Matchday prediction  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Wet Ham win

This poll is closed to new votes

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 5 West Ham United 0

Lots of excellent performances today, but Madueke was particularly great imo. Always an option, beat his man pretty much every time and caused havoc. Loved his unselfish pass to Jackson for his first goal (which has been a sore point a few times this season with Sterling) - showed maturity and class from Noni.

Our home form has been pretty incredible in the second half of the season this year. 6th place well and truly on!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SideshowLuiz said:

Lots of excellent performances today, but Madueke was particularly great imo. Always an option, beat his man pretty much every time and caused havoc. Loved his unselfish pass to Jackson for his first goal (which has been a sore point a few times this season with Sterling) - showed maturity and class from Noni.

Also a good sign that he's learned a lesson after the criticism over his recent displays of petulance and selfishness and that the team is more important that the individual.

• Agree 1

I've worn the same Chelsea t shirt and drank at the same bar, same seat, on the same screen.  

I take full credit for the Spurs and Wet Spam wins.

😎🍻

Cucurella and Caicedo incredible again. 

I hate to say it but,  I told you so about this squad.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I've been out all day so how wonderful to come home to this result and be able to put it up on the forum.  Well played to everyone 👌

(Sorry but I have to add this....animal abusers are the pits to me and if they've done it once they'll do it again.  Anyone who would even consider this sort of cruelty has an evil place in their heart and deserves to have the same thing inflicted on them.  Yes, Zouma has been 'punished' and maybe he is sorry, but I would never trust someone like him ever again nor would I want anything more to do with them.  Some things you cannot move on from)

(Sorry Sam and Michael!!!!  But this is something I feel passionately about and I just had to have my say)

Now back to the football and a fantastic result!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I've been out all day so how wonderful to come home to this result and be able to put it up on the forum.  Well played to everyone 👌

(Sorry but I have to add this....animal abusers are the pits to me and if they've done it once they'll do it again.  Anyone who would even consider this sort of cruelty has an evil place in their heart and deserves to have the same thing inflicted on them.  Yes, Zouma has been 'punished' and maybe he is sorry, but I would never trust someone like him ever again nor would I want anything more to do with them.  Some things you cannot move on from)

(Sorry Sam and Michael!!!!  But this is something I feel passionately about and I just had to have my say)

I sponsor two animal charaties so it's clear where I stand on cruelty.

While I do think there are crimes where there should be no chance for someone  to redeem themselves, as horrible and wrong as it was, I don't think Zooma's crime falls into that category. If he is truly sorry (only he knows that) then he can learn from this and become a better person for it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, boratsbrother said:

I sponsor two animal charaties so it's clear where I stand on cruelty.

While I do think there are crimes where there should be no chance for someone  to redeem themselves, as horrible and wrong as it was, I don't think Zooma's crime falls into that category. If he is truly sorry (only he knows that) then he can learn from this and become a better person for it. 

I'm in the camp where he had it in him to do what he did in the first place for fun and so his only regret is getting caught.

Anyone who would do that is a lifelong wrongun.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm in the camp where he had it in him to do what he did in the first place for fun and so his only regret is getting caught.

Anyone who would do that is a lifelong wrongun.  

Believe me, I'm not a wishy washy bleeding heart. I'm quite strong on crime and punishment, but I also believe in giving people a second chance after their first offence, but only a second chance.  Not third,  tenth or 50th like some scum are getting away with, with these appalling judges.

We were very good. Some of our passing and movement was nice to watch. And we’ve clearly been working on our finishing. Jackson in particular took his chances well. Very kind of West Ham to take the day off though. And they still somehow managed to hit the woodwork three times.

The satisfying thing about the last couple of performances is being able to see things falling into place. Palmer and Gallagher we know about. But Caicedo, Cucurella, Chalobah, Badashiele, Jackson, Madueke all look like they’ve stepped up a level and look like they’re enjoying playing together. Mudryk  is still a work in progress but he wasn’t noticeably as poor today. Petrovic was very solid as well. 

I was worried after the Arsenal loss that we’d let the end of the season drift and we’d just give up, but credit to the manager and players for ending the season hopefully on a high and a European place. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Tottenham 's goal difference is the same as ours right now. I thought they were miles ahead. 

Too late to be thinking about catching them though. But which team do you think will be starting next season as favourites to get 4th, us or Spurs? Imho,  right now we are the 4th best team in the league  and will start next season as hot favourites for 4th. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Too late to be thinking about catching them though. But which team do you think will be starting next season as favourites to get 4th, us or Spurs? Imho,  right now we are the 4th best team in the league  and will start next season as hot favourites for 4th. 

100% us. Spurs look like declining while we are rising and I don't think Levy will give them the budget Ange needs to sort it. 

• Like 1

Sorry, I just realised I forgot to add the lineups, stats and match event panel at the top!

I've added it in now (a bit late) and the highlights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Bit odd this. The better we are doing the fewer posts there are in the match thread. 

It's very often the case, although the Spurs match thread was very busy, so it could also have to do with it not being shown on TV.

For me personally, I had a manic day today, so just about got to sit down and watch it and was then back up again cooking a roast, so haven't been has active on here today as normal.

3 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Sadly, I think the decision has already been made and Poch will be sacked and my hunch is Jose will return.

I can’t see that happening, I don’t think they’d go for Jose, but you might be right that they’ve made their mind up, same applies with Gallagher and Chalobah. 

25 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's very often the case, although the Spurs match thread was very busy, so it could also have to do with it not being shown on TV.

The Spurs thread wasn't busy though. It has only 290 replies, which is way down on the 533 for Villa, 563 Arsenal, 445 Everton.  Even Sheff Utd had 387. So far today's has only 168.😟

19 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

I can’t see that happening, I don’t think they’d go for Jose, but you might be right that they’ve made their mind up, same applies with Gallagher and Chalobah. 

Losing Gallagher would significantly damage our chances of top four next season. Would be crazy to sell a Chelsea boy who is one of our most important players and right at the time when he's forging a very good partnership with Caicedo. I want Chalobah to stay too. He'll be a very good squad player for us and get plenty  of games as a rotation player and sub. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Tottenham 's goal difference is the same as ours right now. I thought they were miles ahead. 

Shame Droy is banned. He was saying Spurs would finish 20+ points ahead of us. It's not beyond the whit of man we are within 3

Edited by paulw66
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

The Spurs thread wasn't busy though. It has only 290 replies, which is way down on the 533 for Villa, 563 Arsenal, 445 Everton.  Even Sheff Utd had 387. So far today's has only 168.😟

Weird, it felt busier.

It has always been the case that it's quieter when we're playing well. I think we all just get on better when that happens!

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I don’t want to cancel him. I just think some patterns of behaviour are indicative of a certain type of personality. And I find his extremely disagreeable, because abusing animals points to an inadequate, violent and scumbag type who deserve derision. And for that I’m glad he was part of a team who we destroyed on the pitch. He has to live with being an animal abuser. I’m not advocating more punishment. Just glad he got a 5-0 beating today. That’s all I was saying.  🤷🏻‍♂️👀🦴

Fair enough 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Enzo was clearly playing whilst injured and needed surgery.

Would be foolish to write him off.

Yes - lets not write him off, but at the same time agree that Conor + Caicedo is a much better option in midfield, especially with RB occupying that CM role when we have the ball

• Like 1