Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Nottingham Forest win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/24 at 15:30

4 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

3 goals by 3 different attacking/forward players. 

Excellent

The coms just mentioned we've scored nearly twice as many this season than we did last season. An astonishing imptovement! 

We'll be league champs if we improve our defence as much as that next season. 

Poor performance, but players dug in and got the result and Poch made the difference with his changes. I’ll take it!

They were nasty today, leaving things in our players constantly, mainly because the ref let them.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, this team enjoy doing things the hard way, two brilliant goals to win that game although we were poor for long periods. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

It was like watching the last game of the season when you've won the league weeks previously and have the Champions league final mid week. 

Obviously none of that will happen under Pochettino so this type of performance is all he can give us as a reminder. 

Poch is on course for 60pts. 
absolute miracle worker given the bag of dolly mixtures the not so dynamic duo gave him. 

The second half was much better. CHO scored a good goal, but poor to show him inside. Raheem scored a lovely goal with the same defensive errors. We need to work much more with these defenders on the training pitch. They are still making silly errors. Still, it's nice to win. Reece James—what a player!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, this team enjoy doing things the hard way, two brilliant goals to win that game although we were poor for long periods. 

As much as I love entertaining, attacking football, if any team wants  to be up there with the best, they all have to learn to win ugly and that's what we did today. 

In recent times we were in serious trouble against any team who scored one goal, but now we have the firepower to scare any team. Imho,  that's the biggest  problem which has been fixed this season. 

Liverpool have been doing this for years. Not played well but had the likes of a Salah or Mane to get them out of trouble. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

Poch is on course for 60pts. 
absolute miracle worker given the bag of dolly mixtures the not so dynamic duo gave him. 

Not sure. Listen; my views on the chuckle brothers and Todd’n’Eggy are well known. But it’s only been the last few games we’ve even been close to looking like a team.

I think Poch would have persisted with Enzo, and got lucky with Caicedo suddenly looking like a footballer (rather than a marathon runner) by playing with Conor. 

Edited by Chelsea_Matt
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

Not sure. Listen; my views on the chuckle brothers and Todd’n’Eggy are well known. But it’s only been the last few games we’ve even been close to looking like a team.

I think Poch would have persisted with Enzo, and got lucky with Caicedo suddenly looking like a footballer (rather than a marathon runner) by playing with Conor. 

We have also  played games without Enzo and looked awful. We didn't have him today and looked awful for long periods. I thought Gallagher looked knackered today  and had one of his poor games.

Hands up, I jumped the gone with some of my reactions in terms of the end result, but the frustrations are still there in terms of much of the performance today and it is the type of performance we've seen so many times this season, however, this time we were able to come through it and get a result. Having proper options on the bench helped and Poch made the right changes at the right time as well.

The defence were very sloppy today and they made it so hard to build any momentum up and then at the other end, Jackson, Mudryk and Madueke were really quite poor, especially when you compare how Jackson and Madueke have performed in recent weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The second half was much better. CHO scored a good goal, but poor to show him inside. Raheem scored a lovely goal with the same defensive errors. We need to work much more with these defenders on the training pitch. They are still making silly errors. Still, it's nice to win. Reece James—what a player!

I thought Trev dealt with CHO well. The goal then came from when Gusto was playing RB and that was when CHO had more joy, probably down to lack of knowledge of CHO from Gusto. 
It was a nice goal, but overall I thought CHO didn’t look too different to the player who was at Chelsea. In the first half, there still seemed a reluctance to actually commit and run at players . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Moving the attacking player is something they learn and practice and, for the most part, Trevoh was doing it well. But, it only takes one error.... 

On people like Poch being lucky, I tend to think that being lucky is essential in a good manager. The skill becomes how to capitalise on it. I could also quote Gary Player, but am not sure that's appropriate in this case. 

Edited by Sciatika

12 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I thought Trev dealt with CHO well. The goal then came from when Gusto was playing RB and that was when CHO had more joy, probably down to lack of knowledge of CHO from Gusto. 
It was a nice goal, but overall I thought CHO didn’t look too different to the player who was at Chelsea. In the first half, there still seemed a reluctance to actually commit and run at players . 

The real question is the £30m upgrade any better than CHO

• Like 1

• JaneB changed the title to Nottingham Forest 2 Chelsea 3