21 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Wet Ham win

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Standard 

Not at all it a bank holiday weekend and some have commitments. 

Will watch the highlights later. 

off the top of my head, I believe Palace put five past west spam a couple of weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

Losing Gallagher would significantly damage our chances of top four next season. Would be crazy to sell a Chelsea boy who is one of our most important players and right at the time when he's forging a very good partnership with Caicedo. I want Chalobah to stay too. He'll be a very good squad player for us and get plenty  of games as a rotation player and sub. 

I completely agree. What Gallagher brings is something few others can IMO, in terms of his engine and willingness to close down and chase non stop. Equally his passion and desire to fight for the badge and the fans, is not something you can ever buy.

In addition to all that, he seems to fit perfectly with Caicedo as you say. It seems like one of those partnerships that just works and once you come across that, you should do everything you can not to split it up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

What is going on !!! It's like your partner coming home and hitting you with some Karma Sutra moves.  We've been toilet, bar some odd performances throughout the season, and now we've gone fully Debbie Dallas. I'm soo confused!!

Quite the analogy!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Bones said:

Yes - lets not write him off, but at the same time agree that Conor + Caicedo is a much better option in midfield, especially with RB occupying that CM role when we have the ball

Let's see. Am sure if either of CG or MC were playing whilst needing surgery then the judgement would be different 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

What is going on !!! It's like your partner coming home and hitting you with some Karma Sutra moves.  We've been toilet, bar some odd performances throughout the season, and now we've gone fully Debbie Dallas. I'm soo confused!!

Imo, there have been periods of quality play all season, but they were cancelled out by no end of brainfarts, poor play, poor team selections, players playing as individuals, too many chances created but not finished off and some sheer bad luck at times.

Now we are seeing a hard working team, more good individual moments, better balance in the team, fewer brainfarts and a bit more luck going our way too. 

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

I've been very critical of Madueke, really hope the last two games are a sign of some lessons finally sticking because he will be two or three times the player and someone genuinely worth having about if so.

West Ham gave up at 2-0 but still lovely to put them to the sword. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Bit odd this. The better we are doing the fewer posts there are in the match thread. 

Aha … you noticed, too … 

Another great performance.

Whatever people think of Noni's abilities, he is a player who makes the right decisions with the ball, and in this situation, it was a pass to Jackson.

I put my hands up about giving up on Pochettino before the last three games. But at least I had followed him for many years.  I find it harder after a few games to give up on a young player I hardly know,  a player who had been scouted not only by Chelsea. I always refused to believe that Madueke, Badiashile, Gusto, or even Cucurella were as bad as some people were making of them. 

Badiashile's timing of interception was brilliant all afternoon. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

One more thing - I’m thrilled Zouma is on the end of this hiding because he’s a nasty, animal-abusing c**t who can go and f**k himself with a rusty pitchfork. @JaneB 💯💯 🐱💙

Cat lives matter.

• Haha 1

I've been critical of Madueke in the past but I thought he gave a better interview after the game than I was expecting and he's also been to Jurgen Klopp's dentist 😁

Keep it up young man and don't get carried away with your own publicity. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can’t work out whether the tactical decision to invert Cucurella into midfield is  genius or absolutely obvious and 6 months too late! 

But either way, it’s working really well, both by being able to build 3-2 when we have the ball to create overloads and also to help Caicedo and Gallagher out without the ball to win it back quickly. 

Cucerella has never been a great touchline wing-back IMO but this position really suits him.  You could see Reece James or Gusto doing the same role too.

Credit to the manager and all of the players for the last 3 games since Arsenal, but particular mentions to Chalobah, Badiashille, Cucerella, Caicedo, Madueke and Gallagher. 

Bit concerned that we’re going to sell 2-3 in that list come the summer though which would be a huge mistake…

I’m just hoping now that we don’t do anything too drastic in the summer, work on getting the injured players back, addressing the medical, conditioning issues and sign a couple of players (ie striker to share the burden with Jackson who will also make a great left forward) 

And no-one from the current squad should be sold before Kepa, Ziyech, Lukaku, Maatsen (who wants out) and Broja. 

• Like 2

Wonderful result and always a pleasure to beat them. 

They were trash, no teamwork going on and  are now relying on individual moments from Antonio, Bowen or Kudos. The space and time afforded to us in midfield was astounding and the Ogbonna/Zouma pairing is long past its sell-by date.

Celebrating the win, but maintaining realism. I thought everyone in blue (including the keeper, who made three very good saves) on the pitch was effective today.  Liked Jackson again today, Caicedo/Gallager/Cucurella trio worked well, but will have sterner challenges than the surrender offered by the opposing team today. Chalobah had a few problems with Antonio to begin with, then ‘Dad’ stepped in (Silva) to sort things out and we didn’t see much of him then.

Well done to all though,

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, east lower said:

Celebrating the win, but maintaining realism

Agree

Far to easy for some to say the team has turned a corner 

8 minutes ago, east lower said:

They were trash, no teamwork going on and  are now relying on individual moments from Antonio, Bowen or Kudos. The space and time afforded to us in midfield was astounding and the Ogbonna/Zouma pairing is long past its sell-by date.

Since the middle Feb that back line has conceded 4 or more goals on 4 occasions, have seen the brief highlights it would appear many of the West Ham are already in holiday / euro's mode.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, east lower said:

Celebrating the win, but maintaining realism. I thought everyone in blue (including the keeper, who made three very good saves) on the pitch was effective today.  Liked Jackson again today, Caicedo/Gallager/Cucurella trio worked well, but will have sterner challenges than the surrender offered by the opposing team today. Chalobah had a few problems with Antonio to begin with, then ‘Dad’ stepped in (Silva) to sort things out and we didn’t see much of him then.

Well done to all though,

Fair and balanced as always.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Agree

Far to easy for some to say the team has turned a corner 

The last three performances have been good but imo we shouldn't be taking too much from such sort sample sizes, be they positive or negative. 

What we can see over a significant enough period of time is the team is  improving. Not only does the team  look a better team on the eye test  but the stats will back it up. Along with that, commentators, pundits, rival fans are all saying we are improving and enjoying watching us as well, which is an added bonus. For the neutrals, this is possibly the most well liked Chelsea team since the days of Zola, Vialli and co.

Despite our scoreline WHU hit the woodwork three times and blasted at least one chance wide.

Poch seems to have us scoring regularly and is getting confidence back into players we thought must leave, that has to be good.

Lets see how we finish,

2 minutes ago, jasonb said:

Despite our scoreline WHU hit the woodwork three times and blasted at least one chance wide.

Reminds me of us for many occations this season.............

About time the tide turned in our favour

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Managed to catch the last 35 minutes after work so only saw 1 goal out of the 5! I did manage to catch all the highlights after the match though. The commentary team were saying that although they’d hit the bar twice the score line was still very much fair on balance of play. West Ham looked more like the team that had played Thursday night than we did, couldn’t believe the energy and running we were doing even in the 80th minute. 
Great performance and a great result that was well deserved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

I can’t work out whether the tactical decision to invert Cucurella into midfield is  genius or absolutely obvious and 6 months too late! 

But either way, it’s working really well, both by being able to build 3-2 when we have the ball to create overloads and also to help Caicedo and Gallagher out without the ball to win it back quickly. 

Cucerella has never been a great touchline wing-back IMO but this position really suits him.  You could see Reece James or Gusto doing the same role too.

Credit to the manager and all of the players for the last 3 games since Arsenal, but particular mentions to Chalobah, Badiashille, Cucerella, Caicedo, Madueke and Gallagher. 

Bit concerned that we’re going to sell 2-3 in that list come the summer though which would be a huge mistake…

I’m just hoping now that we don’t do anything too drastic in the summer, work on getting the injured players back, addressing the medical, conditioning issues and sign a couple of players (ie striker to share the burden with Jackson who will also make a great left forward) 

And no-one from the current squad should be sold before Kepa, Ziyech, Lukaku, Maatsen (who wants out) and Broja. 

Imagine we had Lewis Hall at LB inverting into midfield. I get angry just thinking about it. His technical ability and power running with the ball would have been immense in this role. 

The idea of inverting theB wmworks but having the best possible player performing the role is what takes us to the next level. It's not Cucurella and damn sure isn't Chilwell.