadly these days, hurt fee-fees, safe spaces and spurious “mental health” issues (that do a massive disservice to people who deal with REAL mental health problems every day) seem to matter above just about everything. 🤐👀🙈🧨😬

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Thanks chara. It’s a different world now in terms of how managers speak to players - even Jose acknowledged this a few years back. Sadly these days, hurt fee-fees, safe spaces and spurious “mental health” issues (that do a massive disservice to people who deal with REAL mental health problems every day) seem to matter above just about everything. 🤐👀🙈🧨😬

The big problem with Jose is his method of playing is seriously outdated in this era of the  Premiership.  The top ckubs have managers that send their teams out to play  without fear home and away against every team, to score goals and win. Jose would not send a team out to attack City, Liverpool, Arsenal and others home and away. He would send his team out to try not to lose, hopefully get a goal a hang on for dear life.

Not only would it be horrendous to watch, it simply wouldn't get us very far in the long run. He'd also ruin Palmer the same way he ruined Mata.

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

The big problem with Jose is his method of playing is seriously outdated in this era of the  Premiership.  The top ckubs have managers that send their teams out to play  without fear home and away against every team, to score goals and win. Jose would not send a team out to attack City, Liverpool, Arsenal and others home and away. He would send his team out to try not to lose, hopefully get a goal a hang on for dear life.

Not only would it be horrendous to watch, it simply wouldn't get us very far in the long run. He'd also ruin Palmer the same way he ruined Mata.

This.

Jose would often harp about Roma being a small club and tried to undersell them as much as he could, which aligned with the often negative football he'd instilled throughout his time there.

.Even during the Europa league final against an awful Sevilla side he set Roma up negatively, as if he was coming up against those prime Barcelona sides he faced here in some sort of David vs Goliath-esque match up. 

Again, I'm sure Jose would bring with him some positive qualities that could be passed on however there's just far too much excess baggage that tags along to not make it worth the hassle or risk. 

The Palmer/Mata statement is interesting also, kinda reminds me of what's also happened with Dybala now that De Rossi is in charge - he looks a changed man.

10 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

I just want the basics - organisation, strength, leadership, team spirit, a well-drilled defence, being clinical in the box and being very hard to play against. And yes, some legal shithousery. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I just want the basics - organisation, strength, leadership, team spirit, a well-drilled defence, being clinical in the box and being very hard to play against. And yes, some legal shithousery. 

This is very easy to say, but actually think about the outcome for a minute.

What you are asking for here is not actually that difficult to achieve. Sam Allardyce, David Moyes, Sean Dyche could all achieve this to some degree. Just to be clear, that is not me comparing them to Mourinho, before someone misses the point on this. It's me saying they can achieve what you say you want.

We are simply not good enough to challenge for the title right now. So presuming we all agree on this, what does a season of Mourinho (or the type of manager you want) actually bring us.

We concede less goals, we are a much stronger and well drilled outfit. We likely lose less games.

Then lets look at what we lose. We score less goals (to pre-empt the inevitable, no need for anyone to quote goals under JM at Chelsea, we don't have those players now), on a footballing scale, we basically retreat away from a positive football philosophy that many teams are trying to implement, even at lower league levels. We possibly end up winning less games, as draws probably increase. We become far less attractive to watch and a chance that some of the players end up not enjoying the experience of playing for Chelsea in this set up.

Now I get some might think the trade off on what we lose is worth it, if it means we win trophies......but we have been a little unlucky at Wembley twice this season at the business end of winning trophies, without sacrificing the positives I mention above. We are some way off competing for a league title, so cups are really only the trophies any manager can win here in the next 1-2 seasons.

Far too much has been invested in this club to take a clear retrograde step and employ Mourinho. That's not to say he can't bring key elements to what we need, but it really would be ripping up the whole plan/strategy the club has embarked on over the last 2 years, and walking in completely the opposite direction of the billions spent so far. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Most of those attributes will be all well and good but will also only take you so far in today's EPL. What you ask for there is a built for 8-6th place but nothing more than that.  

Not being clinical in the box is not the fault of a manager it is the fault of the indibidual missing those hood chances, just as it's not the fault of the managed for our keepers making basic errors and costing us lots of points.  Could do with a bit of shithhousery though. Caicedo is our man for that. Liking him more the more I see of him. 🙂

Jackson has openly admitted that he has missed too many chances this season. I must add that it's very refreshing to see a young player being so open and honest and not blaming anyone else for his mistakes. Makes me root for him to do well even more 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Most of those attributes will be all well and good but will also only take you so far in today's EPL. What you ask for there is a built for 8-6th place but nothing more than that.  

Not being clinical in the box is not the fault of a manager it is the fault of the indibidual missing those hood chances, just as it's not the fault of the managed for our keepers making basic errors and costing us lots of points.  Could do with a bit of shithhousery though. Caicedo is our man for that. Liking him more the more I see of him. 🙂

Jackson has openly admitted that he has missed too many chances this season. I must add that it's very refreshing to see a young player being so open and honest and not blaming anyone else for his mistakes. Makes me root for him to do well even more 

I’ll take 6-8 at the mo tbh 👀🧡💯😬💪