Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Brighton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/24 at 17:30

18 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Trying to figure out what position we need to finish in to qualify for Europe ?? So for example if we finish 6th that will qualify for Europa Cup but if Man Utd win the FA Cup we would enter the Europa Conference league instead. Where would 7th position in the league qualify us for ??

If we finish 6th we are in the Europa League if City win the Cup, Conference League if Utd win the cup.

If we finish 7th we are in the Conference League if City win the Cup, not in Europe if Utd win the cup (assuming Utd finish 8th).

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, blueboy1905 said:

Trying to figure out what position we need to finish in to qualify for Europe ?? So for example if we finish 6th that will qualify for Europa Cup but if Man Utd win the FA Cup we would enter the Europa Conference league instead. Where would 7th position in the league qualify us for ??

Yes you have got the correct understanding.

If we finish 6th and Utd win Cup, we get Conference. If City win Cup, we get Europa.

If we finish 7th and Utd win Cup, we get nothing. If City win Cup, we get Conference.

5th is the only way to guarantee Europa regardless of the Cup Final result.

9 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

If we finish 6th we are in the Europa League if City win the Cup, Conference League if Utd win the cup.

If we finish 7th we are in the Conference League if City win the Cup, not in Europe if Utd win the cup (assuming Utd finish 8th).

Another interesting twist (unlikely to happen). If Utd finish 6th, then 7th gets Conference regardless of the Cup Final result. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

3 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes you have got the correct understanding.

If we finish 6th and Utd win Cup, we get Conference. If City win Cup, we get Europa.

If we finish 7th and Utd win Cup, we get nothing. If City win Cup, we get Conference.

5th is the only way to guarantee Europa regardless of the Cup Final result.

I'm fairly confident working on the assumption City win the FA Cup.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

United losing against Arsenal means we probably only need 1 win to guarantee Conference. 

For Europa we need Newcastle to draw 1 game (they play United) and win both our remaining games or if United beat them then 1 win, 1 draw is enough. 

Both assume City beat United in the FA Cup. 

I think we will get Europa.

City to win the Cup and the League and open up a 5th CL place and we will get one of the next two EL places.

Of course we need to finish higher than Utd and we have a 3pt advantage. 

8 minutes ago, jasonb said:

I think we will get Europa.

City to win the Cup and the League and open up a 5th CL place and we will get one of the next two EL places.

Of course we need to finish higher than Utd and we have a 3pt advantage. 

1 minute ago, Miguelito07 said:

There is no 5th CL place available for the premier league

Sadly not. If English teams had performed better in Europe this year and 5th had opened up to CL, 7th would have been enough for Europa League with City winning the FA Cup. Shame. But hopefully next year it will be in our hands to give the league a 5th CL place and to ourselves benefit from it as well.

• Like 1

Sorry to piss on everyone's parade but just can't see us winning our last two games.

We've had a handful of very good performances surrounded by anything from absolutely awful to just about acceptable. 

If we'd been really good against Forest I'd share some of yours optimism but we were pretty shit and lucky to come away with the three points.

12 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Sorry to piss on everyone's parade but just can't see us winning our last two games.

We've had a handful of very good performances surrounded by anything from absolutely awful to just about acceptable. 

If we'd been really good against Forest I'd share some of yours optimism but we were pretty shit and lucky to come away with the three points.

Oh, realism sucks 😁😁😁 How much for a pint of  optimism? 🥴👍👏😁

25 minutes ago, martin1905 said:

Brighton wont be easy, sure, but both games are certainly winnable, especially now we have some more players back

1 hour ago, martin1905 said:

Yes but neither team has anything to play for, I think that will edge it for us.

9 hours ago, Sciatika said:

We need Spurs to lose to Man City (likely) and to lose on the last day, Newcastle to drop points to Man United (not impossible at Old Trafford) and to win our games.  If we do that, we will be fifth.

Just an aside,,I (we?) need Manure Spuds The Arse and basically any side playing in red to lose every week...it's in the blood!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes but neither team has anything to play for, I think that will edge it for us.

But both of them can go out and be relaxed and playing without tension can help a team perform better. 

This is the first game this season i wont be able to watch on TV or follow on the radio. Tbh, I'm not that fussed about us playing in the Europa League. Too many Thursday/Sunday games for my liking. But we'll have a lot of players wanting and needing game time next season, so there is that to take into consideration.

3 hours ago, jasonb said:

I

I have a sneaky feeling Spurs will get at least a draw against City giving Arse the title and Utd will win the final. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chara said:

Just an aside,,I (we?) need Manure Spuds The Arse and basically any side playing in red to lose every week...it's in the blood!

Obvs. It's a very ugly colour.

Edited by Sciatika
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

But both of them can go out and be relaxed and playing without tension can help a team perform better. 

This is the first game this season i wont be able to watch on TV or follow on the radio. Tbh, I'm not that fussed about us playing in the Europa League. Too many Thursday/Sunday games for my liking. But we'll have a lot of players wanting and needing game time next season, so there is that to take into consideration.

8 league stage games in Europa vs 6 in Conference. In either competition, finishing top 8 (out of 36) will mean we skip a 2 legged knockout round and go straight to last 16.

I have a sneaky feeling Spurs will get at least a draw against City giving Arse the title and Utd will win the final. 

Summer ruined.

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan
  • Like 1

Only if they are fit! 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Certainly possible.