Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Nottingham Forest win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/24 at 15:30

17 minutes ago, jasonb said:

I was there unfortunately and was it the debut for Frank Sinclair. 

Him, Dale Jasper and Chris Sutton are lucky there was no social media back in the day. 

They had some stinkers between them.  

• Haha 1

I think most of us would have experienced a range of emotions yesterday, but bringing that kind of experience off the bench was a huge positive.

We've got goals in us and I like that. Never want to go back to that team who conceded first and then stood no chance of coming back.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

We've got goals in us and I like that. Never want to go back to that team who conceded first and then stood no chance of coming back.

Not just that, but also when we do get back into games we don't sit back and settle for a point, no matter how late in the game it is. To win the league these days you've got to be brave, be prepared to conceed goals in the attempt to out score the opposition.

In 2024 only City, Arsenal and Liverpool have won more points than us, with Liverpool winning only one more point. Hard facts which  prove the team is improving and improving at a fast rate now.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Morning after and paranoid Colorado weather,,nearly three inches of snow and lightening nearby,,sigh,

One uncommented on change that I think is creeping up on us is the very early goal for Chelsea somewhat against the run of play,,,, not an every game occurance but yesterday was noticable for me at least,,,,we have "endured" a spell of late somewhat unjustified equalising goal etc (as in against the run of the game),,brain farts and sheer bad luck compounded by a lack of deep organisation in the defence line up..(another subject altogether) but the "rub" seems to be favouring us to a degree,

Again,,,can someone explain the Off side mysteries to me ?..or at the very least the VAR version of the law of the game?,,, as an aside as a modest exkeeper for me anyone in and around the goal area is interfering with play as all keepers are/should be aware of the multitude of possibilities and no player can be considered as being neutralised...just me,

Thanks again to @east lower,,and all game attenders (attendees?) whogive us up front viewpoints.

Edited by chara
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ham said:

Him, Dale Jasper and Chris Sutton are lucky there was no social media back in the day. 

They had some stinkers between them.  

Sinclair was a good defender on his day but Dale Jasper couldn't defend a sandcastle,  as we saw at Sunderland in 1985 when he gave away two penalties which cost us a day out at Wembley.  As for Chris Sutton, if we put a plank up front the plank would have done a better job!  An absolute donkey and that is an insult to donkey, and ditto Tony Cascarino.

21 hours ago, Bison said:

Cucurella is so bad it's hilarious. 

He has actually improved quite a bit. Not worth 60m but we overpaid for most of our signings.  

I'd say we have made money on Palmer and Gusto, possibly Madueke and Jackson. Jury out on Lavia and Nkunku, and lost money on Enzo, Cuca, Disaster, Badiashile, Fofana, Sanchez, Mudryk and Cuerado.

1 hour ago, blueandproud said:

Sinclair was a good defender on his day but Dale Jasper couldn't defend a sandcastle,  as we saw at Sunderland in 1985 when he gave away two penalties which cost us a day out at Wembley.  As for Chris Sutton, if we put a plank up front the plank would have done a better job!  An absolute donkey and that is an insult to donkey, and ditto Tony Cascarino.

What's worse is when Sutton says on commentary "he's got to get that on target". 

I think back to watching him trip over the ball with only the keeper to beat.  

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Ham said:

What's worse is when Sutton says on commentary "he's got to get that on target". 

Correct 

He did have his Andy Warhol moment against ManUre. 😀

56 minutes ago, Ham said:

Sutton couldn't trap a dead rat in a phone box

56 minutes ago, Ham said:

Physician heal thyself springs to mind. 

Blokes a 24 carat asshat. 

On 11/05/2024 at 16:43, Holymoly said:

Mate I was in primary school when we won the FA Cup in 1970. Little did I know that would be the last domestic trophy I'd see for 37 years. Cynicism was bred into me during the intervening years 😃

I know it must have felt longer! 

On 11/05/2024 at 19:55, My Blood Is Blue said:

, Jackson, Mudryk and Madueke were really quite poor, especially when you compare how Jackson and Madueke have performed in recent weeks.

But that's what you get with these type of players.  A bit more maturity = bit more consistency.

On 11/05/2024 at 20:50, Ham said:

Nothing funnier than sitting out of the match day thread and watching the same clowns appear and then disappear when we fall behind and then win.  

The match day thread never fails to disappoint when we are losing (or not winning )

Just read this one. How many of their players are labelled better than ours, yet, even ignoring that this game was fairly even, they sit 16th. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/05/2024 at 11:39, NoblyBobly said:

I will make you a sportsman’s bet that if we don’t get Europa , data says he’s off. 
50 pts guarantees you sweet FA. 

Ok @ROTG , you owe me a pint and a KitKat. 
I think that was the final agreed amount? 🧐

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

No problem. 

I'll send a tenner to the website fund 

• Love 1

18 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

The bet ended with a draw, right? We did manage to the Europa Conference AND he was off 😁😁😁

12 hours ago, asvaberg said:

The bet ended with a draw, right? We did manage to the Europa Conference AND he was off 😁😁😁

Not really . I wasn’t even more right than I thought 😉. ROTG thought he would stay even without Europe , turns out he got the boot even with it! He was a dead man walking basically ( probably since Liverpool game). 

• Thanks 1