Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Nottingham Forest win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/24 at 15:30

Nothing funnier than sitting out of the match day thread and watching the same clowns appear and then disappear when we fall behind and then win.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Not sure we deserved to win that. We were pretty poor until we went behind and Poch chucked the subs on. Before the game, I thought we were going to carry on our form from the last couple of games, but boy was I wrong.  We were ponderous, no one was making any runs, Mudryk, Madueke and Jackson weren’t in the game and Silva spent most of the match standing on the ball waiting for some movement from the forwards.  It was rubbish. 

Fortunately, Pochettino made the changes, Sterling scored a good equaliser and Reece James set up a cross for Jackson who managed not to miss. 

We showed good character  to salvage the three points, but a big improvement needed to end the season on a high and win the last two games. 

Yes. A different kind of win I guess. I’m just glad Reecey didn’t explode. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🧨🧨

Sat what you like about this team, band keeps going till the very end.  The leaky defence is a worry though and Poch will  have to fix that problem for next season.  I was screaming "Get Jackson off, he's doing absolute;y FA", but thankfully Poch didn't listen to me!  Palmer again the top man, great assist for the first goal.  Let's now hope we win our next two games and see what happens.

57 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I thought Trev dealt with CHO well. The goal then came from when Gusto was playing RB and that was when CHO had more joy, probably down to lack of knowledge of CHO from Gusto. 
It was a nice goal, but overall I thought CHO didn’t look too different to the player who was at Chelsea. In the first half, there still seemed a reluctance to actually commit and run at players . 

Isn't that the problem, that some people expect a winger to run at players regardless of the situation? CHO is a top all round player who reads the game; knows when to run at players, when to pass, and when to shoot. His "upgrade" Madueke spent  all afternoon trying to run at players and losing the ball each time. He looked half the player of CHO in second gear.

I know that on a good day, Madueke is a top winger. This afternoon showed what happens when you try too hard to run at the FB unnecessarily when your opponents sit back and your team is not transitioning fast. The harder you try the worse it gets. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Nothing funnier than sitting out of the match day thread and watching the same clowns appear and then disappear when we fall behind and then win.  

Performance doesn't matter it's all about winning. We don't give a good performance but win yet now there's criticism of the performance.

The fans at the match went wild again and got their money's worth yet again.🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

I for one hope the egghead gets smashed

If Fury is half as good as he thinks he is and with his huge size advantage, he should walk right through Usyk and stop him by half way.

Just watched the Poch interview after the game.

He talked about the first 10 games being difficult but over the last 26 we are the 4th or 5th in the league in points.  This team will have to regress next season not to get top 4.

1 minute ago, boratsbrother said:

He talked about the first 10 games being difficult but over the last 26 we are the 4th or 5th in the league in points.  This team will have to regress next season not to get top 4.

Watch this space. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

The team is improving for sure. We also need the manager to improve. Another manager might have sent the team flying off the block this afternoon considering we had so much time to prepare and rest, and considering what's at stake. We're still clueless about how to defend our far post. The manager must improve If these parts of our game is to get better next season.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Siidi said:

The team is improving for sure. We also need the manager to improve. Another manager might have sent the team flying off the block this afternoon considering we had so much time to prepare and rest, and considering what's at stake. We're still clueless about how to defend our far post. The manager must improve If these parts of our game is to get better next season.

If he stays, working in his favour next season will be not having to significantly  improve all areas of the team.  Of course he'll want to continue the progress in midfield and attack, but defence is now the one clear area of weakness so more time can be spent on that.

• Like 1

OK...had to miss the second half but watched the recording knowing the score but not the sequence,,,as a Chelsea vet with so many scars  it is one of the games pleasures watching the true sense of "It's the hope that kills you" hitting the opposition fans. Not a good sport?...hell no.... can't recall any oppo sympathy when Chelsea suffered "bad" moments!

I tried to follow the match thread in line with the game and understand exactly where all view points were coming from but able to be a bit more analytical...a "typical" CHO goal but generally as someone said about how he was at Chelsea.....don't begrudge the goal.

Thought James looked good for his cameo...looked the player he is but early days of course'

Have no intention of getting dragged into the Petr dig arguments....but,,,he stopped Woods early on and apart from the fact that I now no longer understand the offside rules the goal came off a toe (Conor?) and the second goal was as good as you will see...took some really difficult crosses,,,, if palmer had scored that goal at the other end n onoe would have looked at the keeper...still consider him a good'ish average EPL keeper ,,not PC or elite.

Did I miss a change in offside?..or did I never understand it?...three players offside as the FK came over clear as anything or is that now ok?..happy to be told I do not understand the rules...anyone?

and...as ever.. @east lower...usual request,,how was it in the trenches?

• Like 1

I watched the highlights again and Forest's first goal really is awful defending. Jackson briefly started to track his runner, then just stopped, giving him a free header. We really need to sort that kind of thing out next season, we cannot be giving away such cheap goals.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

If he stays, working in his favour next season will be not having to significantly  improve all areas of the team.  Of course he'll want to continue the progress in midfield and attack, but defence is now the one clear area of weakness so more time can be spent on that.

I can see how some aspects of our attacking being improved by signing a No 9 of quality. Our lack of organisation in defence however  cannot be corrected by new signings. And  if Pochettino hasn't figured out all season how to fix it, I doubt he will fix it next season.

18 minutes ago, Siidi said:

I can see how some aspects of our attacking being improved by signing a No 9 of quality. Our lack of organisation in defence however  cannot be corrected by new signings. And  if Pochettino hasn't figured out all season how to fix it, I doubt he will fix it next season.

Klopps Liverpool team were being let down by their defence and keeper. The team moved up levels overnight with the signings of Alison and VVD.  Problem is,  game changing keepers and CB's are very few and far between these days. Lots of OK ones but not many who'd turn a good team into title contenders and winners. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ham said:

That also goes for some of the regulars 

10 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Klopps Liverpool team were being let down by their defence and keeper. The team moved up levels overnight with the signings of Alison and VVD.  Problem is,  game changing keepers and CB's are very few and far between these days. Lots of OK ones but not many who'd turn a good team into title contenders and winners. 

Defending set pieces is not always about having the best defenders. Drogba was good at tracking his man and  heading away corners, but he played under managers who knew what the players must do in those situations, instructed them and saw that they carried it out. We can blame Nicolas Jackson for allowing Boli a free run at the ball, but our defending issues are more systemic. The blame is squarely at Pochettino's feet, I'm afraid. 

Couldn't watch live, from extended highlights broadly positive that we didn't crumble at 2-1 and eeked out a win from an at best so-so performance over 90 minutes. In a different season, I'd have a much more positive view of that, in this one it's hard to not look at how easily we concede and think "is that really going to be any better come August?".

Lovely to see James back. I do think we're immediately at least 10 points better off if he can do 30 games next season.

• Like 1