Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Nottingham Forest win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/24 at 15:30

2 hours ago, Ham said:

We haven't won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy either but I can live with that. 

That’s nothing compared to the full members cup. 

• Agree 1

Our academy team plays in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy (aka Johnstones' Paint Trophy). And, yes, I want to win that one too. Taking part is overrated. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Sciatika said:

If we don't do the conference league, how can we sing "we've won it all"?

Not sure this squad is ready for two or three games per week 

38 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

If Villa are better than us (as per PL table), then wouldn't winning the Conference next season be an achievement with our squad since they couldn't do it?

I guess it depend on the height of the bar you are setting?

I don't particularly want us to be in the Europa Conference next season, however, if we do end up in it then I want us to win it. We may as well complete the European set again if the chance is there, although it will need to be balanced against success (top 4) in the league.

I also think it's a good test for this squad to see how they cope with the extra matches and travelling... if they want to be a CL team, they need to be able to deal with that.

I'm really worried about this match, purely because I'm really looking forward to it! I am really confident we can get another big and comfortable win and I haven't had this feeling for a very long time. 

4 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I guess it depend on the height of the bar you are setting?

Well I suppose my outlook is simply that we have a squad with little to no experience in Europe. We can laugh and joke about the quality gap of Conference vs PL, but at the end of the day you are playing teams that are used to winning week in week out in their countries regardless of the quality of their leagues and as I mentioned in an earlier post, with Chelsea coming to town, every stadium will sell out and add an edge to the atmosphere. And from a personal view, it's interesting to have a tour against a variety of different teams we haven't played before.

1 minute ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I don't particularly want us to be in the Europa Conference next season, however, if we do end up in it then I want us to win it. We may as well complete the European set again if the chance is there, although it will need to be balanced against success (top 4) in the league.

I also think it's a good test for this squad to see how they cope with the extra matches and travelling... if they want to be a CL team, they need to be able to deal with that.

Yes exactly. The experience is needed, no good being outside of Europe for 2 seasons and then suddenly be hit with the CL fixture load. Plus I've mentioned this in the past, it's worth it to keep our UEFA ranking high and also it will be in our direct hands to help open up a 5th CL spot next season.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'm really worried about this match, purely because I'm really looking forward to it! I am really confident we can get another big and comfortable win and I haven't had this feeling for a very long time. 

Yes the recent run of form since the Everton game (Arsenal game withstanding) has me quite confident too. 6-0, 2-0 and 5-0, the 2 games we lost in that run were against the 2 best defences in the league. And the 6-0 was against the 3rd best defence in the league!

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

20 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

James and Big Les back.

Unavailable list down to 6! Laughable that 6 seems like a small number these days 

Keep him on the bench, ease him in very slowly and don’t let him show enough to make Gareth pick him for England!

• Agree 3

16 hours ago, Ham said:

We haven't won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy either but I can live with that. 

It's incredible that over so many years it's the only brand that kind of got stuck in our minds  in a positive way, other than these big sponsors like "emirates" etc 🙂

43 minutes ago, Bones said:

It's incredible that over so many years it's the only brand that kind of got stuck in our minds  in a positive way, other than these big sponsors like "emirates" etc 🙂

The league cup still is and will forever be the Coca Cola Cup to me.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The league cup still is and will forever be the Coca Cola Cup to me.

Carling Cup is what I still call it to this day. Those days out at Cardiff in my teenage years will forever live on in my heart. Much better stadium than the New Wembley to be honest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Carling Cup is what I still call it to this day. Those days out at Cardiff in my teenage years will forever live on in my heart. Much better stadium than the New Wembley to be honest.

Carling Cup, yeah 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Carling Cup good, Worthington Cup bad... don't know why it just never felt right.

I have a soft spot for the Capital One Cup, as they were my clients at the time and we worked on all the content and branding for Wembley and Wembley Way on the day of the finals, which of course meant photo shoots with the teams and so I got to meet some proper Chelsea legends at Cobham that year (plus free tickets every year).

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Bones said:

Carling Cup, yeah 🙂

Milk cup

Littlewoods challenge cup

Rumbelows Cup

Coca-Cola Cup

Worthington Cup

Carling Cup

Capital One Cup

EFL Cup

Carabao Cup

2025: Marmite Cup ? 😁😁😁

• Haha 2

HMM....Milk Cup is the one that always seemed so out of place and innapropriate...always got images of "johnny foriegners" on bikes with a bottle of milk splashing everywhere in their hands as they sailed over a winning line.

Weird !🚴‍♂️🚵‍♂️🥛🍼

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Looking at the "reduced" injury list, we could see a pretty strong bench.

Petrovic, Gusto, Chalobah, Badiashile, Cucurella, Gallagher, Caicedo, Palmer, Madueke, Mudryk, Jackson

Subs: Bettinelli, Disasi, Silva, James, Colwill, Big Les, Casadei, Sterling, Nkunku.

With a fit squad and with Maatsen, Broja & Lukaku back from loan, we have doble (or triple) up in every position.

Oh, wait...... 😁😁😁

Looking forward to this game as I think it will be a good test of where we are at currently. I quite like this Forest squad of players (except that rat Yates who just winds me up) and can see them causing us problems with quick direct players, so I am expecting a sterner test here than both West Ham and Spurs games recently.

Can we stand up defensively in what will be a hostile game away from home ? Personally, I’m hoping Luton get the result at West Ham to keep the jeopardy high in this game. 
I’m keen to understand if we have been slightly flattered recently, against teams who are in a bad run of form , or have we turned a corner where we are functioning well as a team.

I expect we will have a better idea after this game at what is quite a hostile and difficult ground to win at . 

• Like 1

Forest will be desperate for something from this to ensure survival while we are overdue a brain fart. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we drop points here while Newcastle pull away for sixth.