Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Nottingham Forest win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/24 at 15:30

48 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Forest will be desperate for something from this to ensure survival while we are overdue a brain fart. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we drop points here while Newcastle pull away for sixth.

Quite, bo****ks to all this optimism - I blame it on the youngsters who haven't quite yet learned to be the manic depressives that our football club have turned the older ones into. 😉 

If you're not in the 'older ' category - apologies. You've just learned valuable lessons earlier! 🤣

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Amazing news. I hope for his sake he's made a full recovery and has not rushed the process because he wants to be at the Euros. 

This makes me nervous because I do worry he's doing exactly what you've suggested, trying to get back in time for the Euros. I understand from a personal level why he would want to do that, I just hope he is ready to play for us and if he does end up getting picked, is actually ready to cope with a summer of football.

If he gets this comeback wrong, then that could be it for him at this level.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think we'll see:

Petrovic

Gusto - Chalobah - Silva - Cucurella

Gallagher - Caicedo

Madueke - Palmer - Mudryk

Jackson

I think Silva will play today, get a rest in the week and then play his final game next weekend.

I am really interested to see what impact having Gusto (or James) at right back will do for the role Cucurella has been playing. Can Cucurella move into the inverted midfield role as often, if Gusto/James are bombing forward? Will they rotate between the right back and Cucurella doing it? Looking forward to it... I hope.

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This makes me nervous because I do worry he's doing exactly what you've suggested, trying to get back in time for the Euros. I understand from a personal level why he would want to do that, I just hope he is ready to play for us and if he does end up getting picked, is actually ready to cope with a summer of football.

Worried for him because another set back could be mentally exhausting for him.

Just looking it up now De Bruyne had hamstring surgery in August and made his return in January. I think Reece has has had a longer recovery process so maybe we're being overly cautious.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bison said:

Worried for him because another set back could be mentally exhausting for him.

Just looking it up now De Bruyne had hamstring surgery in August and made his return in January. I think Reece has has had a longer recovery process so maybe we're being overly cautious.

I’d like to think we are, because you would hope the surgeon, medical team and coaching staff wouldn’t let him come back before he’s definitely ready. Fingers crossed!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’d like to think we are, because you would hope the surgeon, medical team and coaching staff wouldn’t let him come back before he’s definitely ready. Fingers crossed!

Yeah surely there’s more governance and rigour around this sort of thing than simply Reece says he is ready to play again?! 

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Reece had surgery the week before Christmas so the two feel similar in terms of recovery time… 4-5 months ish 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, east lower said:

Quite, bo****ks to all this optimism - I blame it on the youngsters who haven't quite yet learned to be the manic depressives that our football club have turned the older ones into. 😉 

If you're not in the 'older ' category - apologies. You've just learned valuable lessons earlier! 🤣

Mate I was in primary school when we won the FA Cup in 1970. Little did I know that would be the last domestic trophy I'd see for 37 years. Cynicism was bred into me during the intervening years 😃

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Listen. We are due a 10 min cameo before his next four month layoff…🫥😬🙈

• Haha 1

Tottenham win, meaning Burnley relegated.

Luton lose, meaning they are essentially relegated, barring a massive goal difference swing.

This means Forest are safe, which must help us today, especially as we also know that Newcastle have dropped points.

This is a big game for us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2